Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU's Peterson?

Hearing more and more about Denver take CB P. Peterson with the
    second pick. I realize we are months away, to take any of this too seriously
    but am I the only one that thinks the pick HAS to be on the DLine?
    A huge area of need that's been ignored for too long.

It is simple in my eyes, but most people are on your side of the argument.

This is how I look at it-

1. Patrick Peterson is an amazing player. IMO he is the best player in the draft and it isn't close.
    2. I am sick of having our 1st round picks not come in and make a huge impact right away.
    3. Peterson will do just that. I guarantee he will be starting Week 1 opposite Champ, or in Champ's spot if we don't keep him.
    4. This draft is ridiculously stacked at the D-Line positions. We can use both 2nd rounders, and the 3rd rounder on quality D-Line prospects, and still have the best athlete in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post

1. Patrick Peterson is an amazing player. IMO he is the best player in the draft and it isn't close.
      2. I am sick of having our 1st round picks not come in and make a huge impact right away.
      3. Peterson will do just that. I guarantee he will be starting Week 1 opposite Champ, or in Champ's spot if we don't keep him.
      4. This draft is ridiculously stacked at the D-Line positions. We can use both 2nd rounders, and the 3rd rounder on quality D-Line prospects, and still have the best athlete in the draft.
      ^^^^This^^^^

Comment

I like either or. Just FYI there is a Draft Forum where these discussions are taking place. The mods would like it discussed there in the future :thumb:

But to answer the question. I think if Fairley goes #1 we have to go Peterson #2
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Peterson will be great either way.....but.....for him to be, really, really good, we need a good pass rush, which means we need a DE.....so I'm split on it.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

CP heading your way brother. I completely agree. And I hope Foxxy and Elway see it the same way you do. Marvelous 4 points

Comment

Have you watched Peterson play?
              DL will make an immediate impact in run stopping and maybe even pass rushing.
              This draft is just as deep in DL as it is CB.

Poor arguement.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

How the Jets work -

1. Acquire lock-down secondary.
                2. Disguise what you're doing.
                3. Send 6+ guys on the blitz because you know your secondary can shut down the pass.

Ta-dah! You're now a Tom Brady stopping machine!

Comment

I agree

You can't take a gamble with the 2nd pick in the draft. Peterson is a sure-fire impact player like Eric Berry was for KC last year and although you have a really high ceiling with players like Da'quan Bowers, Robert Quinn and Marcell Dareus you're just not sure what you're really going to get.

If Nick Fairley is there, I say we'll probably draft him but I still don't think of him on the same level as Ndamakung Suh or maybe even Gerald McCoy coming out of school.

I think Peterson will be BPA at pick #2 and will be a great start to rebuilding the defense. I also think we'll be able to get some quality Dline picks in the 2nd round.

I also have a gut feeling that Champ won't be here next year and we'll need a young stud to take his spot.

Comment

Passing on Peterson would be a foolish idea IMO. Fairley just has an unusually high bust risk. And with the large dline depth in the draft we could easily take PP and grab Dlinemen all the way down.. One of them is bound to be at least decent :paper:

Comment

Originally posted by lottaphil View Post
                      You can't take a gamble with the 2nd pick in the draft. Peterson is a sure-fire impact player like Eric Berry was for KC last year and although you have a really high ceiling with players like Da'quan Bowers, Robert Quinn and Marcell Dareus you're just not sure what you're really going to get.

If Nick Fairley is there, I say we'll probably draft him but I still don't think of him on the same level as Ndamakung Suh or maybe even Gerald McCoy coming out of school.

I think Peterson will be BPA at pick #2 and will be a great start to rebuilding the defense. I also think we'll be able to get some quality Dline picks in the 2nd round.

I also have a gut feeling that Champ won't be here next year and we'll need a young stud to take his spot.

If anyone remembers our D for the past two years what happens when the opposing team's runner gets past the our front 7? He's gone.. and the only hope in catching him was Champ.. Our d was completely out raced. Peterson is FAST and he can make those stops. IMO that is what so many people arent seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                        Passing on Peterson would be a foolish idea IMO. Fairley just has an unusually high bust risk. And with the large dline depth in the draft we could easily take PP and grab Dlinemen all the way down.. One of them is bound to be at least decent :paper:
                        Peterson is just as likely to bust.
                        A young corner going to a team with poor pass rush, having to cover number one WRs. And to top it all of he plays with poor technique and relies entirely on athleticism. How many times I will say this I don't know; THIS DRAFT IS JUST AS DEEP AT CORNER AS DL. Quit ignoring this simple fact.
                        Denver Broncos GM
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                          If anyone remembers our D for the past two years what happens when the opposing team's runner gets past the our front 7? He's gone.. and the only hope in catching him was Champ.. Our d was completely out raced. Peterson is FAST and he can make those stops. IMO that is what so many people arent seeing.
                          What if we had a stud DL to stop them from ever reaching the secondary? Again poor argument.
                          Denver Broncos GM

Comment

I think we have to stop reaching for positions on need and just draft the best possible player regardless of position (obviously we wouldn't draft a WR). We have a major lack of talent on defense and Peterson would help bring some talent to that side of the ball.

The biggest thing for the Front Office this year is to not miss if we don't trade down from the #2 pick. We can't afford to reach on a project player or draft someone who won't see the field very often in his rookie year!

Elway and Xanders really need to rely on the Broncos scouting team to do their homework and make a good choice on who to bring in and help turn this franchise around.
                            Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 01-19-2011, 03:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                              Have you watched Peterson play?
                              DL will make an immediate impact in run stopping and maybe even pass rushing.
                              This draft is just as deep in DL as it is CB.

Poor arguement.
                              Have I watched him play??? Of course, and he is the best player on the field in every single game he has played. The other teams rarely throw to his side (very similar to Champ), but when they do, he usually picks it off, and then he usually takes it to the house. And if you are too afraid to throw to his side, you will have to punt, and guess who will be waiting back to return? That's right, and he is the most electrifying returner in college. If this man is not a playmaker, they do not exist. You have to remember he did this in the SEC for 3 years against some of the best WR prospects in the draft this year. (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Darvin Adams, Alshon Jeffery)

Comment

Working...
                              X