Mike Trgovac Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I have Fairley going number 1, and I dont think Jordan drops out of the first round. I understand that, I wasn't either. But if we had this many picks, I wouldn't mind so much.
    Fairley will not go #1.The Panther are looking for a franchise QB,and Claussen is not it.Since Luck stayed in for another year,Carolina will pick the next best option in the draft at QB.Then Fairley will land in Denver with the 2nd pick.Also,we could trade up with our 2nds and get Jordan.We could possibly get both players.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 01-20-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
      Fairley will not go #1.The Panther are looking for a franchise QB,and Claussen is not it.Since Luck stayed in for another year,Carolina will pick the next best option in the draft at QB.Then Fairley will land in Denver with the 2nd pick.Also,we could trade up with our 2nds and get Jordan.We could possibly get both players.
      In this mock he does.
      Get over it.
      We could use all our seconds to move up an draft Peterson, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I seriously doubt Carolina drafts a QB with Luck gone there isn't a surefire QB spot. I hope they trade down significantly to pick up some interior lineman on offense/defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyFan4ever View Post
          So Bush is a homerun runningback, who can "take it 60+ yards to the house at any time" in your opinion??????

:doh::nono:
          Michael Bush has 3 runs of over 60 yards in his career as a backup in Oakland... How many does Knowshon have as our #1 RB for 2 years?

Thanks.

Comment

I think with Jim Mora Jr taking his name out of the defensive coordinator, that leaves Mike Trgovac as the leading candidate for the Denver job. Trgovac's defenses have been top 10 on average. He has spent the last two years learning the ins and outs of the 3-4 defense under Dom Capers, and has been instrumental in the development of BJ Raji.

With the uncertainty of the CBA, don't expect an active free agency. I think we will go for a few under the radar free agents, Most notable; DE Cullen Jenkins, Jenkins is a terrific pass rusher at the 5 technique position and follows Trgovac to Denver. The Packers have a good rotation and may be willing to let Jenkins walk. Next on the list is CB Champ Bailey, Bailey is a Tebow believer and buys in to John Fox's system. The last high profile signing will be TE Jeff King, King is a good blocker who can help Tebow grow as a passer.

FREE AGENTS
            DE Cullen Jenkins Solid but we need more youth. Wouldnt mind this pickup. However i doubt he comes to a rebuilder after going from a contrender.
            CB Champ Bailey
            TE Jeff King
            OT Jermon Bushrod I would rather keep ryan harris just because of the contract situation
            OL Daryn Colledge We do need o line dpeth however i doubt a player who is a starter will leave a team to become a backup. Will not happen unless promised a starting role.
            FB Korey Hall

In the draft I think Fairley will go number 1 overall, this leaves us with Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, and DaQuan Bowers. I think by this time in the year a CBA will be done with a rookie wage scale in place making it significantly easier to trade up and down.

TRADES
            Kyle Orton to the Arizona Cardinals for their third round pick and conditional 2012 pick. (could escalate to a second, minimum fifth, based on play.)
            #2 overall pick to to Tennessee for #7 overall pick, 2nd round pick, and a 2012 second.
            2012 second (from Tennessee) and 2012 fourth round pick for a 2011 second round pick. I would rather not. Preety unrealistic trade though. I would just stick to maybe trading players for picks and trade downs. But wouldnt mind the trade if it happened.

