Mayock On Podcast - Mentions Denver's Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayock On Podcast - Mentions Denver's Plans

Mayock said that Dareus is #1 on his big board and that Carolina will get one of the QB's.

He said Denver will try as hard as they can to make it look like they may go QB so one of the QB needy teams panics with only one QB left and trades with us.

Mayock thinks a team could move upo just a couple of spots and give us 2-3 good picks in return.

If thinks if we don't move then Dareus is a lock

The idea sounds good to me...will have to listen to podcast.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Not to be a downer on Mayock, but many posters have been saying the exact same things
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        http://richeisen.nfl.com/?module=HP_spotlight

Mayock said that Dareus is #1 on his big board and that Carolina will get one of the QB's.

He said Denver will try as hard as they can to make it look like they may go QB so one of the QB needy teams panics with only one QB left and trades with us.

Mayock thinks a team could move upo just a couple of spots and give us 2-3 good picks in return.

If thinks if we don't move then Dareus is a lock

Do you know at what minute mark he talks about it so I don't have to listen to the whole podcast?
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Do you know at what minute mark he talks about it so I don't have to listen to the whole podcast?
          Around the 20:40 mark I think

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            Around the 20:40 mark I think
            Thanks!............

That was a good Q and A. Some people think it doesn't make sense for Denver to be playing a QB with all of the QB workouts, but Mayock begs to differ.
            Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-25-2011, 01:59 PM.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Man did you guys hear when they talked about Aj Greens pro day? And how all the scouts had to turn around and all leave. crazy. This lockout really does suck.

But iam fully on for doing this. We need draft picks and this seems like a no brainer if we can get something done. My guess would have to be arizona. I can defiantly see them jumping ahead of the bills and grabbing newton. 3 picks in the 2nd round would be ideal. Could address many needs with those picks.
              Last edited by jake15guy; 03-25-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I don't know what team would be stupid enough to believe that the Denver Broncos would use the second pick in the draft on a quarterback. We have three on the roster and two of those are first round picks themselves. A team hoping to draft a quarterback high would trade with a team drafting lower than the Broncos because the price would be lower.

Comment

If we draft a QB I will stop watching this team, I kid you not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                    Didn't really want us to draft a QB, but I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by thominator View Post
                      I don't know what team would be stupid enough to believe that the Denver Broncos would use the second pick in the draft on a quarterback. We have three on the roster and two of those are first round picks themselves. A team hoping to draft a quarterback high would trade with a team drafting lower than the Broncos because the price would be lower.
                      The trade will happen because I think a belief is starting to get out that Buffalo is going to take the quarterback Carolina doesn't.
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

If the Broncos needed a quarterback, then that would be one thing. But the Broncos have a starter and two former first rounders on the roster. There's not room for four. There's no need for four. You don't give up on Tebow and you haven't given Quinn a chance at all. And some could make an argument for any quarterback on the current roster being better than any 2011 quarterback. Compound this with the fact that Denver's greatest need being on defense. And compound that with the fact that there's probably not one quarterback in the 2011 draft that rates higher than someone else with the second pick.

A team would be silly thinking that Denver was really and truly interested in a quarterback with the second pick.

Pure fantasy that there's some team out there terrified that the Broncos go with a quarterback and decide to give up the farm to trade with them to make sure that doesn't happen.

Comment

Its been said before and I'll say it again-- I don't take his word for it. He's payed to entertain, not get things right.

Comment

In the event that happens, ...

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                            ... shall we call you Raider_Rob or Charger_Rob?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

John Elway ...

... is VP in charge of football operations and is over John Fox and Brian Xanders.

He goes to the Combine, Pro Days, etc.

He is naturally interested in QBs. How perfect!

Let the trade down offers begin.

How many times could the Broncos trade down from #2 and still be in the first round?
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X