7-Round Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-Round Mock

Hey guys...Our new 7-round mock is out. This one was released by the other guy from our site. Mine will be out next week: http://www.nflroughdraft.com/node/81

If we got Fairley and Paea, I would cry tears of joy. However after that it goes a little downhill, I would take Rudolph instead of Leshore and would take Rudolph. In the seventh I would take Alex Green or Mario Harvey. Other then that I would be amped. :thumb:
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I like the first two picks. For some reason Fairly reminds me of Warren Sapp. I know thats a big comparison. I am not a fan of Quan Sturdivant or the running back they have of gettings. I would love to see denver go after Martez Wilson. I believe if we got these three players they could all be starters. Evenn under a fox system where not to many rookies start. I want denver to find a way to draft FS Jarrett. I think this guys is a beast.

Comment

Fox won't take Hines unless it is to play LB, I think he'll take Byron Maxwell or some other big CB and convert him to S. I'd prefer Nate Irving over Sturdivant but MLB is a need so at least it was recognized. He should probably have put a RT in there somewhere for Denver instead of 2 RBs and a WR

Comment

Ok, let's see how the Browns picks go.

1. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

Not my favorite player. But, fills a desperate need. (A-)

2. Cleveland Browns: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

Not a major need of the team. The team still has Rubin. I think DE would be a bigger need. But, not the worst selection. (B-)

3. Cleveland Browns: Marcus Gilchrist, CB, Clemson

I do not like this selection at all. Not a major need. Offensive tackle or defensive end should be addressed here. (D-)

4. Cleveland Browns: Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi St.

This fills a need. Addressed DE, which deserves a decent grade. (B-)

5. Cleveland Browns: Jarriell King, OT, South Carolina

Depth, maybe. But, the problem is the Browns need a starter at RT and waiting until the fifth round to address this need is not good at all. It is a page right out of Butch Davis' guide to ruin a team. Too little, too late. (F-)

6. Cleveland Browns: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech

Again, not a major need. A rather wasted draft selection. The team could instead select DE, OT, RB, or SS. (F-)

6. Cleveland Browns: Julius Thomas, TE, Portland St.

Not a need at all. Another draft selection for the sake of a draft selection. The Browns should instead select a DE, OT, RB, or SS. (F-)

7. Cleveland Browns: Cheta Ozougwu, DE, Rice

As you said - A potential late round pass rushing gem or a guy who will get cut early.

That wll not make do for the Browns. The Browns need players that will NOT be cut. This is another wasted draft pick - but is a position of need so I will relent a bit. (D+)

So, overall the grade I would give for this Browns mock is a C. Not the best, but not the worst. You hit on a few selections but you also missed by a wide margin on others.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Denver has two 6s and one 7.

I thought it was the other way around too, but check ESPN an NFL.com

Comment

most awesome mock

1. marcell Dareus DT Alabama

2. Marvin Austin DT North carolina(could move up or try to position for him if we need to.

2. Mason Foster MLB/OLB Washington

3. Kelvin Sheppard MLB louisana

6. Richard Sherman FS Stanford

7. Alex Green RB Hawaii

7. D'Aundre Reed DE Arizona

i am just going to have fun that is what i see as a good draft

lets face it we need front seven help i'd end up lettting it be an open game

Sheppard foster Williams Woodyard would all get reps at all line positions

Austin and vickerson dareus would rotate it'd be something like this

Passing downs

Darues NT
              Austin UT

Rushing downs

Vickerson NT
              Dareus UT

i think that would improve our looks.i

i'd love to find a bigger RE to rotate with Doom on more passing downs. we need to address our D these next two drafts, trade kyle orton and d.j. williams try to bring in deangelo williams and James anderson a back up OT that can kick in

build out team kinda like this

QB tim tebow/orton quinn
              RB deangelo Williams/Knowshon Moreno Alex Green Lance Ball
              WR Llyod DT(off pup) Eron riley/brit davis
              WR Decker Royal Willis
              WR Royal Willis
              TE Gronkoski/Quinn
              Lt Ryan Clady Chris Clark/herb taylor
              LG Zane Beadles Manny Remeriez
              C Jd Walton
              RG Chris Kuper Eric Olsen
              RT Ryan Harris

defense
              RDE Elvis Dumerville
              NT Dareus
              UT Austin
              LDE Robery Ayers

