Possible trade down. My speculation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible trade down. My speculation.

I am open to alot of differant options moving forward.

With Buffalo possibly Cincy, Arionza and a few others looking possibly at QB i think Denver is in prime position for a optional trade with teams looking to leap frog any of the above mentioned teams. As long as we add picks either this year or next. We all know DLine is a must so i think staying in the top ten we can still fill that need.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Why would buffalo trade with Denver? Please explain that further. Because last I checked, they pick right after us and they know we have no intention of taking a QB.. I'm sorry. We're not trading the pick. It's pointless to discuss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
      Why would buffalo trade with Denver? Please explain that further. Because last I checked, they pick right after us and they know we have no intention of taking a QB.. I'm sorry. We're not trading the pick. It's pointless to discuss it.
      Its not a forgone conclusion that Buffalo will not take a QB.
      '
      If you dont like the speculation of a trade down why would you respond. Im sorry but with the possiblity of a rookie wage scale, it could infact let teams evaluate tradeing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
        Can I borrow your magical ball? I'd like to put some money on the Super Bowl.....

Comment

It's an interesting idea, but it all depends on how well the elite QB prospects do in the pre-draft work-outs and interviews.
          RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
          :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
            It's an interesting idea, but it all depends on how well the elite QB prospects do in the pre-draft work-outs and interviews.
            Definetly with Locker having hs draft stock take a plunge. ANd with the rumors out there about Mallet, it defeinetly limit the possablity

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
              Its not a forgone conclusion that Buffalo will not take a QB.
              '
              If you dont like the speculation of a trade down why would you respond. Im sorry but with the possiblity of a rookie wage scale, it could infact let teams evaluate tradeing up.
              thats a mature posts. Im just playing

Comment

I don't think we have much to work with for teams that are looking for a QB-- this QB class is not that strong so i doubt teams will be trading up that much to get a sub par prospect-- However say Carolina does take fairley and we pass on Bowers then i think we can trade with someone wanting a Dline or AJ green then we would be able to get someone like JJ watt and a couple picks most likely

Comment

After the Combines

some team down the list (#12 or#14 etc might want to trade up and take the QB from Missouri or Cam Newton or even Peterson or even Fairley (if Carolina passes on him). We just don't know right now who feels like they are one player away from the Super Bowl or even playoffs??? Might even be able to trade down the #36 pick and pick up a extra 4th rounder for moving down a few picks in the 2nd round???:thumb: Lots of possibilities?

Comment

People like to have all these wild trade down situations.... the problem is that you need a partner.... And without a top tier QB in this class there is no one that is going to want to move up. I think that everyone is going to be disappointed when the #2 pick come up and no one wants it. Without the star power at the top, our pick just cant get the value
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                      some team down the list (#12 or#14 etc might want to trade up and take the QB from Missouri or Cam Newton or even Peterson or even Fairley (if Carolina passes on him). We just don't know right now who feels like they are one player away from the Super Bowl or even playoffs??? Might even be able to trade down the #36 pick and pick up a extra 4th rounder for moving down a few picks in the 2nd round???:thumb: Lots of possibilities?
                      No one is going to trade up that far for a QB.... Cause if a QB dominates in the workouts Carolina will snatch him up. The only way anyone has interest in our pick is if 2 do. but in all fairness what 2 QB's even have close to the talent to be picked that high
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Qb is the usual one traded up bait, BUT,

some team might feel like the reason they didn't get to the Super Bowl was because their defensive line was the week link, or their DB's was the weak link and if they could get Fairley or Peterson they would vastly improve their chances of moving up? Maybe Chicago feels like Green will go to Buffalo and Cutler needs a WR badly and trade up to beat Buffalo to him???
                        Not saying it will happen but we know not what evil lerks in the minds of a GM? Look what New Orleans traded to get Williams here while back or what Minn traded for Walker from Dallas years ago!
                        Like I said before, someone might want to have Denver trade down one of their 2nd round picks to get a particular player??? Anything is possible in the NFL draft!

Comment

Andy Dalton could very well be the first QB taken. I think its possible a few teams in the top ten might want to pick ahead of Buffalo.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I can remember Cutler

going to the combines and coming out looking like a world beater! I really look for Cam Newton to come out of the combines very popular along with Gabbert and possibly Dalton. Someone will probably run a 4.2 40 and become a "hot prospect. It happens every year that one or two standouts blow GM's and personel people away!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Andy Dalton could very well be the first QB taken. I think its possible a few teams in the top ten might want to pick ahead of Buffalo.
                              Who is this? I've never heard of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X