DRAFT

1st round: DE Marcell Dareus, Bama
            Dareus is a blue chip, hardworking defensive end who has experience in the 3-4 system under Nick Saban's teaching. Dareus has shown the ability of dominating the point of attack and is a great run stuffer. Dareus had a down year in 2010, but alot of talent around him left for the draft last year. I do like this pick if we stay in the 3-4.
            2nd round A: RB Mikel LeShoure, Illini
            LeShoure is big back who can compliment Knowshon is the running game. John Fox's offenses have often feature two capable runningbacks, and LeShoure fits the Jonathon Stewert/Stephen Davis mold and is a good powerback. One of your picks i do not like. We need defense.
            2nd round B: SS Kenny Tate, Maryland
            Tate is a play maker plain and simple. He reminds me alot of Arizona Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson. He will be a key player on special teams until he cracks the starting lineup. Myself personally i would rather me a deandre mcdaniel or mark barron.
            2nd round C: CB Davon House, New Mexico State
            House is one of the most talented corners in the draft, but plays for a small school. Their are questions of how he can play against bigger receivers, but he is a very polished player who was rarely tested this year.I dont like this. You resigned champ and goodman is one of the better number number corners in the league. Cox and syd can man the nickel spot and vaughn as backup return man. Leave the corner spot alone.
            2nd round D: NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
            Powe is project for Trgovac to model into the next BJ Raji or Vince Wilfork. I like this. However he must be used in the right way. He wasnt in 2010. He should be used as a plug to hold up lineman and hold up the point of attack. He was used as a one gap penetrator this year and it hurt his stock. He may fall to the 3rd.
            3rd round A: ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
            Sheppard is currently the third or fourth best inside backer in the draft. He is an emotional leader and will take DJ's spot down the line.Yes a good developmental linebacker who like you said is an emotional leader who could replace dj in a few years. However with wesley woodyard he needs more time on the field.
            3rd round B: OLB Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburg
            Sheard was overshadowed by Greg Romeus before this season, but really stepped up big after Romeus's injury. Sheard excels as a pass rusher and will spell Robert Ayers on passing downs. I like this pick.He has a wide range of moves, has good hand use. Strong. I would like the pick but another guy around the same spot is steven friday.
            6th Round: TE Andre Smith, Virginia Tech
            Smith is not a house hold name. In fact, I'm sure most don't know who Smith is. Smith has a large frame at 6'5 272, and is a mobile blocker. He may not have Schuyler Oordt's athleticism, but is a good threat in the red zone and had 5 touchdowns this season in VT's run first offense. Decent pick to compete for a roster spot and the #3 TE spot with hopefully marquez branson if we bring him back.
            7th round: OL Kevin Kowalski, Toledo
            Kowalski is an experienced lineman and has played guard and center. He has some athleticism and can be a solid backup in our transition back to zone blocking. Good depth player to try out.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS

RB Da'Rel Scott, Maryland Fats running back who i would rather draft and be in the spot where you have the cal RB.
            LB Wayne Daniels, TCU
            Dont know much about him

Projected Depth Chart
            QB Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
            RB Knowshon Moreno, Mikel LeShoure, Lendale White, Da'Rel Scott
            FB Korey Hall
            WR Brandan Lloyd, Eric Decker, Jabar Gaffney I wouldnt mind trading gaff if possible and having willis as the last receiver on the depth chart. He is special.
            WR Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney
            TE Jeff King, Richard Quinn, Andre Smith
            LT Ryan Clady
            LG Zane Beadles, Kevin Kowalski
            C JD Walton, Eric Olsen
            RG Chris Kuper, Daryn Colledge Like i said he will not sign here to be a backup.
            RT Jermon Bushrod, Zane Beadles

On offense, we have Tebow being protected by Jermon Bushrod who may be let loose if the saints resign Carl Nicks. Knowshon Moreno and Mikel LeShoure will benefit from a solid zone blocking line, and Ryan Clady will return to elite form. Jeff King should be a good check down option.

SDE Kevin Vickerson, Marcell Dareus, Marcus Thomas If marcel darius is taken in the first round but in the top 5 he is starting over vickerson from day dot. Vickerson is a decent backup but in no way a starter.
            NT Jamaal Williams, Justin Bannan, Jerrell Powe
            WDE Cullen Jenkins, Marcell Dareus, Marcus Thomas
            SRB Robert Ayers, Jabaal Sheard
            SIB Joe Mays, Mario Haggan
            WIB DJ Williams, Kelvin Sheppard
            WRB Elvis Dumervil, Wayne Daniels
            LCB Champ Bailey, Davon House
            RCB Perrish Cox, SydQuan Thompson You can not seriopusly get rid of goody. He is far better than cox and cox had his best game when he was rotating with syd at the nickel spot.
            NB SydQuan Thompson
            FS Darcell McBath, Reynaldo Hill, SydQuan Thompson Hill is SS.
            SS Kenny Tate, David Bruton

The defense will be better with depth, and Doom back. This will be a team focused on creating pressure from the defensive line and linebackers. The secondary will take advantage, and Darcell McGlass will get start if healthy. Don't expect big things from Powe this year, but Powe will be a solid nose tackle if given time to develop. The depth chart may be misleading, but their will be a heavy rotation on the defensive line and linebackers. Marcell Dareus will play about 60% of the snaps subbing in on either side.

