Why not Marcell Dareus at #2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    way to many big name and expensive FA's. Maybe we could get kiwanuka and wesley woodyard should start. WW should be starting at OLB in the 4-3 in this league. We have him and we should give him a shot. And then put the unamed linebacker as williams in the middle and a draft pick at LOLB.

Wesley woodyard is most underrated player on the roster.
    Way too many big names? Resign Champ. We can assume that is a legit possibility, no? James Anderson follows Fox to DEN, ala Scott-Ryan to NY. Branch is not a big name free agent. Kiwanuka would be the toughest. But he wants to play more, might be risky b/c he's coming off an injury.... Long shot but still a possibility. Then, draft Fairley or Dareus. Not crazy, especially if we target DL as where we spend our free agenct money.

Comment

Great analysis. Have you watched him play ever. This is just a fairley love thing i am guna guess.
      I'm not totally in love with Fairley either, but he is better for sure. Dareus will be a good runstopper but like I said, he doesn't have enough closing speed to create sacks.
      sigpic
      Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
        I'm not totally in love with Fairley either, but he is better for sure. Dareus will be a good runstopper but like I said, he doesn't have enough closing speed to create sacks.
        Sacks are drive killers. Not the most important thing. Pressures are better for creating plays in the secondary and causing broken plays.

Comment

That's complete bs
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            That's complete bs
            Ok. We will see.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Ok. We will see.
              I say that because Dareus is the most athletic defensive tackle in the draft. For you to say he is too slow is just stupid.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                I say that because Dareus is the most athletic defensive tackle in the draft. For you to say he is too slow is just stupid.
                Ok. We will see.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Sacks are drive killers. Not the most important thing. Pressures are better for creating plays in the secondary and causing broken plays.
                  I disagree. Pressures are important, but I'll take a sack over a pressure any time. Sacks can result in fumbles, while pressures can still result in TD passes...Have you seen Peyton Manning play?

Plus, a QB fumble instead of an INT often means a 30 yard difference in field position, since a QB fumbles 7 yards behind the LOS and an INT can be almost as good as a punt at times.

BTW, what is more important than killing a drive?

Comment

Sorry bro, but that is total crap......Wait until the combine and I GUARANTEE you that Dareus runs better than Fairley.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                      Sorry bro, but that is total crap......Wait until the combine and I GUARANTEE you that Dareus runs better than Fairley.
                      Maybe. My point is that he will never create sacks for himself in the NFL from what I've seen of him. But we will see.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Maybe. My point is that he will never create sacks for himself in the NFL from what I've seen of him. But we will see.
                        To each his own.....I will not be dissapointed with either guy at #2. It will be interesting to see if we go DT at the 2 spot, what we do with the DEs assuming we go back to the 4-3. I'm hoping we can get a DE in the second, and then a MLB or S with the second second rd pick....
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't understand the obsession with sacks anyway. We don't look for a whole lot of sacks from a 3-4 DE. Haloti Ngata has 12 sacks in his 5 year career, and he's considered one of the best 3-4 DE in the league. You look for them to collapse the pocket so that the OLBs can get the sacks, to pressure the QB into making bad throws and to clog lanes and eat space so the HB can't escape the backfield.

I'm sorry, but Fairley won't have that many sacks as a 3-4 DE.

If we move to 4-3, sure, I won't argue Fairley being more dominant than Dareus, but that's solely because Dareus doesn't play in the 4-3.

Comment

Working...
                          X