Interactive Mock Draft is Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Mock Draft is Complete

Hi guys, if you remember from about a month ago some of you voted for who the Broncos should take in the Interactive Mock Draft. Well the first round is now complete.

You can check out a little summary of the results here:

Interactive Mock Draft

Click on the results tab to see who each team took and how the first round played out.

Also, I'm going to be running a new Interactive Mock starting Sunday, so feel free to bookmark the page and get ready to vote again if you are interested.

This was very well organized good read and thanks for the effort and posting.

Comment

I dont think you gave us enough props.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Ryan Mallet and Christian Ponder both in the 1st round? Wow, that's suprising. I doubt that'll happen in real life. Cool mock draft though.

Comment

Ponder to the Jags at 16?

Comment

New Bronco Mock

With us getting pick #246 I figured it's the perfect time to make another mock Let me know what you think!

2. Denver Broncos Select: Marcell Dareus, DT Alabama

I know that this pick has become the standard in a lot of mocks, and as much as I would like to mock somebody else here nobody makes as much sense as Dareus.

36. Corey Liuget DT, Illinois or Stephen Paea, DT Oregon State

I'm fairly certain that one of these two will be here when we pick at 36, so whichever one is here that is who we pick up. Either way we get another DT to rejuvenate our busted line.

46. Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame

In my last mock I had us taking Joseph Barksdale with this pick, but with this one I went Kyle Rudolph. TE isn't a heavy need in this draft, so it's possible that he slips to us at 46. If he does he's probably the BPA, and he's the type of athletic Tight End that we could use to give Tebow/Orton/Quinn some more weapons to throw to.

67. Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida

Even though I don't have us taking an OT with #46, it's not a position we can overlook. With Ryan Harris all but gone, I believe that getting some kind of OT here is necessary for us.

184. Ahmad Black, S Florida or Jeron Johnson, SS Boise State

Whichever one of these two Safety prospects falls to us, that's who we'll draft here. Either Black or Johnson can sit and learn behind Dawkins, and when Dawkins retires they can step in and fill the hole that B-Dawk would leave.

246. Nic Grigsby, RB Arizona

John Fox likes multiple RBs in his Offensive systems, and we desperately need some help if Moreno goes down again. Getting a guy like Grigsby here would be a great pick, provide us depth, and we can hope that he develops into a great back for us

Comment

Joseph Barksdale should be there in the 3rd, I want him over Gilbert
              Denver Broncos GM
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

You know we have another 7th rounder now right. I haven't figured out who I'd draft for that slot and there is no point in debating over a 7th round pick, as the chances of hitting are slim. I was just wondering if you knew, seems a new mock and our new draft includes another 7th round pick.
                I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Mock

Resign Ryan Harris!!

Trade down to #4 with Cincy. We get their first rounder, their second rounder, fourth rounder and third rounder next year. We give up the number two and a late round pick for next year.

Trade orton for a third rounder

Draft
                  #1 Marcel Dareus
                  #2 Blaine Gabbert
                  #3 Cam Newton
                  #4 Patrick Peterson DB

2nd Round- Stephen Paea DT(IF Liuget falls here, which he has in some mocks, then we snatch him up.)

2nd Round- Quinton Carter S

2nd Round-Marvin Austin DT

3rd Round- Quan Sturdivant MLB

3rd Round- Daniel Thomas RB

4th Round- Pernell McPhee DE

6th Round- Julius Thomas TE

7th Round- Henry Hynosky FB

Comment

No to Patrick Peterson unless we sign DT like Barry Cofield.
                    Denver Broncos GM

Comment

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Comment

would love that draft. The only thing I'd change would be to take DE Greg Romeus instead of McPhee in the 4th.

I'm pretty sure we now have two 7th rounders since we got a compensatory pick
                        Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 03-26-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I like darius and luiget hopwever id doubt luiget falls that far.

Rudolph would be a silly pick IMO. Receiving TEs can be found later. Aaron hernandez is an example. I would add a safety right there.

I dont like marcus gilbert. At that pick i would take barksdale, franklin, pinkston, love over him.

Comment

Originally posted by WhereIsALWILSON View Post
                            Resign Ryan Harris!!

Trade down to #4 with Cincy. We get their first rounder, their second rounder, fourth rounder and third rounder next year. We give up the number two and a late round pick for next year.

I dont care to much for the trade value chart. To move up two spots why would Cincinnatti make the trade. They are just like us. They need there picks to rebuild. We are not the only team in the NFL and the draft does not revolve around us.

Trade orton for a third rounder

Draft
                            #1 Marcel Dareus
                            #2 Blaine Gabbert
                            #3 Cam Newton
                            #4 Patrick Peterson DB No thankyou. We could take Nick Fairley according to your top 3 picks. I would stay there and take him

2nd Round- Stephen Paea DT(IF Liuget falls here, which he has in some mocks, then we snatch him up.)

It is also doubtful Paea makes it to this pick however I would love him here. Even if we took a DT in the first round.

2nd Round- Quinton Carter S

Best safety in the class. I love him. He is a flat out beast in the run game and a hell of a coverage guy. He would drastically improve our inability to cover TE's.

2nd Round-Marvin Austin DT

I like the pick because it is another DT. I would take jurrell casey over him. I would go DT again even if we had gotten two prior.

3rd Round- Quan Sturdivant MLB

I like sturdivant. I beleive he is the best pure MIKE linebacker in the draft. He attacks the line of scrimage like crazy and can cover preety well also. I like this pick. If he isnt here though I would add Kelvin Sheppard.

3rd Round- Daniel Thomas RB

Offensive tackle is a must right here. Even if harris resigns. We have no depth and if him or clady go down i dont want practise squad guys like batiste playing OT. I would draft either Barksdale-Pinkston-Love-Franklin.

4th Round- Pernell McPhee DE

I like the idea of a DE right here but I would rather Greg Romeus as someone else said. Or Chris Carter. He is a pure pass rusher like elvis dumervil. Great speed and burst off the edge

6th Round- Julius Thomas TE

Havnt seen him play but sounds like an interesting prospect.

7th Round- Henry Hynosky FB
                            Solid FB we need to start immediatly to push larsen back to his natural position of MLB.

Overall I like it except for that trade. I would maybe say they give us there first, there second, there 4th but not another 3rd next year.
                            Last edited by johnlimburg; 03-26-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

To the OP this is one of the better mocks I have seen. If we stay at 2 which I am not sure we will I want Dareus or Fairley and I like how you went heavy at DT with Paea and Austin. Just a really good overall mock

Comment

Working...
                              X