Orton's trade value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs View Post
    I dont know if there is another thread on this, but if so, i apologize.

Obviously if Palmer is traded it will screw Ortons value. I see that ESPN i9nsider has an article on possible suitors for him. can anyone link this?

I think it also opens the Bengals to draft a QB if this happens, and will open up alot of possibilities for them to trade up, if this were to happen.

Any thoughts?
    Not if somehow they trade for Orton after they get rid of Palmer. Orton for Maualua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
      Reasons teams may want Orton:

Comes (comparatively) cheap, plays well, great stop-gap

Reasons teams won't want Palmer:

Current salary: 2011-2012: $11.5 million, 2013: $13 million, 2014: $14 million
      Kyle Orton Quarterback 8/19/2010: Signed a two-year, $11.621 million contract. The deal contains $5.499 million guaranteed, including $2.879 million of his second-year base salary. 2011: $6.879 million (+ $1.5 million roster bonus), 2012: Free Agent
      I wouldn't call that cheap for a player who probably ISN'T going to be your franchise QB. I think Palmer has the chance to go somewhere and be a Kurt Warner to AZ type of move.

People thought that Warner was washed up but he brought the Cardinals to the SB.

Orton is a good backup in my mind. In HIS mind he just needs a team to give him a chance as starter. Unless some team has a great OL, a good solid defense, and good running backs and WRs then they ought not to consider Kyle Orton.

If they've got everything but a QB they MIGHT consider Orton as a pretty good short-term investment. But, they might also prefer Palmer or McNabb who could also be available.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
        I wouldn't call that cheap for a player who probably ISN'T going to be your franchise QB. I think Palmer has the chance to go somewhere and be a Kurt Warner to AZ type of move.

People thought that Warner was washed up but he brought the Cardinals to the SB.

Orton is a good backup in my mind. In HIS mind he just needs a team to give him a chance as starter. Unless some team has a great OL, a good solid defense, and good running backs and WRs then they ought not to consider Kyle Orton.

If they've got everything but a QB they MIGHT consider Orton as a pretty good short-term investment. But, they might also prefer Palmer or McNabb who could also be available.
        and the only team that comes to mind is the Vikings, and I might stick with Jackson over Orton.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
        X