• Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=BaileyFan4ever;3664144]
    Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post

So assuming we take Fairley our Front 7 could look like this

Ayers---- Thomas ---- Fairley ---- Dumervile

--- Sturdivant --- Jones ----- Carter ------[/rs QUOTE]

I like parts of this.

First i think Jones is merely a younger less experienced unproven DJ Williams so to me it makes no sense trading talent for unproven potential talent.

Next I like Sturdivant as a MLB in a 4-3. With his intelligence he would be an ideal leader for our defense.

Last i think we need to let woodyard and haggan rotate at SLB. Woodyard can tackle and cover and haggan can blitz and stop the run. I'd like to see us give these guys a chance. And on top of that it would allow us to draft a much needed safety in the 2nd to 3rd rounds.

This is how my starters would look like:

Ayers---- Thomas / Bannan ---- Fairley ---- Dummervil / Draft Pick

--- Williams --- Sturdivant ----- Woodyard / Haggan ----
    I think Haggan is a serviceable strong side guy... not a big fan of him covering TE and RBs though. and i think he is mis cast inas a WLB

I am assumeing you put DJ as a strong side guy... Not a big fan of that either as i feel he is better in space. i tihnk he can do it just takes him away from what he does best.

And woodyard i feel is a back up. like his energy just dont think he can get it done.

Not a huge fan of the MLBs in this draft. there are a few but i think we should wait tell next year to take one of the good MLB that are possible pro bowlers in the makings.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Better yet, have Fox trade Orton for Jon Beason (26 year old beast MLB in the last year of his contract) from carolina. Move DJ back to weak side LB like he did in his rookie season where he was a beast, draft Fairley at #2 (assuming he falls) and a high profile 2nd round pick on a strong side LB. our Front seven could look like this!

Ayers----Fairley----Bannan---Dumervil

--36th pick-----Beason----Williams

That looks awfully sexy to me!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
        Better yet, have Fox trade Orton for Jon Beason (26 year old beast MLB in the last year of his contract) from carolina. Move DJ back to weak side LB like he did in his rookie season where he was a beast, draft Fairley at #2 (assuming he falls) and a high profile 2nd round pick on a strong side LB. our Front seven could look like this!

Ayers----Fairley----Bannan---Dumervil

--36th pick-----Beason----Williams

That looks awfully sexy to me!
        It would depend on the value that Carolina puts on Beason.

I think we could even spend the 38th pick elsewhere And go after Herlich as our SLB

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
          That was a real mature response.
          well i couldnt change your opinion and im fine that. However i do not beleive you have looked at each player on this team as closely i have

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            well i couldnt change your opinion and im fine that. However i do not beleive you have looked at each player on this team as closely i have
            Oh yeah? When you refuse to support your theroy with logical explination. It makes you look like a blind homer. I dont mean that as a insult. Habving said that what make syou think that WW is a starter at the WIL spot.

He lacks ideal size and doesnt have a strong point to his game that stnads out He up to this point in his career hsa been a situational role player. And a special teamer. He brings great energy but that just doesnt get the job done.,

And it seems all the cordinators that have been brought in seem to aggree.

Comment

Oh yeah? When you refuse to support your theroy with logical explination. It makes you look like a blind homer. I dont mean that as a insult. Habving said that what make syou think that WW is a starter at the WIL spot.

He lacks ideal size and doesnt have a strong point to his game that stnads out He up to this point in his career hsa been a situational role player. And a special teamer. He brings great energy but that just doesnt get the job done.,

And it seems all the cordinators that have been brought in seem to aggree.
              Yes he lacks size however size isnt everything which a lot of people confuse with talent around here. I have explained all offseason why wesley should be a starting OLB. Numerous times in everyones mocks and talk of linebackers.

His coverage skill is one strong point to his game. He has one bad game in the last few years in coverage and that was againts manning in 2009 season.

