Defensive Ends in the draft......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Ends in the draft......

Anybody like this guy if he goes later on in the rounds?

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rank...n-bailey.shtml
    sigpic

Originally posted by bucksnbroncs View Post
    Anybody like this guy if he goes later on in the rounds?

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rank...n-bailey.shtml
    I like him, but Im not sure he makes it past the 4th.
    sigpic

Comment

He won't make it past the second. I have my doubts he will even make it in the second. His stock should start blowing up in the upcoming months.
      He was an early 2nd round pick with a decent season. Now is really his strong point. Measurements. Combines.

Do I like him? Yes, he is going to be a stud in this league if he is coached properly. He is very raw, but that being said he is very strong and very quick as well. He really needs a lot of help in terms of pass rushing moves, but if he gets that down he is going to be very very good.

Comment

Allen Bailey is a round 2 prospect, but as the poster above me said, his stock is going to rise soon. His versatility is outstanding, and it's going to definitely intrigue some of the more defensive-minded teams who think they can coach him to his potential.

Comment

with the hiring of the new DC it seems almost a certainty they will be moving back to a 4-3. With that in mind I believe a DE will be taken in the first 2 rounds. Bowers and Quinn have been talked about a lot here so I won't mention them. The guys I think we might sign are based on not taking Bowers at #2 but I think at this point if Fairley goes #1 Bowers will be taken.

Fox seems to like bigger DEs around 275-280. I like Ryan Kerrigan quite a bit but with him coming in at 255 I don't see him being signed. I think Cameron Jordan is a good option. He has played in a 3-4 but has the skills to be successful, imo. Right now he is my top pick for DE with Allen Bailey and Adrian Clayborn close seconds.

I think a 1-2 punch of Fairley/Jordan or Bowers/Liuget or Paea or Taylor would be just sweet.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Allen Bailey is pretty much a bigger JPP in my mind.

I like Adrian but there are a lot of questions around him right now.
            I wouldn't mind a guy like Jabal Sheards coming.
            Other guys like Greg Romeus are out there if you want to take a shot.

Comment

He go before 4th round I believe his draft stock has been rising and will continue until the draft I bet..
              sigpic

Comment

idk too much about bailey but i heard he was really more of a 3-4 DE. Can he play in the 4-3 well?

Comment

I like bailey but my dream DEs would b bowers/mcphee or fairley/mcphee. Bower/mcphee are athletic freaks I like the faster DEs cuz they can close in on a qb quick and in the nfl qbs really get the ball out quick I think if we get both of them we need to trade Doom or move him to LB

Comment

I know fairleys only a DE in a 3-4 btw

Comment

trade into the late 1st round n get Clayborn!

Comment

Originally posted by UcantCme! View Post
                        trade into the late 1st round n get Clayborn!
                        Clayborn/mcphee would b awesome and we could probably pick up 2 2nds a 3rd and a 5th doin it I'm all for it clayborn is also a faster DE that can get to the qb quick

Comment

Ya Bailey will most likely replace Heyward in the fringe 1st round top 2nd round in the draft now.

Comment

Idk why a lot of you guys are so sold on drafting TWO defensive ends early in the draft. IMO, I think that's s huge waste of a draft pick since we still have Dumervil. Yes, Dumervil struggles against the run in a 4-3 base but he's still excellent pass rusher. Unless we trade him (which is VERY unlikely) there is no need to lock up two more big contracts on pass fuehrer when were already paying Doom a lot. Plus, were still not totally sure that were going back to a 4-3 and no way do we pay Doom to be and OLB in a 4-3 scheme in which he has never played.

One of those top 2 picks will have to be a DT.

Comment

Originally posted by matty21 View Post
                              Idk why a lot of you guys are so sold on drafting TWO defensive ends early in the draft. IMO, I think that's s huge waste of a draft pick since we still have Dumervil. Yes, Dumervil struggles against the run in a 4-3 base but he's still excellent pass rusher. Unless we trade him (which is VERY unlikely) there is no need to lock up two more big contracts on pass fuehrer when were already paying Doom a lot. Plus, were still not totally sure that were going back to a 4-3 and no way do we pay Doom to be and OLB in a 4-3 scheme in which he has never played.

One of those top 2 picks will have to be a DT.
                              Yeah but we had the worst pass rush in the league this year with the fewest sacks of any team in the league. I don't think that just having Doom healthy will automatically make us an average pass rush, and even then I have worries about if he'll still be a beast coming off his injury. We can't rely so much on Doom coming back and magically transforming our pass rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X