WOLB Wesley Woodyard
              MLB Kelvin Sheppard.
              SOLB MAson Foster

CB1 Champ Bailey syd'quan Thompson
              CB2 Perrish Cox Cassis Vaughn
              FS Mcbath/Hill
              SS Keo/bruton

so what do you think of that people.

so i would also be looking to give those people a shot and see what you can do it would be a year + rebuilding Process for us.
              Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                1. marcell Dareus DT Alabama Like it

2. Marvin Austin DT North carolina(could move up or try to position for him if we need to. Hate it. Overrated. 3rd rounder IMO.

2. Mason Foster MLB/OLB Washington Like it

3. Kelvin Sheppard MLB louisana Like it

6. Shiloh Keo SS Idaho Like it

7. Alex Green RB Hawaii Like it

i am just going to have fun that is what i see as a good draft

lets face it we need front seven help i'd end up lettting it be an open game

Sheppard foster Williams Woodyard would all get reps at all line positions

Austin and vickerson dareus would rotate it'd be something like this

Passing downs

Darues NT
                Austin UT

Rushing downs

Vickerson NT
                Dareus UT

i think that would improve our looks.i

i'd love to find a bigger RE to rotate with Doom on more passing downs. we need to address our D these next two drafts, trade kyle orton and d.j. williams try to bring in deangelo williams and James anderson a back up OT that can kick in

build out team kinda like this

QB tim tebow/orton quinn
                RB deangelo Williams/Knowshon Moreno Alex Green Lance Ball
                WR Llyod DT(off pup) Eron riley/brit davis
                WR Decker Royal Willis
                WR Royal Willis
                TE Gronkoski/Quinn
                Lt Ryan Clady Chris Clark/herb taylor
                LG Zane Beadles Manny Remeriez
                C Jd Walton
                RG Chris Kuper Eric Olsen
                RT Ryan Harris

defense
                RDE Elvis Dumerville
                NT Dareus
                UT Austin
                LDE Robery Ayers

WOLB Wesley Woodyard
                MLB Kelvin Sheppard.
                SOLB MAson Foster

CB1 Champ Bailey syd'quan Thompson
                CB2 Perrish Cox Cassis Vaughn
                FS Mcbath/Hill
                SS Keo/bruton

so what do you think of that people.

so i would also be looking to give those people a shot and see what you can do it would be a year + rebuilding Process for us.
                I like it overall

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy
                  Well in the later rounds, it would be a good idea to go BPA. Plus, with you giving that draft a C, i guess you're saying you don't think the Browns will draft real well. Come on dude, support your team!
                  No, I am saying that if the draft went like it did above it wouldn't be very good. Early on (as in the first two picks) are decent but the rest are not very good. The offensive line is addressed too late as is the need at DE. Then, for some unknown reason he includes CB and TE as a need when they aren't...
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    I like it overall
                    okay man heres the reasoning with Austin. he is a 309 man that can run a forty of 4.82 and is exceptional in skills he is a boom or bust player but we get the best DT in the draft with our second overall pick. i am willing to take austin if he drops there just cause i trust my coachs that type of disruptive speed from some one that big in a D tht is suppost to thrive on speed. i think Dareus and Austin could anchor DT spots of a dominate D-line for a while. austin would need better coach, but Fox is a good coach.

i believe fox is a good coach and can get every thing up to his play very motatvational guy. from what i have read there letting the OC and DC control the skemes, i am kinda excited about what we have coaching, all have pretty strong back rounds. i mean all of them have super bowl experence one won the supper bowl.

