my sleeper mock w/ 2 great trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sleeper mock w/ 2 great trades

If this happened we WOULD be a playoff team.
    -
    First sign either james anderson or justin durant to start at SLB
    -
    Draft:
    -
    Trade down to 5 for a 2nd and 5th.
    1.Cam newton
    2.Blaine gabbert
    3.Von miller or PP
    4.Aj green
    5.*dareus*
    -
    1.Marcell Dareus DT
    I am more of a fairley guy BUT I think dareus and austin would be a great combination
    -
    2a.marvin austin UT he is a very athletic lineman would likely go in the 1st round had he played this year. Proved he has a good work ethic by staying in tip top shape after not playing an entire year due to suspension
    -
    2b.martez wilson MLB-illinios one of my favorites;he was recruited by ND and USC, I wish he went to ND cuz he is a beast. If not for his neck injury hed be a top 20 pick. He is still THE ILB of this draft imo. Or mason foster BOTH are GREAT MLBs
    -
    Trade #46 for a 3,5,and 6
    -
    3a.jordan todman RB-UCONN my favorite player on my favorite team to me he would have a 1st round grade if he were two inches taller. He can do it all. Kiper says Hell be the steal of the draft at RB and I agree.
    -
    3b.trade 3b for a 4, 6, and 7th -
    4.joseph barksdale RT-LSU
    With harris not being re-signed we have a hole at RT and barksdale is nfl starter material but I'd still draft him for depth even if we keep harris(which I hope we do)
    -
    5.Martin parker DT-richmond very athletic, underrated DT found out about him on these boards and I was very impressed. He is the 4th DT drafted because we only have one on our roster
    -
    5b.Darrin walls cb-ND best press corner in the draft. He is so physical at the line, he is fast enough to run with nfl recievers and he is not affraid to hit
    -
    6a.schuylar oordt TE-UNI
    6'6 265 great hands, superfast, 36"vert not a great blocker but he streches the field as a receiving TE and at 6'6 with a 36"vert he is a serious redzone threat. Has a knack for the endzone 6/1 tD/catch ratio and averages 20 ypc had over 1200 yards and 12TDs and only started 10 games in 4 years
    -
    6b.Marc schiechi DE-CO school of mines he is the all time DII sack leader.he is an absolute beast from highlights I've seen. He is like doom and urlacher mixed together
    -
    6c.Mana silva- safety just a flat out beast. If he's not there byron maxwell
    -
    6d.alex green a beast) who fits the fox mold
    -
    7a.noel devine- once thought of as a 3rd rounder he is a true speedster (4.26 40)
    -
    7b.Shane bannon FB-Yale seen him play in person he is huge and he can BLOCK and CATCH and he's super FAST

I can honestly say this is the best mock I've ever done or seen on these boards
    Last edited by themadfanatic; 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM.

does anyone think we should get kyle R the TE ?? I think we should...
    "It's not how many breathes we take in a life time, but how many moments in our life time that take our breath away"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatBroncosReppinDCboy View Post
      does anyone think we should get kyle R the TE ?? I think we should...
      It's not what we think, it's what the HC philosophy dictates and well, TE Kyle Rudolph's caliber isn't usually in the HC philosophy

Comment

Way, way too many defensive tackles.

Most teams carry 4 defensive tackles, period.

And I doubt we will have 3 rookies there.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

dareus wont make it passed the bills and if does then he wont make it passed the bengles, they need DT as much WR if not more. jerome simpson showed signs of beign number there number 1. and the only good person they have at DT is peko, so if they add dareus lewis gets his 2 big DT. i would be very surprised if dareus dropped that low.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            dareus wont make it passed the bills and if does then he wont make it passed the bengles, they need DT as much WR if not more. jerome simpson showed signs of beign number there number 1. and the only good person they have at DT is peko, so if they add dareus lewis gets his 2 big DT. i would be very surprised if dareus dropped that low.
            Cinci has Pat Sims and Tank Johnson at defensive tackle.

They both have decent contracts.

Dareus doesnt make sence finacially.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I'm not sure why we would take 4 DT's, we just resigned Vickerson and usually teams only keep 4 DT's on their final roster....so essentially we'd be picking someone that we know we're going to cut before the season starts.

