No announcement yet.

Interactive Mock Draft is Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Carter is more of a weak-side OLB in the 4-3, and we already have two of those (DJ Williams and Woodyard). We need a SAM or a Mike LB. I'd much rather get Martez Wilson in the 2nd or Mason Foster in the 3rd, because I think they fit more of the strong-side LB type that we need.

Also, not a fan of Jacquizz Rodgers in the 3rd. Maybe in the 6th, but not the 3rd.

I think Dareus and Paea would both play the NT position in the 4-3, which is a problem sicne we don't have a viable UT either. I believe that Dareus would be better partnered with someone like Corey Liuget (maybe falls to 2nd), Marvin Austin (2nd), or even Drake Nevis (3rd). That's just my own opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
      I am not a fan of dareus at all I'd much rather have fairley. No way carter is as good as wilson and carter will likely b a third rounder. Quizz??? U have to be joking. He is terrible! I guarentee he's on the board when the 5th round is over. U could get jordan todman with that pick who imo and kipers is the 2nd best back in draft and u want quizz? An undersized 4.64 runnin bum
      From Roto - Oregon State RB Jacquizz Rodgers ran a 4.47 forty at the Beavers' Pro Day on Friday.

CBS Sports had Rodgers at 4.74 at the Combine, so this is a big improvement, even if it came on a faster track. A re-measure at Friday's Pro Day also showed that Rodgers is 5-foot-7, rather than the 5-foot-5 7/8" he measured in Indy. He's still got a chance to go in round three.

From CBS - Representatives from an estimated 25 NFL teams saw Oregon State junior running back Jacquizz Rodgers slice his time in the 40-yard dash from an electronically timed 4.74 at the Combine to 4.47, according to the university's offical website. The vastly improved time in the 40-yard dash should help ease concerns about Rodgers' speed.

While scouts knew the dimunitive (5-6, 196 pound) Rodgers was not a traditional speed back, teams would be hesistant to draft a short back lacking enough burst to run away from most defensive linemen. Like with Alabama's Mark Ingram, savvy scouts knew not to be too worried about Rodgers' timed speed, however.

Despite his Combine times, Rodgers' balance, vision and surprising power helped him generate All Pac-10 after each of his three seasons for the Beavers. His lateral agility and quick acceleration make him more elusive than his marginal speed might indicate. Rodgers didn't just boost his stock with his speed. He also measured in taller today at Oregon State's Pro Day.

Bronx - I would probably want him in round 4 but we have no 4th unless trading down.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
        I think Carter is more of a weak-side OLB in the 4-3, and we already have two of those (DJ Williams and Woodyard). We need a SAM or a Mike LB. I'd much rather get Martez Wilson in the 2nd or Mason Foster in the 3rd, because I think they fit more of the strong-side LB type that we need.

Also, not a fan of Jacquizz Rodgers in the 3rd. Maybe in the 6th, but not the 3rd.

I think Dareus and Paea would both play the NT position in the 4-3, which is a problem sicne we don't have a viable UT either. I believe that Dareus would be better partnered with someone like Corey Liuget (maybe falls to 2nd), Marvin Austin (2nd), or even Drake Nevis (3rd). That's just my own opinion though.
        Good point with Carter but I think DJ plays in the middle until we find a proper MLB and I can't see Wilson being that man, although some say he could play MLB in a 4-3, I just don't see it.

I like Woodyard but Carter can be a beast and a steal.

Rodgers will go before 5th, I want him in 4th but unless we trade down we have no 4th and I think he will be a very good player, sometimes you have to reach in a player you believe in.

Fair point with DT's but I want to stockpile talent, Fox can worry about where to play them. I think Dareus can be lined up anywhere on a 4-3 interior or a 3-4 scheme. Dareus's pass rushing skills are better than many believe.

Dareus and Paea would hold the middle down and your pass rush would be from - Doom, Ayers and Carter.

Liuget looks more and more like a round one pick, Austin is an under-achiever and Drake Nevis is ok in the 3rd but I want the 'better' talent.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          From Roto - Oregon State RB Jacquizz Rodgers ran a 4.47 forty at the Beavers' Pro Day on Friday.

CBS Sports had Rodgers at 4.74 at the Combine, so this is a big improvement, even if it came on a faster track. A re-measure at Friday's Pro Day also showed that Rodgers is 5-foot-7, rather than the 5-foot-5 7/8" he measured in Indy. He's still got a chance to go in round three.

From CBS - Representatives from an estimated 25 NFL teams saw Oregon State junior running back Jacquizz Rodgers slice his time in the 40-yard dash from an electronically timed 4.74 at the Combine to 4.47, according to the university's offical website. The vastly improved time in the 40-yard dash should help ease concerns about Rodgers' speed.

While scouts knew the dimunitive (5-6, 196 pound) Rodgers was not a traditional speed back, teams would be hesistant to draft a short back lacking enough burst to run away from most defensive linemen. Like with Alabama's Mark Ingram, savvy scouts knew not to be too worried about Rodgers' timed speed, however.

Despite his Combine times, Rodgers' balance, vision and surprising power helped him generate All Pac-10 after each of his three seasons for the Beavers. His lateral agility and quick acceleration make him more elusive than his marginal speed might indicate. Rodgers didn't just boost his stock with his speed. He also measured in taller today at Oregon State's Pro Day.

Bronx - I would probably want him in round 4 but we have no 4th unless trading down.
          he is ok but i would much rather have noel devine in the 5th

Comment

Originally posted by killacal View Post
            he is ok but i would much rather have noel devine in the 5th
            I agree, but I'd take Murray over both. Plus he is a Vegas Native so I already like him.

Comment

Working...
            X