He is a sure tackler and has solid speed. He is good in space and brings a leadership and motivating quality that has been missing on our team for the last few seasons. He has good change of direction and plays physical in all aspects of the game. In coverage and against the run.

All coordinators use him as a coverage linebacker because they had williams at the ILB spot. That is why he didnt get a shot. And in his rookie year under shanahan when he stepped in he was a beast. He was always around the play and didnt look like a rookie at all. That was at the OLB in the 4-3. That is where he should get his job.

I hope this was enough to sound unlike a homer

Comment

It would depend on the value that Carolina puts on Beason.

I think we could even spend the 38th pick elsewhere And go after Herlich as our SLB
                I believe his value won't be extremely high seeing as how he is in the final year of his contract and would probably look elsewhere once he hits FA! So they wouldn't want to get screwed however they wouldn't expect to get his true value in trade.

IMO Orton - Beason = Fair trade for both teams needs!

Besides, Rivera will think he can coach up a LB to play better than he could Claussen. Allowing them to go with a Need other than stretching for Gabbert/Newton/Locker with #1
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  Yes he lacks size however size isnt everything which a lot of people confuse with talent around here. I have explained all offseason why wesley should be a starting OLB. Numerous times in everyones mocks and talk of linebackers.

His coverage skill is one strong point to his game. He has one bad game in the last few years in coverage and that was againts manning in 2009 season.

He is a sure tackler and has solid speed. He is good in space and brings a leadership and motivating quality that has been missing on our team for the last few seasons. He has good change of direction and plays physical in all aspects of the game. In coverage and against the run.

All coordinators use him as a coverage linebacker because they had williams at the ILB spot. That is why he didnt get a shot. And in his rookie year under shanahan when he stepped in he was a beast. He was always around the play and didnt look like a rookie at all. That was at the OLB in the 4-3. That is where he should get his job.

I hope this was enough to sound unlike a homer
                  If we move to the 4-3 again, there is no possible way that Woodyard breaks the line-up. We had this problem in 2008 as well, when Woodyard was playing lights out, and everyone wanted to move DJ around, but DJ is a high-caliber WILL backer, which is exactly where Woodyard would play.

Unless we trade DJ, Woodyard won't start on this team unless he bulks up for MLB or trims for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                    If we move to the 4-3 again, there is no possible way that Woodyard breaks the line-up. We had this problem in 2008 as well, when Woodyard was playing lights out, and everyone wanted to move DJ around, but DJ is a high-caliber WILL backer, which is exactly where Woodyard would play.

Unless we trade DJ, Woodyard won't start on this team unless he bulks up for MLB or trims for safety.
                    ok well we are going to have to aagree to disagree then. I like woodyard and think he is the man for the job and other dont and i can live with that.

Comment

Double post, but edited into a response!

ok well we are going to have to aagree to disagree then. I like woodyard and think he is the man for the job and other dont and i can live with that.
                      I loved the way he played, and I especially remember the Chiefs game in '08 when he LAID THE WOOD all game long. I don't think he's better than DJ, though, so I feel that the options are to have him bulk up about 10 lbs to play MIKE, or lose 10 lbs to play SS.

He's a natural play-maker and has a @*&#-ton of energy, and I want him on the field. But I don't want him there more than DJ.

Maybe we trade DJ due to his Off-the-field issues and free up Woodyard's spot.

EDIT: Double edit! I need to talk about this further. Considering we don't have a decent MLB lined up for the 4-3, Woodyard should probably start there anyway, if we switch back. There he can display his natural ability and fit himself back into this defense. And it could free up a draft spot for other pressing needs.

I thoroughly believe that Woodyard should be in this line-up.
                      Last edited by Ahrum; 01-24-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

you want to put Dumervil underweight and not known for his run strength and put woodyard behind him. Woodyard is a back up at best ... He really isnt great in space. and is extremely undersized i think that line up just SCREAMS run to the weak side.
                        agreed....
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X