X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2 Round Mock Draft

After a week of work here it is, let me know what you guys think

2011 NFL Mock Draft

I'm going to be honest here, and say the Clayborn pick is awful.

Denver already knows its two starting DEs next year will be Elvis Dumervil and Robert Ayers, a very capable pair, whereas there is no idea whatsoever who's going to be starting at S, ILB, or RT.

Dareus and LeShoure are good though.

Comment

Whoa, in the interactive, Miami took Mallet over Newton...

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
        If I were a team who wanted a QB Mallet would be number 1 on my board

Comment

Tennessee seems to be the popular landing spot for Fairley. I say they are not going to take yet another risky player under a new regime. Fairley makes an epic fall. (IMO)

Rumor has it McDaniels made a deal where he controls the first pick in the draft. You think he picks a DT? (maybe it's just a rumor)

Why no mock I have seen has the Steelers picking an OL, is beyond me. Any one watch the SB / AFC Championship / playoffs? How old is Adams? They need depth and a starter on their O line like the earth needs water.

The Pats need a WR, I predicted a few weeks ago they actual trade up to any where before St. Louis for (WR) J. Jones. Say they don't trade up. A mock with out trades? FINE. Where is the starting WR round 7?

Austin #62 after Studivant? I hope he is at 2a (36) what a steal that will be.

Other then that your mock draft is pretty dog gone good. Much better then I could do. I just "think I know" about a few teams and players not 2 rounds and 32 teams. So no need to get all Defensive, I could be wrong and over all it is much better then I could do.
          Last edited by marcus_miller; 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM.
          I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
            Tennessee seems to be the popular landing spot for Fairley. I say they are not going to take yet another risky player under a new regime. Fairley makes an epic fall. (IMO)

Ive debated this with you I beleive. They take IMO no doubt if he is there.

Rumor has it McDaniels made a deal where he controls the first pick in the draft. You think he picks a DT? (maybe it's just a rumor)

Your joking right.

Why no mock I have seen has the Steelers picking an OL, is beyond me. Any one watch the SB? How old is Adams? They need depth on their O line like the earth needs water.

I have seen plenty of mocks with them taking pouncey. Thats it though. I have had them taking Marcus Gannon for a long time though.

The Pats need a WR I predicted a few weeks ago they actual trade up to any where before St. Louis for (WR) J. Jones. Say they don't trade up. A mock with out trades? FINE. Where is the starting WR round 7?

I dont think they trade up. Plenty of high quality recivers at number 33 for NE after they have addressed there DE and OLB spot in the first.

Austin IMO is a 3rd round pick and a 3rd round talent. I agree with this pick.

Other then that your mock draft is pretty dog gone good. Much better then I could do. I just "think I know" about a few teams and players not 2 rounds and 32 teams. So no need to get all Defensive, I could be wrong and over all it is much better then I could do.
            Thoughts in bold

Comment

Denver already knows its two starting DEs next year will be Elvis Dumervil and Robert Ayers, a very capable pair, whereas there is no idea whatsoever who's going to be starting at S, ILB, or RT.

Taking another RB in round 2 is questionable considering our needs, but it's possible.

I agree completely with disliking the Clayborn pick VERY much. Supposing we sign Dareus we'll have two DT's on the roster capable of absorbing minutes. If we pass on Stephen Paea for a Adrian Clayborn I will be disgusted.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

It's awful? I think it's really good actually. We have 3 DE's on the roster, Dumervil, Ayers, and Jason Hunter. We definitely need to add some people to that group, and if Clayborn is there in the 2nd who is clear cut 1st round talent, we should take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  It's awful? I think it's really good actually. We have 3 DE's on the roster, Dumervil, Ayers, and Jason Hunter. We definitely need to add some people to that group, and if Clayborn is there in the 2nd who is clear cut 1st round talent, we should take him.
                  We do have Veikune who im intriguied by but yes I agree with this. If Clayborn falls to the 2nd Im all over that.

Comment

TBH I struggled with this pick. Paea made sense, but I didn't think the Broncos would pull a Tampa Bay Bucs move and go DT back to back in the first two rounds. Clayborn I felt was sort of a BPA/insurance policy type pick. You've got Dumervil coming back form his knee injury and noone knows if Ayers will be any good at DE. Besides you guys are going to need pass rushers with Fox's scheme, so I figured Clayborn would make a good fit.

Yessir, probably the biggest shock of the first round so far. It was fairly unanimous too IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      He's got health issues that might severely lower his ceiling, and I just don't see how he's a better prospect than Paea.

Clayborn will just be a power end in a 4-3.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Thoughts in bold
                        Wasn't joking and even if rumors are false; Who is Bradford's go to guy and how much longer is Jackson going to carry the load him self? This off season is about O for St. Louis.

I have noticed our thought patterns go in two completely different direction more then not. To each his own, opinions vary.

The mock in this thread has no WR for NE in the first two rounds.
                        Last edited by marcus_miller; 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM.
                        I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Taking another RB in round 2 is questionable considering our needs, but it's possible.

I agree completely with disliking the Clayborn pick VERY much. Supposing we sign Dareus we'll have two DT's on the roster capable of absorbing minutes. If we pass on Stephen Paea for a Adrian Clayborn I will be disgusted.
                          By that same token though we only have 3 DE's capable of taking minutes. One is coming off of a season ending injury, one hasn't played the position in the NFL yet, and one is a Detroit Lions castoff who just spent a year learning 3-4 OLB.

Clayborn is a solid player who was a guy considered to go top 10 before the year started based on pure talent. He didn't play up to his expected level, but he's still a very good player, and there's no doubt we need DE's. I'm not saying he's a better pick than somebody like Paea, but I wouldn't be disgusted with the pick, mainly because we need to find some DE's somewhere in this draft.

Comment

Dareus is good, don't like the other two picks.

Wouldn't mind Clayborn, but i'd take Paea, Austin, or Moore instead. The other 2nd i'd take a LB/DL...

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post

Why no mock I have seen has the Steelers picking an OL, is beyond me. Any one watch the SB / AFC Championship / playoffs? How old is Adams? They need depth and a starter on their O line like the earth needs water.

The Pats need a WR, I predicted a few weeks ago they actual trade up to any where before St. Louis for (WR) J. Jones. Say they don't trade up. A mock with out trades? FINE. Where is the starting WR round 7?

No problem at all man, I appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to read the mock.

Fairly seems like a simple logical choice for now. Especially with them bringing in Auburns DL coach. I think in the next two weeks we are going to find out if they are going to reach for a QB, that pick could just as likely be Ryan Mallett. Fairly makes an epic fail, but if you can motivate him which his college DL coach proved he could do, then the reward is pretty good. For a team that's not going to spend big money to get superstar free agents, their only chance at getting superstars is to take risks in the draft, like this one.

I'm not sure about the deal with McDaniels but if they go offense then Jones is the pick, otherwise I don't think they take a tackle or RB. Word is they are in LOVE with Liuget. They sent like 6 or so guys to his pro day IIRC.

I have the Steelers picking up Wisniewski in the 2nd round. They like to grab linemen with their early picks so I think you may be right regarding the first rounder.

I don't see the Pats trading up for a WR. I can see them taking one, but I don't think BB would ever trade up for a WR, maybe another position.

Come to think of it Austin would have been a perfect pick for the Broncos at 2a or 2b. Put him and Dareus together on the D-line. How awesome would that be. Good call on that one man.

Thanks again for taking the time to read through the mock man

Comment

Working...
                              X