No announcement yet.

Ryan Mallett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to compare his attitude to Phillip Rivers. It is a good thing, he is a competitor and very competitive. That being said despite having the right arm of God...his feet are like glued to the earth. That really isn't a huge concern to me but...I question the mental aspects of his game. He isn't great at reading coverage or anything like that, and makes rather poor decisions. Also his touch is about the worst I've seen, this is a guy who absolutely unleashes the "dragon" on screen passes. I think this guy has broken fingers on screens with those passes.

He reminds me as a player of Jay Cutler without the mobility, great physical tools, a gunslinger, and questionable NFL IQ.

Comment

So what I'm hearing is....

Ryan Mallett = Derek Anderson at worst
      Jay Cutler at best

Kinda a bummer.. however I still think if he had his head on strait he'd be the best choice for QB needy teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        So what I'm hearing is....

Ryan Mallett = Derek Anderson at worst
        Jay Cutler at best

Kinda a bummer.. however I still think if he had his head on strait he'd be the best choice for QB needy teams.
        I would say Derek Anderson at worst, and Phillip Rivers at best.

But I think with his issues, hes leaning towards the former.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I also think Mallett will be the best qb of this class.
          i actually think he'll be a very good pro.

someone said something about having terrible touch? are you kidding me?
          people laud his touch, especially on the deep passes.

his decision making was questionable AT times. not consistently.

look at his td:int ratio. very good.

as for newton..i think he'll be a little better than VY, depends on what coaching he gets.

locker will be average IMO and i also think Ponder will shock some people and be a very good qb.

Comment

I can't believe nobody's made the obvious comparison to Ryan Leaf. Immobile, cannon-armed, headcases ring a bell? Doesn't help his first name's Ryan either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubbles6 View Post
              I also think Mallett will be the best qb of this class.
              i actually think he'll be a very good pro.

someone said something about having terrible touch? are you kidding me?
              people laud his touch, especially on the deep passes.

his decision making was questionable AT times. not consistently.

look at his td:int ratio. very good.

as for newton..i think he'll be a little better than VY, depends on what coaching he gets.

locker will be average IMO and i also think Ponder will shock some people and be a very good qb.
              He kills receivers, when you shouldn't throw the ball that hard. When you are throwing to your back in the flat you can't fire it at him, he's had that problem for a while. He does the same thing in the short passing game, and even on fade routes he often overthrows it. His arm can surely make every single pass in the game, but his touch is definitely questionable on fades/short throws. His balls also tend to get his TE killed across the middle of the field.

And frankly he gets away with several interceptions because of how hard he throws, the problem is that NFL defensive backs aren't going to let nearly as many of his mistakes get away.

He needs to become a much better decision maker, and much better in pressure for me to think he will be successful.

Comment

Mallett to me looks like a Joe Flacco or Jim Everett
                sigpic

Comment

He's Drew Bledsoe at best, but I think he'll be Derek Anderson is the pros. He obviously has great height and a cannon arm. He was also productive in the SEC running a pro-style offense. However, he is extremely immobile, very inconsistent with his accuracy, and has questionable decision-making both on and off the field. He also needs work on his footwork, which may be tough considering how slow and heavy his feet are. He has even now admitted drug use.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6470/ryan-mallett

I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd or 4th round at the highest. He's a major boom or bust prospect, and there's numerous factors that may contribute to him being a bust.

http://www.mockdraftclub.com/positio...allett-profile

This is a decent profile explaining some of his big flaws.
                  Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

im not saying that he doesn't need to work on his accuracy.

but saying it's a major flaw or something is wrong.

look at game tape of him and gabbert and you'll see who is obviously more accurate.

and about the throwing hard deal..i'd rather have him throw it insanely hard then float it or lob it.

all of this will get smoothed out with proper coaching.

Comment

Working...
                    X