Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 2 Round Mock Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He's got health issues that might severely lower his ceiling, and I just don't see how he's a better prospect than Paea.

    Clayborn will just be a power end in a 4-3.
    Clayborn is known for being versatile. He won't just be a power end, Fox is a creative defensive coach and will be able to do a lot of things with him. I think kicking him inside at DT on passing downs with Dumervil and Hunter at the DE spot creates a promising front line.

    Like I said I'm not saying he's a better pick than somebody like Paea, but I wouldn't hate the pick if we made it.

    Comment


    • #17
      In response to the OP though, I like the Dareus/Clayborn picks, but not LeShoure. I think he'll be good, but there are too many holes on D for us to take a RB. We can find somebody in FA to hold that spot afloat for a while, but we need to keep adding talent to the defense with that pick.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Taking another RB in round 2 is questionable considering our needs, but it's possible.

        .
        Re the Leshoure pick, I think it makes a lot of sense given what John Fox wants to do. He wants to establish a power running game. Two times in his tenure in Carolina he took a RB in the first round (Williams and Stewart), and he also took DeShaun Foster in the 2nd round.

        I'm not sure if he feels that Moreno can carry the load for him, hence why Leshoure is the pick. Also, pretty good value to get Leshoure mid 2nd.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          In response to the OP though, I like the Dareus/Clayborn picks, but not LeShoure. I think he'll be good, but there are too many holes on D for us to take a RB. We can find somebody in FA to hold that spot afloat for a while, but we need to keep adding talent to the defense with that pick.
          It may not be a popular pick, but Fox has been looking at RBs. You're probably right in that it may be in the later rounds, but when new defensive minded coaches come to a team they usually want to get 'their guy' at RB. Especially if Fox wants to build a run-first defensive team.

          Edit- you guys post way too fast for me to respond!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
            In response to the OP though, I like the Dareus/Clayborn picks, but not LeShoure. I think he'll be good, but there are too many holes on D for us to take a RB. We can find somebody in FA to hold that spot afloat for a while, but we need to keep adding talent to the defense with that pick.
            If we added another 2nd rounder, i wouldn't hate the pick of a RB, but if we stay put with where we are in picks, we should go defense with our first 4 picks.

            I agree with your thoughts on Clayborn.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              Clayborn is known for being versatile. He won't just be a power end, Fox is a creative defensive coach and will be able to do a lot of things with him. I think kicking him inside at DT on passing downs with Dumervil and Hunter at the DE spot creates a promising front line.

              Like I said I'm not saying he's a better pick than somebody like Paea, but I wouldn't hate the pick if we made it.
              Doesn't his condition limit movement in one shoulder? I thought I read that there are certain moves he can't do with one of his arms....?

              I'm just sort of wondering out loud if that would prohibit him from playing inside. It seems the article I read suggested there are certain things he won't be able to do at the next level.

              There's no questioning his effort. I'm just concerned about his health. He's also not going to be beating people around the corner at the next level.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Doesn't his condition limit movement in one shoulder? I thought I read that there are certain moves he can't do with one of his arms....?

                I'm just sort of wondering out loud if that would prohibit him from playing inside. It seems the article I read suggested there are certain things he won't be able to do at the next level.

                There's no questioning his effort. I'm just concerned about his health. He's also not going to be beating people around the corner at the next level.
                From what I've read, he can only play RE because of his shoulder. He says it doesn't effect him when playing football, it only prevents him from lifting weights and doing certain weight exercises. Hence, why his right shoulder is technically 'weaker' but according to him doesn't bother him on the field.

                Also heard one scout call him the 'one arm bandit' - although it was in a positive light, saying something along the lines of I would rather have the one arm bandit over half of these guys.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Claybourn gave Gabe Carimi all he could handle when Iowa played Wisconsin. But that being said, I'd still like the pick to be another DT. The interior of the defensive line has been neglected for years.

                  As for the second #2, I'd like to see an OT like Marcus Cannon be drafted. I've grown tired of the offensive line shuffle.
                  sigpic

                  Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                    Claybourn gave Gabe Carimi all he could handle when Iowa played Wisconsin. But that being said, I'd still like the pick to be another DT. The interior of the defensive line has been neglected for years.

                    As for the second #2, I'd like to see an OT like Marcus Cannon be drafted. I've grown tired of the offensive line shuffle.
                    Agreed, I'm starting to think that Dareus in the first and Marvin Austin in the second would make a lot of sense for the Broncos.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      TBH I'm starting to think more and more that the early 2nd rounder Denver has might end up being Colin Kaepernick.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Good lord, if Clayborn is available at #36 I would make the pick card into a paper airplane and fire it as soon as Goodell announces the #35 pick, let Elway throw it, his accuracy is uncanny.

                        I don't like the LeShoure pick, I think he will go much higher than that anyways and could be the 1st RB selected. I would much rather us take another defensive player there and get a RB like Kendall Hunter or Dion Lewis later.

                        I LOVE the Dareus and Clayborn picks though! :thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          did Clayborn play DE in a 4-3 or a 3-4 in college?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X