I don't think Dareus falls to 5, Buffalo switched from a 3-4 back to a 4-3 midseason because they didn't have quality linemen last year, I think they would absolutely take Dareus at number 3, especially if the rumours are true that they really wanted Tebow last year, they get a blue chip prospect at a position of need and they get to screw Denver over.

Also I'm not sure about other teams draft pick situations (other than NE having 3 of the top 33) but I don't know if any would be willing to give up a 3,4 and 5 for a second round pick, unless there was someone unbelievable that fell to that spot, at which time Denver needs to consider drafting that player, cause he's obviously in demand.

Quantity over quality isn't always the best way to go, at some point Denver needs to start stocking this team with really good to great players, rather than lots of average players. Right now Denver has a LOFT problem (Lack Of F___ing Talent) it's time to correct that.

Comment

what makes sense for me and them they go DT then QB. i mean i don't think they need green they need to add some dominance to there D again they are built about it, and to be honest Quinn or dareus makes the most sense. i mean simpson when he was given a chance had 2 great games and is a number one, cadwell and shipley has looked promising as assist WR if they have a number 1.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Problem is that I seriously doubt AZ will trade up. Cinci will take a look at a QB in the 2nd round after taking a WR @4, and I honestly doubt the Bills want a QB, maybe they'd look again in Round 2, but everything I hear is they want defense @3.

That means that in all likelihood, Gabbert will be there at 5.

A trade would be nice, but I just can't see us being able to trade back no matter how much smoke we blow about want a QB.

Comment

i am pretty sure AZ really wants a Vet QB and teh time to develope Skelton, he looks like rolisberger, i would totaly let him have a year or 2
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      what makes sense for me and them they go DT then QB. i mean i don't think they need green they need to add some dominance to there D again they are built about it, and to be honest Quinn or dareus makes the most sense. i mean simpson when he was given a chance had 2 great games and is a number one, cadwell and shipley has looked promising as assist WR if they have a number 1.
                      I think Quinn is a very likely possibillity.
                      Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                        Problem is that I seriously doubt AZ will trade up. Cinci will take a look at a QB in the 2nd round after taking a WR @4, and I honestly doubt the Bills want a QB, maybe they'd look again in Round 2, but everything I hear is they want defense @3.

That means that in all likelihood, Gabbert will be there at 5.

A trade would be nice, but I just can't see us being able to trade back no matter how much smoke we blow about want a QB.
                        What we know is Denver seems to be in the market for DL or LB. Elway is blowing smoke up collective butts with QB's. Could it be that Fairley may be the guy Elway is targeting all along? This time of year we just do not know and they could be using the new "Community Relations" philosophy to their advantage so as to not truly reveal their intentions. If Elway has Fairley and Dareus relatively close then a trade down to no later than 7 is a great strategy and still get your guy and grab draft picks.

As for Buffalo knowing Chan Gailey he really truly needs a mobile QB to run his offense. No FA means no Vick or Thigpen and cannot rely on being able to get either QB, so he takes the next best thing and that would be either Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick. Who is to say Buffalo doesnt trade down to get more picks if Cam is gone because they are literally in same boat as Denver and then drafts Kaepernick. Buffalo needs Pass Rush so much more than DL and if Arizona is Denver's trading partner they do it to grab Von Miller not get another rookie QB when they have 2 already.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                          Way, way too many defensive tackles.

Most teams carry 4 defensive tackles, period.

And I doubt we will have 3 rookies there.
                          We had leonard,vickerson,thomas,willians,bannan,fields,an d mcbean(7) last year there all DTs in a 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                            We had leonard,vickerson,thomas,willians,bannan,fields,an d mcbean(7) last year there all DTs in a 4-3
                            We didn't run a 43 last year....

Vickerson, Thomas, Bannan, McBean play 34 DE, and Leonard wasn't even with the team for the season...

Comment

Austin is the biggest underachiever in the draft. All the talent in the world, but poor production. I do not see him being anymore motivated as a pro. Big red flags we can not afford to gamble on.

Kendrick Ellis NT will not last until round 4, I would be shocked to see him on the board at our 3rd round pick.

With FA an uncertainty, I do not think any team will do this trade "Trade #46 for a 3,4,5,and 6"; when was the last time you ever saw a trade like this on draft day?

Like others have said, too many DTs.

I like the Ellis pick, but I think getting him at #67 is more reasonable. Toddman is a decent pickup. Barksdale does not have the nasty streak I like in OL guys, but he has talent.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                              X