X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My free agent wish list!

Tony Dungy: Tim Tebow will be a great NFL quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 30, 2009 9:54 AM ET
    The biggest question mark in the 2010 NFL Draft is Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who's viewed by some as a future franchise quarterback and by others as a guy who will need to move to another position if he'll ever make it as a pro.

Count Tony Dungy as emphatically believing that Tebow will be an NFL superstar.

Appearing Friday morning on The Dan Patrick Show, Dungy said he believes the combination of leadership and athletic ability that Tebow has will make him an elite NFL quarterback -- and more than make up for any questions about his throwing motion.

"As a coach, I always like winners," Dungy said. "Tim Tebow doesn't have the classic throwing motion, he doesn't have the accuracy, maybe, right now that some people are looking for, but I think when he gets into a pro system that really stresses throwing the ball accurately, the big thing is he makes the people around him better. And he's won. ... I think he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Dungy said that if he were running a team with a Top 10 pick, he'd take Tebow. Patrick then asked Dungy who he'd pick for his team if he could have any of the top college quarterbacks, including Washington's Jake Locker, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Texas's Colt McCoy. Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

One of the knocks on Tebow is that during his stellar career in Florida's spread offense, he's never been asked to make the kinds of throws that quarterbacks in prototypical NFL offenses have to make. But Dungy said a good coach can take advantage of Tebow's strengths.

"Is it ever going to be Peyton Manning-ish? Maybe not," Dungy said of Tebow's throwing motion. "But I just think what you can do with him, the problems he creates for a defense, the combination of leadership and what he's shown, if I have him, defenses have to prepare for a totally different offense. ... He's going to give teams the most headaches getting ready for him."

Dungy also said he thinks the Titans are making the right move by starting Vince Young over Kerry Collins, and that if he were the coach of the Chiefs he'd get rid of Larry Johnson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-quarterback/

P.s. Dungy is not the only guy who feels this way...THE DENVER SUPERBOWL DYNASTY HAS BEGUN!
    Sure, Why not?
    25.00%
    No Thanks
    55.00%
    Well, It depends
    20.00%
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

After watching interviews, he's the definition of class and leader. I love how he mentioned the doubters are adding fuel to the fire.

One thing I want to know is, what has he done wrong? Win? Play for Florida?

I want to know why people are trying to bring him down.

:salute!: < - For you Tebow

Comment

My free agent wish list!

Guys my free agent list for the Broncos
      RB-
      Michael Bush (OAK), DeAngelo Williams (CAR)
      TE-
      Marcedes Lewis (JAC), Zach Miller (OAK), Kevin Boss, NYG
      DL-
      Haloti Ngata (BAL), Brandon Mebane (SEA), Cullen Jenkins (GB)
      LB-
      Chad Greenway (MIN), LaMarr Woodley (PIT), Tamba Hali (KC)

Any combination of these players would make me happy!

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
        RB-
        TE-
        DL-
        LB-

Well depends on what we do.

If we kept the 3-4 I would chase Ngata HARD. The Ravens just paid Lewis and Suggs allot of money and frankly they can not afford to lose Ngata. We probably do not get him but it would put the Ravens in real bad shape salary cap wise.

Next I would do the same for Hali. Would go for signing Hali but would not commit to some rediculous contract. Probably do not get him but once again, make sure the Chiefs pay top dollar to keep him.

TE wise I like Daniels from houston as the best TE. Boss next. Lewis probably has the most potential but I think Daniels or Boss would be more reliable and good enough to suit our needs.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

If i had a choice of any 2 players this offseason, it would easily be DeAngelo Williams and Chad Greenway. Both of those guys would dramatically improve our team for next season, and could easily get us back in contention. Especially if we use our #2 pick wisely.

If we cant land Greenway, James Anderson would be a VERY close second. Both of those guys are monster LB's. And if we switch to the 4-3, our LB core will be by far our biggest weakness. We are going to need to get a Pro Bowl LB to anchor our front 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Well depends on what we do.

