Mike Trgovac Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Trgovac Mock

I think with Jim Mora Jr taking his name out of the defensive coordinator, that leaves Mike Trgovac as the leading candidate for the Denver job. Trgovac's defenses have been top 10 on average. He has spent the last two years learning the ins and outs of the 3-4 defense under Dom Capers, and has been instrumental in the development of BJ Raji.

With the uncertainty of the CBA, don't expect an active free agency. I think we will go for a few under the radar free agents, Most notable; DE Cullen Jenkins, Jenkins is a terrific pass rusher at the 5 technique position and follows Trgovac to Denver. The Packers have a good rotation and may be willing to let Jenkins walk. Next on the list is CB Champ Bailey, Bailey is a Tebow believer and buys in to John Fox's system. The last high profile signing will be TE Jeff King, King is a good blocker who can help Tebow grow as a passer.

FREE AGENTS
    DE Cullen Jenkins
    CB Champ Bailey
    TE Jeff King
    OT Jermon Bushrod
    OL Daryn Colledge
    FB Korey Hall

In the draft I think Fairley will go number 1 overall, this leaves us with Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, and DaQuan Bowers. I think by this time in the year a CBA will be done with a rookie wage scale in place making it significantly easier to trade up and down.

TRADES
    Kyle Orton to the Arizona Cardinals for their third round pick and conditional 2012 pick. (could escalate to a second, minimum fifth, based on play.)
    #2 overall pick to to Tennessee for #7 overall pick, 2nd round pick, and a 2012 second.
    2012 second (from Tennessee) and 2012 fourth round pick for a 2011 second round pick.

DRAFT

1st round: DE Marcell Dareus, Bama
    Dareus is a blue chip, hardworking defensive end who has experience in the 3-4 system under Nick Saban's teaching. Dareus has shown the ability of dominating the point of attack and is a great run stuffer. Dareus had a down year in 2010, but alot of talent around him left for the draft last year.
    2nd round A: RB Mikel LeShoure, Illini
    LeShoure is big back who can compliment Knowshon is the running game. John Fox's offenses have often feature two capable runningbacks, and LeShoure fits the Jonathon Stewert/Stephen Davis mold and is a good powerback.
    2nd round B: SS Kenny Tate, Maryland
    Tate is a play maker plain and simple. He reminds me alot of Arizona Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson. He will be a key player on special teams until he cracks the starting lineup.
    2nd round C: CB Davon House, New Mexico State
    House is one of the most talented corners in the draft, but plays for a small school. Their are questions of how he can play against bigger receivers, but he is a very polished player who was rarely tested this year.
    2nd round D: NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
    Powe is project for Trgovac to model into the next BJ Raji or Vince Wilfork.
    3rd round A: ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
    Sheppard is currently the third or fourth best inside backer in the draft. He is an emotional leader and will take DJ's spot down the line.
    3rd round B: OLB Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburg
    Sheard was overshadowed by Greg Romeus before this season, but really stepped up big after Romeus's injury. Sheard excels as a pass rusher and will spell Robert Ayers on passing downs.
    6th Round: TE Andre Smith, Virginia Tech
    Smith is not a house hold name. In fact, I'm sure most don't know who Smith is. Smith has a large frame at 6'5 272, and is a mobile blocker. He may not have Schuyler Oordt's athleticism, but is a good threat in the red zone and had 5 touchdowns this season in VT's run first offense.
    7th round: OL Kevin Kowalski, Toledo
    Kowalski is an experienced lineman and has played guard and center. He has some athleticism and can be a solid backup in our transition back to zone blocking.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS

RB Da'Rel Scott, Maryland
    LB Wayne Daniels, TCU

Projected Depth Chart
    QB Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
    RB Knowshon Moreno, Mikel LeShoure, Lendale White, Da'Rel Scott
    FB Korey Hall
    WR Brandan Lloyd, Eric Decker, Jabar Gaffney
    WR Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney
    TE Jeff King, Richard Quinn, Andre Smith
    LT Ryan Clady
    LG Zane Beadles, Kevin Kowalski
    C JD Walton, Eric Olsen
    RG Chris Kuper, Daryn Colledge
    RT Jermon Bushrod, Zane Beadles

On offense, we have Tebow being protected by Jermon Bushrod who may be let loose if the saints resign Carl Nicks. Knowshon Moreno and Mikel LeShoure will benefit from a solid zone blocking line, and Ryan Clady will return to elite form. Jeff King should be a good check down option.