in 3-3-5 we could line up

DE Austin
                    NT Dareus
                    DE Ayers

Olb Doom
                    ILB Welsey
                    ILB Foster

CB Bailey
                    NB Syd
                    FS Mcbath
                    SS Keo
                    CB Cox

Keo's going to get judged for his time at the combine but he is just such a smooth safety it warrents the pick.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

The Broncos need a RT to replace Harris and will probably take a RB somewhere as well. Then there's the need at S to replace the aging Dawkins who isn't a great cover guy so not a great fit into Fox's defense which emphasizes the DBs playing more zone coverages with their eyes on the QB & ball. He thinks that generates more turnovers. He doesn't play his S's in the box as much as Wink did so Dawkins really doesn't fit well.

So, as much as I'd like to see two DTs with the first two picks, I highly doubt it.

They also need to pick up a LB, and there's not a lot of depth so they will have to look and see if someone falls to their #34 pick. I think it's just a bad year to need ILBs.

Then there's the fact that Fox hates to start rookies and it's hard to start rookie DTs anyway. Dareus might have enough skill & strength, but I would imagine he'd have to work into the job rather than being the starter day 1. That also militates against drafting two DTs with the first two picks.

I wouldn't hate it at all, but I just don't see it.
                      Last edited by Cugel; 04-09-2011, 11:20 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

theres no Free Agency as of now we need to draft for needs

2 starting DT
                        2 starting LB
                        2 Starting S
                        1 Starting CB/RB/TE

if theres no Free agency till the season i think we need 2 starting. so if we bring alex green in late and then try to sign marion barber or deangelo williams. from there we wait till next year. for some offensive positions we have some good players there either way. our D is horrible, and we need to improve it. mason foster could help and kelvin sheppard was the leader of the lsu D. they are the best Linebackers in this draft, and i like what i read about mario Harvey. with out FA. Ryan Harris stays and is probably resigned. he has played well in his career. a really good RT. notice how much better our line looked with him v with out him. we just go next year add a few mid round RTs. only barksdale is worth drafting there and we just need to get ryan harris to sign a potentially big deal ya know. for a year he can make like 5-6 million with out injurys, but with injurys he can only 2-3
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                          okay man heres the reasoning with Austin. he is a 309 man that can run a forty of 4.82 and is exceptional in skills he is a boom or bust player but we get the best DT in the draft with our second overall pick. i am willing to take austin if he drops there just cause i trust my coachs that type of disruptive speed from some one that big in a D tht is suppost to thrive on speed. i think Dareus and Austin could anchor DT spots of a dominate D-line for a while. austin would need better coach, but Fox is a good coach.

i believe fox is a good coach and can get every thing up to his play very motatvational guy. from what i have read there letting the OC and DC control the skemes, i am kinda excited about what we have coaching, all have pretty strong back rounds. i mean all of them have super bowl experence one won the supper bowl.

in 3-3-5 we could line up

DE Austin
                          NT Dareus
                          DE Ayers

Olb Doom
                          ILB Welsey
                          ILB Foster

CB Bailey
                          NB Syd
                          FS Mcbath
                          SS Keo
                          CB Cox

Keo's going to get judged for his time at the combine but he is just such a smooth safety it warrents the pick.
                          If the plan is to play a 3-3-5 then I want Christian Ballard in the second over Austin every day of the week. He can play any position on the dline.

Comment

I like the mock-

I think Austin has a ton of potential, but honestly, Vickerson is pretty good on passing downs and might actually need to be in there on all 3 downs. when possible. He will be at the start of the season for sure.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I like the mock-

I think Austin has a ton of potential, but honestly, Vickerson is pretty good on passing downs and might actually need to be in there on all 3 downs. when possible. He will be at the start of the season for sure.
                              I really think his potential is overrated.He was so hyped and then when he started a full season he didnt live up to it. He IMO is much overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X