If we kept the 3-4 I would chase Ngata HARD. The Ravens just paid Lewis and Suggs allot of money and frankly they can not afford to lose Ngata. We probably do not get him but it would put the Ravens in real bad shape salary cap wise.

Next I would do the same for Hali. Would go for signing Hali but would not commit to some rediculous contract. Probably do not get him but once again, make sure the Chiefs pay top dollar to keep him.

TE wise I like Daniels from houston as the best TE. Boss next. Lewis probably has the most potential but I think Daniels or Boss would be more reliable and good enough to suit our needs.
            They do have Terrance Cody at NT,so it is a possibility if Cody progresses next season,i could see Ngata not being franchised.Wishfull thinking

Comment

RB-
              TE-
              DL-
              LB-

i had an orgasm when i saw marcedes lewis :nono:
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

RB-
                TE-
                DL-
                LB-

If you add Owen Daniel TE and David Harris LB,i would be all for these pickups

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  They do have Terrance Cody at NT,so it is a possibility if Cody progresses next season,i could see Ngata not being franchised.Wishfull thinking
                  Ngata is a DE in Baltimores D. and that would explain why they are so good on run defense. 1000 pounds between three lineman
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

RB-
                    TE-
                    DL-
                    LB-
                    I would like to see Mebane & Kuhn on our roster, Along with Williams .

I thought that Jermichael Finley was a FA (Source FootballsFuture), But it got erased. Marcedes would be a great pick-up too. If we could afford to, DJ Williams (Arkansas) would be awesome to draft.

With the success of this year, I highly doubt that KC would let Hali walk, And the same with Woodley. What ever happened to David Hawthorne?, I thought that he was to be a FA this year?.

Although the Ravens fell short this year, I definitely do not see Ngata leaving them. While teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Bears and the Packers are a dominant force now, They are aging in certain areas, That's the advantage that we have over them. We should concentrate on the draft and look for fairly young talent in the FA pool.

GO BRONCOS
                    HE>i

Comment

Greenway has got to be my one FA I really really want this off season. I believe we could focus on the line and secondary more if we got him.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        Ngata is arguably the best defensive player in the league. He at least is the best defensive linemen in the league. Oh and he can play all line positions in the 3-4, and still be amazing.
                        Baltimore is not stupid enough to let him go.

Comment

RB-
                          TE-
                          DL-
                          LB-

So you want the top FA in these positions. Getting 2 of those players is a stretch, let alone 4.
                          sigpic

Comment

If we switch to the 4-3?

Ok the only trade I will do is Orton for a third rounder, lets say SF seems most likely (76).

I wont really address to many freeagent movement except
                            either resign Bailey or get Asomugha
                            Resign Woodyard and Harris
                            Go get a RB Bush, Williams, Sproles any of these guys will do

Ok so in the Draft

2 Nick Fairley DT Auburn - I still think that the Panthers are going to take Bowers, especially after the Combine and all his measurables come out. I pray that I am right on this cause then we get the best player in the draft.

36 Stephen Paea DT Oregon St. - This guy is an absolute beast of a man strong as an Ox is a very accurate description of him. If paired with Fairley it allows us to keep our small edge rusher (Doom) with out worrying about them getting doubled on a regular basis.

46 Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU - A fiery leader, something that DJ hasnt been. The third best ILB for a 4-3 in the draft so we have to reach for him a little bit.

67 Sam Acho DE Texas - We get a good edge rusher with more prototypical size for an end that can comein and contribute right away.

76 Aaron Williams CB Texas - Getting a guy that is good enough to come in a start at the nickle for us if Cox stays.

With the rest of the draft we address Depth we maybe even trade future picks to do so.

Ok so I like it but what do you guys think?

Comment

Aaron Williams won't drop to the 3rd round, but I like your picks.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
                              X