SDE Kevin Vickerson, Marcell Dareus, Marcus Thomas
    NT Jamaal Williams, Justin Bannan, Jerrell Powe
    WDE Cullen Jenkins, Marcell Dareus, Marcus Thomas
    SRB Robert Ayers, Jabaal Sheard
    SIB Joe Mays, Mario Haggan
    WIB DJ Williams, Kelvin Sheppard
    WRB Elvis Dumervil, Wayne Daniels
    LCB Champ Bailey, Davon House
    RCB Perrish Cox, SydQuan Thompson
    NB SydQuan Thompson
    FS Darcell McBath, Reynaldo Hill, SydQuan Thompson
    SS Kenny Tate, David Bruton

The defense will be better with depth, and Doom back. This will be a team focused on creating pressure from the defensive line and linebackers. The secondary will take advantage, and Darcell McGlass will get start if healthy. Don't expect big things from Powe this year, but Powe will be a solid nose tackle if given time to develop. The depth chart may be misleading, but their will be a heavy rotation on the defensive line and linebackers. Marcell Dareus will play about 60% of the snaps subbing in on either side.

K Matt Prater
    P Britton Colquitt
    KR Cassius Vaughn, Eddie Royal
    PR Eddie Royal

With a more traditional offense Eddie will be a full time return man and will split reps with Cassius Vaughn on kick offs. Prater and Colquitt will be a solid combo.

Thoughts?
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

I like it haha. I usually don't like these mocks but I like it CP to you when i can give another.
    DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

I personally wouldn't want a RB in the 2nd but would rather see what CB/ILB/OLB are available and draft the best available instead but I love the Kenny Tate pick i think he has to be wearing Blue/Orange next year

Comment

There is no way i want a RB in the 2nd round... We have way bigger needs on defense than to use one of our top picks in the draft on a RB. Plus we dont need a big RB to compliment Knowshon. We need a lighting fast guy that can take it 60+ yards to the house at any time.

I think Fox will go after a free agent RB like DeAngelo Williams, or Michael Bush...

Comment

Good mock. I like.
          sigpic
          St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            There is no way i want a RB in the 2nd round... We have way bigger needs on defense than to use one of our top picks in the draft on a RB. Plus we dont need a big RB to compliment Knowshon. We need a lighting fast guy that can take it 60+ yards to the house at any time.

I think Fox will go after a free agent RB like DeAngelo Williams, or Michael Bush...
            I understand that,
            But Fox has never had a speed back.
            He has had two capable starting backs splitting time.
            I don't want to pay 30-40 mil for an rb coming off a major injury.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

How do you pronounce Trgovac?
              sigpic
              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                I think
                Turr Go vack
                Denver Broncos GM

Comment

I think I was the first person here to bring up his name coming to Denver. I still hope he does. However, after reading some the things he said upon leaving Carolina, I believe he has zero interest in coaching with Fox again. Time to jump off that bandwagon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of Dareus or drafting a 2nd round RB all that much but its still a good draft.

These are good players but many of them like Andre Smith will probably go before you have them but if it happens not a bad draft.
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I would rather Go Fairley and Cameron Jordan with our first 2 picks,our DL has to be addressed in this draft.Im not a big fan of drafting a RB,CB,WR,or a safety this draft.The safe picks are Nick Fairley first and Cameron Jordan second pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                        Tir-goh-vatz
                        sigpic
                        St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                          I would rather Go Fairley and Cameron Jordan with our first 2 picks,our DL has to be addressed in this draft.Im not a big fan of drafting a RB,CB,WR,or a safety this draft.The safe picks are Nick Fairley first and Cameron Jordan second pick.
                          I have Fairley going number 1, and I dont think Jordan drops out of the first round. I understand that, I wasn't either. But if we had this many picks, I wouldn't mind so much.
                          Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post

So Bush is a homerun runningback, who can "take it 60+ yards to the house at any time" in your opinion??????

:doh::nono:

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyFan4ever View Post
                              So Bush is a homerun runningback, who can "take it 60+ yards to the house at any time" in your opinion??????

:doh::nono:
                              Hey he could be with the right blocking nearly any RB can look good lol but yeah I am not overwhelmed by Bush but he isnt a bad goalline and shortyardage back he gets 4.4 ypc and its when they tend to stack the box but he isnt great at making cuts and hes not very fast he is just pure power which makes him hard to take down but limited. However if White is healthy i dont think we need a power back.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X