X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    Gabbert was still #2 on everyone's board.,, and if Cam Newton can go top 10 this year (which he will), then Gabbert would of gone top 10 in a class with Luck. Your logic is flawed, Luck made his decision in January. Are you aware of how much things change from January to April, EVERY YEAR? Gabbert was McShay's #1 QB the instant Luck decided to return to Stanford. He's done nothing but improve his stock since. Great wonderlic, ran a great 40, had a very good pro day. Mike Mayock said he was further along then Matt Ryan was, and compared it to Sam
    Bradford's. I don't understand how you can claim you liked Freeman a ton, but then hate all over Gabbert. Explain this.
    I think you have misunderstood me a little. I dont hate gabbert. I just think he deserves his hype. Its just my opinion. I liked freeman as an all around player and wouldnt not have minded if we picked him over mereno/ayers. However gabbert just seems so un ready to make a transition to the NFL. He has flashes of brilliance like jay cutler did but isnt consistant enough. I would take mallet over him. I bet if Mallet didnt have character issues he would be rated number QB in the class.

And yes im a lot aware of what changes from april. A hell of a lot. And that is one of the things i dislike about the process. A player who gains ground like Gabbert when the season is done because of measurables and all other stuff scares me. Where a player should be graded is the football field. Thats a huge reason why I dislike the NFL combine and media scouts.

Also you dont know really know if gabbert was laways rated as number 2 on teams boards. I would say that during the season locker and mallet and newton were rated behind luck and ahead of gabbert.

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Yeh i know luck goes number 1 no question but before when there was speculation he would leave school there was no talk really of newton or gabbert in the top 10. At all
    Gabbert was still #2 on everyone's board.,, and if Cam Newton can go top 10 this year (which he will), then Gabbert would of gone top 10 in a class with Luck. Your logic is flawed, Luck made his decision in January. Are you aware of how much things change from January to April, EVERY YEAR? Gabbert was McShay's #1 QB the instant Luck decided to return to Stanford. He's done nothing but improve his stock since. Great wonderlic, ran a great 40, had a very good pro day. Mike Mayock said he was further along then Matt Ryan was, and compared it to Sam
    Bradford's. I don't understand how you can claim you liked Freeman a ton, but then hate all over Gabbert. Explain this.

Leave a comment:

• bigtimebronco
    replied
    I too am not sold on Gabbert, I havent seen enough from him to warrant a top 10 pick for the kid. Quite frankly if I were to pick any quarterback from this class it would be Christian Ponder, great mechanics, great intelligence, very accurate,very athletic, doesnt have a boomer for an arm, but it's strong enough to make all the throws he'll need to make.

As for Tim, no he's not 100% there yet, as any other 2nd year qb with 3 starts under his belt, watching the games he did start his decision making, accuracy and especially arm strength is actually far better than people realize. But his footwork at times was nearly abysmal, and if your feet aren't right, you're accuracy will suffer, which is why alot of his passes were so erratic, however, footwork is fixable, look what happened to michael vick this year when he learned proper footwork in the pocket. It's something that Tim needs to work on, but with that work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up to TC with damn near perfect footwork, which will show when he throws the ball accurately on a consistant basis. His flaws are blown WAY out of proportion. Let's be honest, his throwing motion wasn't even a problem this season.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    And no one is comparing him to Matt Ryan. I was bringing up QB's with less then stellar college stats who have been successful.
    I just dont think gabbert is deserving of the top 5 hype espoecially the number 1 overall hype. Just mu opinion

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    What? If Luck comes out he goes #1 no question, then you have Denver, Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Washington.... 7 teams in the top 10 are looking QB. He would still go in the top 10, there's no question. Probably top 5 still. He just wouldn't be in the running for "best in the class" like he is now.
    Yeh i know luck goes number 1 no question but before when there was speculation he would leave school there was no talk really of newton or gabbert in the top 10. At all

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    And no one is comparing him to Matt Ryan. I was bringing up QB's with less then stellar college stats who have been successful.

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    True. I dont think Gabbert should be compared to ryan coming out. I beleive if Luck comes out this year then gabbert isnt talked about in the top 10. Just my opinion. I dont like him all that much but i cant say i have watched him that much. I would probaly take newton and mallet over him.
    What? If Luck comes out he goes #1 no question, then you have Denver, Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Washington.... 7 teams in the top 10 are looking QB. He would still go in the top 10, there's no question. Probably top 5 still. He just wouldn't be in the running for "best in the class" like he is now.

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Originally posted by Lukic View Post
    Both from difficult pro systems.
    However you want to spin it, the stats aren't great. Under 3000..... Under 60%. They were both clearly better then the stats showed.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lukic View Post
    True. I dont think Gabbert should be compared to ryan coming out. I beleive if Luck comes out this year then gabbert isnt talked about in the top 10. Just my opinion. I dont like him all that much but i cant say i have watched him that much. I would probaly take newton and mallet over him.

Leave a comment:

• Lukic
    replied
    That's not exactly true,

Aaron Rodgers never threw for over 3000 yards at Cal.

Matt Ryan's completion percentage wasn't above 60%.

Gabbert's above both of them in both stats.

Both have turned out pretty good. Granted Ryan threw for something like 4200 yards, but nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Sanchez is a bottom 5 starting QB. He is atrocious. The Jets win despite of him.
    I b eleive that if the jets put orton in at QB they are superbowl ready

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Sanchez is a bottom 5 starting QB. He is atrocious. The Jets win despite of him.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Well i loved freeman and stafford but didnt really like sanchaz. Sure sanchez has been solid but i dont see him being anymore than that. Freeman i beleive will be special as will stafford

Leave a comment:

• Project KSL
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    Yeah, but Rodgers had questions at least. And honestly I thought Ryan was good (and clutch was his rep in college), but everybody I know questions his accuracy. We were surprised they rated him so high. It wasn't just completion percentage, he was known to throw inaccurately in the sense of being off-target.
    Yea no doubt. Everyone has their own opinions on players. I was super high on Stafford, hated Sanchez, and hated Freeman.

I was 1 for 3 there, possibly 0-3, if Stafford can't stay healthy.

Freeman's a guy that's kinda like Gabbert. He was over 3000 yards and over 60% his sophmore year ( like Gabbert this year) but his TD/INT ratio was something like 18/11. Then his junior year was under 60% and under 3000 yards. But he just had the tools to play QB and everyone knew it, got drafted in the first. And right now, is by far the best QB from that class. Gabbert has EVERYTHING you want in a QB. He just has to put it together.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    One of the reaqsons i didnt like cutler originally was because of production and i can see gabbert being like cutler in the NFL. A guy who turns the ball over the lot but has flashes where he is good.
    That was one of the comparisons that came to my mind as well, only minus the prima dona attitude. However, I think he will be way more open to learning than cutler was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X