Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Very impressed with Paea. At 295 he's probably one of the lightest DTs, but at 6'1" that's still big beef; and I'm sure an NFL-level workout/diet regimen could add some weight and not affect his speed too much.

And speaking of speed.... He moves like a linebacker out there, and he appears to be as strong as an ox.

He does suffer from the Nate Webster "Ooops, I lost my helmet" syndrome, but would gladly overlook that and welcome him on the team. Wherever he goes I think he's going to make some team's fans VERY happy.

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Yeah Rod, he's a good kid. My wife's cousin was the EQ manager for the Beavers last year and is still fairly close to the program. He says Paea is a great guy and a hard worker.

He also claims that Paea will rock the combine. He'll likely run a low 4.8 and also break the BP record. He probably will go in the top 20.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I was watching videos of Stephen Paea two days ago and sometimes he has an impressive first step for a guy who is 6'1, 310. Very strong player, he can definetely push the OL. Really disruptive after the snap. His gap control and awareness are not that great, he looks raw, but that's something that goes for many college DTs. He seems to be a good kid that works hard, and NFL coaches will get someone with a lot of upside. 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE or NT, I think he can do it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ftcdl-VRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_zxdQ75Lw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPi34hC6UU

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    Originally posted by ElwayArmy7 View Post
    No I said i'd trade down from the #2 to the #7 or #9 in the first round, along with their 2nd and a player.

Then trade Orton for a 2nd

Then use those 2 2nd's to trade back into the 1st
    Who's on first?

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    I am hopeing Fox and the DC look

at the personel available and what formations (43-34) to use as the Broncos primarty defense! What is available to them in FA and the draft will determine that!

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    There is no nose tackles worth a first or second in this draft.

Trgovac has worked with really big boys in his 3-4s and 4-3s. BJ Raji, Maake Kemouretu, Kris Jenkins, Johnny Jolly. All 330 plus.

Jerrell Powe and Phil Taylor are the only nose tackles worth drafting. They both fit the physical profile, but Powe has more potential.
    IMO, that's the problem with sticking with the 3-4, because so many teams are now playing it and there are so few good prospects for NT, which is a position of need for several if not most of them, you're going to end up drafting these players way too high. They may be 3rd round prospects but Denver will have to seriously consider using one of their seconds to get one of them.

Leave a comment:

• ElwayArmy7
    replied
    Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
    No, sorry, the first guy ElwayArmy7. It sounds like a McD trade to me.
    No I said i'd trade down from the #2 to the #7 or #9 in the first round, along with their 2nd and a player.

Then trade Orton for a 2nd

Then use those 2 2nd's to trade back into the 1st

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    are you talking aboiut me
    No, sorry, the first guy ElwayArmy7. It sounds like a McD trade to me.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
    You want to trade Orton for a 2nd, then trade 2 2nds for a 1st and trade our 1st for a 5th and 7th? Maybe my math is off but it seems we would loose a pick this way, why not just trade Orton fro a 2nd and 5th and leave the rest alone K?
    are you talking aboiut me

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    You want to trade Orton for a 2nd, then trade 2 2nds for a 1st and trade our 1st for a 5th and 7th? Maybe my math is off but it seems we would loose a pick this way, why not just trade Orton fro a 2nd and 5th and leave the rest alone K?

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    I never said he was, just said he is one of two nose tackle prospect that should be drafted. I really don't like Taylor on film, he is just big not strong or fast.
    Yeh i know you didnt. I was just sust stating that he is trash and massively overrated.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I dont beleive taylor is worth anything higher than a 5th roinder. I would love paea if we move to a 4-3. He is great one gap penetrator and creates havoc in the backfield.
    I never said he was, just said he is one of two nose tackle prospect that should be drafted. I really don't like Taylor on film, he is just big not strong or fast.

Leave a comment:

• coloradomedic
    replied
    Getting Trgovac doesn't mean we're going to stay in a 3-4. He coached the 4-3 in Carolina when he was with Fox, and did it successfully. It'll be great to have both options available though.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied

Trgovac has worked with really big boys in his 3-4s and 4-3s. BJ Raji, Maake Kemouretu, Kris Jenkins, Johnny Jolly. All 330 plus.

Jerrell Powe and Phil Taylor are the only nose tackles worth drafting. They both fit the physical profile, but Powe has more potential.
    I dont beleive taylor is worth anything higher than a 5th roinder. I would love paea if we move to a 4-3. He is great one gap penetrator and creates havoc in the backfield.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by ElwayArmy7 View Post
    Is there a "Trgovac Nose" in this draft that you'd like with a 1st round rating? Or would we rather pick Allen Bailey or Cameron Heyward with that pick?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X