Stephen Paea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Paea

Since I believe John Fox will keep the continuity with Mike Trgovac, and a 3-4 in Mile High, Stephen Paea is a must-have for NT of the future.

I think if we can get a 2nd for Orton, and trade down to the 7 or 9 with the 49ers or the Cowboys so they can get Peterson, we can use those 2 2nds to trade back into the 1st and get Paea, along with a 3-4 end like Marcel Dareus.

This gives us all of our picks we had previously, along with 2 guys that will help our d-line for the next 5-10 years

Paea will only be a nose in a Wade Phillips 3-4. He is not a Trgovac nose.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Is there a "Trgovac Nose" in this draft that you'd like with a 1st round rating? Or would we rather pick Allen Bailey or Cameron Heyward with that pick?

Comment

Originally posted by ElwayArmy7 View Post
        Is there a "Trgovac Nose" in this draft that you'd like with a 1st round rating? Or would we rather pick Allen Bailey or Cameron Heyward with that pick?
        There is no nose tackles worth a first or second in this draft.

Trgovac has worked with really big boys in his 3-4s and 4-3s. BJ Raji, Maake Kemouretu, Kris Jenkins, Johnny Jolly. All 330 plus.

Jerrell Powe and Phil Taylor are the only nose tackles worth drafting. They both fit the physical profile, but Powe has more potential.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post

Trgovac has worked with really big boys in his 3-4s and 4-3s. BJ Raji, Maake Kemouretu, Kris Jenkins, Johnny Jolly. All 330 plus.

Jerrell Powe and Phil Taylor are the only nose tackles worth drafting. They both fit the physical profile, but Powe has more potential.
          I dont beleive taylor is worth anything higher than a 5th roinder. I would love paea if we move to a 4-3. He is great one gap penetrator and creates havoc in the backfield.

Comment

Getting Trgovac doesn't mean we're going to stay in a 3-4. He coached the 4-3 in Carolina when he was with Fox, and did it successfully. It'll be great to have both options available though.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              I dont beleive taylor is worth anything higher than a 5th roinder. I would love paea if we move to a 4-3. He is great one gap penetrator and creates havoc in the backfield.
              I never said he was, just said he is one of two nose tackle prospect that should be drafted. I really don't like Taylor on film, he is just big not strong or fast.
              Denver Broncos GM

Comment

I never said he was, just said he is one of two nose tackle prospect that should be drafted. I really don't like Taylor on film, he is just big not strong or fast.
                Yeh i know you didnt. I was just sust stating that he is trash and massively overrated.

Comment

You want to trade Orton for a 2nd, then trade 2 2nds for a 1st and trade our 1st for a 5th and 7th? Maybe my math is off but it seems we would loose a pick this way, why not just trade Orton fro a 2nd and 5th and leave the rest alone K?
                  sigpic
                  I Adopt #77 well damn!
                  Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                  Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                    You want to trade Orton for a 2nd, then trade 2 2nds for a 1st and trade our 1st for a 5th and 7th? Maybe my math is off but it seems we would loose a pick this way, why not just trade Orton fro a 2nd and 5th and leave the rest alone K?
                    are you talking aboiut me

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      are you talking aboiut me
                      No, sorry, the first guy ElwayArmy7. It sounds like a McD trade to me.
                      sigpic
                      I Adopt #77 well damn!
                      Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                      Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                        No, sorry, the first guy ElwayArmy7. It sounds like a McD trade to me.
                        No I said i'd trade down from the #2 to the #7 or #9 in the first round, along with their 2nd and a player.

Then trade Orton for a 2nd

Then use those 2 2nd's to trade back into the 1st

Comment

IMO, that's the problem with sticking with the 3-4, because so many teams are now playing it and there are so few good prospects for NT, which is a position of need for several if not most of them, you're going to end up drafting these players way too high. They may be 3rd round prospects but Denver will have to seriously consider using one of their seconds to get one of them.

Comment

I am hopeing Fox and the DC look

at the personel available and what formations (43-34) to use as the Broncos primarty defense! What is available to them in FA and the draft will determine that!

Comment

Originally posted by ElwayArmy7 View Post
                              No I said i'd trade down from the #2 to the #7 or #9 in the first round, along with their 2nd and a player.

Then trade Orton for a 2nd

Then use those 2 2nd's to trade back into the 1st
                              Who's on first?
                              sigpic
                              I Adopt #77 well damn!
                              Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                              Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Working...
                              X