Trade Down to Browns 1st Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Down to Browns 1st Pick

If Caroline takes Fairley at number 1 then we are left with a choice. If were staying in the 3-4(which i thnk we should) i think theres only a choice between dareus and PP. #2 is way too high to take dareus tho. But we could trade with Cleveland who has the 6th pick because they want AJ green. This is how I would see the picks would go down to #6.

#1 CAR- Fairley
    #2 CLE- Green
    #3 BUF- Newton/Dareus
    #4 CIN- Bowers/Dareus
    #5 ARZ- Gabbert/Mallet/PP
    #6 DEN-PP/Dareus

I think Bufalo would go with Newton and Cin with Bowers and ARZ would take one of those two qbs. If we could do this trade and still make the same decision betweeen dareus and PP at #6 we could be paying less money plus we would get a second round pick from CLE this year and one from next year. Do you think PP and Dareus could slip to 6?

Originally posted by WhereIsALWILSON View Post
    If Caroline takes Fairley at number 1 then we are left with a choice. If were staying in the 3-4(which i thnk we should) i think theres only a choice between dareus and PP. #2 is way too high to take dareus tho. But we could trade with Cleveland who has the 6th pick because they want AJ green. This is how I would see the picks would go down to #6.

#1 CAR- Fairley
    #2 CLE- Green
    #3 BUF- Newton/Dareus
    #4 CIN- Bowers/Dareus
    #5 ARZ- Gabbert/Mallet/PP
    #6 DEN-PP/Dareus

I think Bufalo would go with Newton and Cin with Bowers and ARZ would take one of those two qbs. If we could do this trade and still make the same decision betweeen dareus and PP at #6 we could be paying less money plus we would get a second round pick from CLE this year and one from next year. Do you think PP and Dareus could slip to 6?
    Maybe - but Prince Amukamura might be there as well. If we're able to secure another second or perhaps a 3rd and a 4th for trading down, it's impossible to say no.

We just have too many holes to fill and lack talent in too many areas.
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

That sounds good to me. I hope Carolina passes on Fairley, but if he's gone that sounds like the best plan. If we are able to get Patrick Peterson at 6 that would be an absolute steal!

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
        Maybe - but Prince Amukamura might be there as well. If we're able to secure another second or perhaps a 3rd and a 4th for trading down, it's impossible to say no.

We just have too many holes to fill and lack talent in too many areas.
        A 3rd or 4th??? NO Way! According to the draft value chart, the 2nd to 6th pick is equivalent to 16th overall pick. We better be getting their 2nd rounder at very least.

Comment

i am not apposed to trading down. Even outside the top 10, depends what was offered.

The broncos need a lot of talent and trading down could be a great option to still get a great player but also some more picks.

If possible trading down to 11 or so and drafting jj watt would be fine by me.
          sigpic
          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

If we dont get Fairley and still end up with a pick in the top 10 then I really hope we get PP.

Comment

double gag sorry but 2 extremely overrated players as our best options.

1- Fairley
              2- Green
              3- Quinn
              4- Bowers
              5- (honestly dont know Skelton will probably stay maybe the shoot the gun Von Miller or they trade down to the Cowboys who want a Corner with sense they take Prince but they will take Peterson)
              6- We could take Prince or Dareus but ild rather drop back farther and get Watt (trade with Shanny so he can get Gabbert a Cutler clone)
              7-Mallett
              8- Cant see them making the same mistake twice but hey Newton may just be the guy the owner wants (Vince Young 2.0 anyone)
              9- Von Miller (to arizona)
              10-JJ Watt

That would be intense but it would be better for us
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I think if we trade down to the 6th pick and dareus and Pp are both gone I would trade down again. Depending on how far down we trade we could get Prince Watt or even Cameron Jordan if we trade into the later teens.

Comment

Originally posted by WhereIsALWILSON View Post
                  I think if we trade down to the 6th pick and dareus and Pp are both gone I would trade down again. Depending on how far down we trade we could get Prince Watt or even Cameron Jordan if we trade into the later teens.
                  Prince is bad. Not worth a top 20 pick. I beleive brandon harris from miami and jimmy smith are better cornerbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    Prince is bad. Not worth a top 20 pick. I beleive brandon harris from miami and jimmy smith are better cornerbacks.
                    I dont know Princ has managed to shutdown a receiver or 2 that gave Smith some trouble and well many corners have had better luck then Peterson including all 3 yo mentioned.

I like Smith a great 2nd rounder and the most physical corner in the draft as opposed to Peterson and Brown. Still I question his speed he might be better suited as a Safety so ill wait for the combine. Davon Harris, Brandon Burton Aaron Williams, and Janoris Jenkins are all good top notch corners themselves. The 1st 2 need to add weight but they are still top notch
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

The good thing for the Broncos is that if we stay in the 3-4, there are really equally talented linemen available throughout the first.
                      Honestly as far as the 3-4 goes I have it as...
                      1. Marcel Dareus - Absolute animal, this guy always takes up blocks, and absolutely destroys them (see Michigan ST game for an example)
                      2. Nick Fairley- I think Fairley is great in a 4-3, but in the 3-4 I think he might not play the run that well, different system for him.
                      3. J.J Watts- His motor, size, and speed really make him an excellent 3-4 DE
                      4. Cameron Jordan- The guy's stock is rising, he is fast, strong, plays well against the run, and is pretty good against the pass
                      5. Cameron Heyward- Great against the run, lacking against the pass, but would sure up our run D, and takes up blocks

Comment

If we are going to trade down, i want Watt.

Comment

It's a good idea, but why would they do it? They can sit where they are and still land a playmaking WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                            The good thing for the Broncos is that if we stay in the 3-4, there are really equally talented linemen available throughout the first.
                            Honestly as far as the 3-4 goes I have it as...
                            1. Marcel Dareus - Absolute animal, this guy always takes up blocks, and absolutely destroys them (see Michigan ST game for an example)
                            2. Nick Fairley- I think Fairley is great in a 4-3, but in the 3-4 I think he might not play the run that well, different system for him.
                            3. J.J Watts- His motor, size, and speed really make him an excellent 3-4 DE
                            4. Cameron Jordan- The guy's stock is rising, he is fast, strong, plays well against the run, and is pretty good against the pass
                            5. Cameron Heyward- Great against the run, lacking against the pass, but would sure up our run D, and takes up blocks

My problem with Dareus is that he's been average, actually, almost unnoticeable, outside of his last two bowl games.

I don't want somebody that only turns it on when they want, I want somebody that turns it on every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              It's a good idea, but why would they do it? They can sit where they are and still land a playmaking WR.
                              Yep if they are in good position for Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon. The problem is so many receivers have declared for this draft early because this year was not a top heavy draft and next year was supposed to be that trading up for green doesnt seem like its worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X