K Matt Prater
            P Britton Colquitt
            KR Cassius Vaughn, Eddie Royal
            PR Eddie Royal

With a more traditional offense Eddie will be a full time return man and will split reps with Cassius Vaughn on kick offs. Prater and Colquitt will be a solid combo.

Thoughts?

Very good. Improved us a lot. However the depth in the secondary at safety and the d line scares me a little.

I would try and sign stephen bowen and paul soliai. Soliai if we stay in the 3-4 should be a main target for us. He is young and a beast and is starting to come into his own. Soliai could start and bowen could be a backup DE. Thomas could be the other backup behind darius and i beleive jenkins could start at the other in your situation.

A depth chart of:

Darius----------Soliai----------Jenkins
            Thomas-------Williams---------Bowen
            Bannan-------Bannan

At safety i beleive hill could be cut. I would sign FA alan ball. He is a no name but a very good young player. He could be backup given a chance to compete with mcbath for the starting FS spot. Then have a drafted player starting with bruton as backup.

Tate----------Mcbath
            Bruton--------Ball

Comment

Kenny Tate is staying in school from what I read earlier

Comment

I have always heard

the secret to good 34 is good, fast linebacking play, yet everyone ignors linebackers in their mock draft? Fairley, Dareus or Peterson would all be acceptable (if they can't trade down) in the first round but how about picking up a good ILB in the second?
                Not a bad draft, I can see lots of work went into it.:thumb:

SIGN CHAMP!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  Very good. Improved us a lot. However the depth in the secondary at safety and the d line scares me a little.

I would try and sign stephen bowen and paul soliai. Soliai if we stay in the 3-4 should be a main target for us. He is young and a beast and is starting to come into his own. Soliai could start and bowen could be a backup DE. Thomas could be the other backup behind darius and i beleive jenkins could start at the other in your situation.

A depth chart of:

Darius----------Soliai----------Jenkins
                  Thomas-------Williams---------Bowen
                  Bannan-------Bannan

At safety i beleive hill could be cut. I would sign FA alan ball. He is a no name but a very good young player. He could be backup given a chance to compete with mcbath for the starting FS spot. Then have a drafted player starting with bruton as backup.

Tate----------Mcbath
                  Bruton--------Ball
                  I feel we don't need our early picks given the starter spot, let Dareus win the battle at about midseason.

I didnt like Goodie being gone either, just something I think might happen.

Ball is trash, he can't cover.

Hill has played corner, free safety, and strong safety.

I don't understand the hate on Vic, easily our best lineman this year, has some potential.

On Daryn, he might be able to take Beadles spot considering the system switch. But, plug in any other slight undersized lineman if you really want to.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I feel we don't need our early picks given the starter spot, let Dareus win the battle at about midseason. Well considering how bad our team is and the players we have i would expect almost every player taken in the first 3 rounds to be a starter. And honestly i beleive they would be better immediatly than what we have. Like jason hunter, dawkins (possibly hill), vickerson.

I didnt like Goodie being gone either, just something I think might happen. Idoubt it. Goody will be a starter in fox system. Atleast i hope so.

Ball is trash, he can't cover. No he isnt trash. He is a starter in this league however he is a young solid safety who is snout in the run game and has decent coverage skills. He was good in dallas this year when given a chance. He would be a great backup who can step up and play well.

Hill has played corner, free safety, and strong safety. Yeh i was undecided to whether keep him or bruton but bruton is a special teamer demon and has some potential. Hill however will probaly be well liked by fox.

I don't understand the hate on Vic, easily our best lineman this year, has some potential. Not hate just the truth. Why does everyone consider hate when you talking real about a player. Vickerson is just not a starter. he is a servicable backup who has some potential. However i would not be broken up or care to much if he were cut.

On Daryn, he might be able to take Beadles spot considering the system switch. But, plug in any other slight undersized lineman if you really want to.
                    Daryn would not come here anyway. Beadles would be a good fit for the zone blocking scheme anyway. He is an athletic vesatile lineman. Daryn will only go some where there is a guantee of a starting spot.

Comment

In this mock he does.
                      Get over it.
                      Post Negged

Comment

Post Negged
                        Real mature guy.
                        Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Working...
                        X