No announcement yet.

Broncos mock draft *WITH TRADES*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like almost everything about this mock. I just can't see anybody trading up to get Nick Fairley. He's got the undeniable talent, but too many red flags to trade extra picks to get him.

If he falls to your team and you want to gamble on him reaching his potential, then fine. But, give up a 3rd & 5th round pick to move up and get him? I don't think so.

P.S. I see you have Redskins trading down, picking up extra picks and still taking Locker. That's fine for them of course. Shanahan would be pleased.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-19-2011, 10:14 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
      I like almost everything about this mock. I just can't see anybody trading up to get Nick Fairley. He's got the undeniable talent, but too many red flags to trade extra picks to get him.

If he falls to your team and you want to gamble on him reaching his potential, then fine. But, give up a 3rd & 5th round pick to move up and get him? I don't think so.

P.S. I see you have Redskins trading down, picking up extra picks and still taking Locker. That's fine for them of course. Shanahan would be pleased.
      Nick Fairley is still a top 5 talent, and Spags likes pressure from his front 4. I dont know that he would trade up for him, but its a possibility.
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• I doubt Adrian Clayborn will fall out of the first round, but other then that it looks really good.

Seattle just drafted Okung and Solder doesn't really fit at RT. Watkins or dline makes more sense with their pick.
        Last edited by BF_forever; 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Only problem I have is Rams trading up to get Fairley. Trade up for Julio Jones, sure, but not Fairley.

I'd see Texans trading up to snatch Fairley to play NT in Wade's 3-4, before Rams trade up to get him.

Other than that nothing special, pretty much stars are all aligned. Not bad at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            *Cleveland trades their pick to Tennessee for picks 8 and 37.
            8. Cleveland selects WR Julio Jones, Bama
            Jones is the most physically gifted wide receiver in this draft and Colt needs some weapons.
            I don't get why people have the Browns trading down all the time. Sure, extra picks help - to a degree. But if they are spent on players that never do anything they are worthless selections. I'm fine with the selection, though.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
              I don't get why people have the Browns trading down all the time. Sure, extra picks help - to a degree. But if they are spent on players that never do anything they are worthless selections. I'm fine with the selection, though.
              I dont understand.

Would you rather I have you stay at 6 and take Jones there?
              Denver Broncos GM
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                What on earth are you b itching about? That would be ideal for Cleveland! They get the WR you are always screaming about AND pick up extra draft picks!

What more could they want?

Most mocks I've seen have them standing pat at #6 and taking . . . Robert Quinn.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                  Nick Fairley is still a top 5 talent, and Spags likes pressure from his front 4. I dont know that he would trade up for him, but its a possibility.
                  I personally think that trades are all too unlikely to put into a mock draft.

For instance, I see that you've taken great efforts to make this one realistic and for the most part there's not a lot to criticize in this one. All the picks seem at least reasonable although I'm not enough of a draft expert to predict who will go in the late 1st versus the early 2nd round so I withhold any opinion about the bottom half of round one.

I just think this mock would be stronger without the trades which, after all are almost CERTAIN not to happen as you predict.

Trades WILL happen of course, it's just impossible to predict them accurately in advance.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                    I personally think that trades are all too unlikely to put into a mock draft.

For instance, I see that you've taken great efforts to make this one realistic and for the most part there's not a lot to criticize in this one. All the picks seem at least reasonable although I'm not enough of a draft expert to predict who will go in the late 1st versus the early 2nd round so I withhold any opinion about the bottom half of round one.

I just think this mock would be stronger without the trades which, after all are almost CERTAIN not to happen as you predict.

Trades WILL happen of course, it's just impossible to predict them accurately in advance.
                    Trades are hard to predict, but I believe Washington will trade down.

Cinci will want to trade up.

The pats will trade down.

Stuff like that. Anything I didnt think were likely I tried to keep out.
                    Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Working...
                    X