No announcement yet.

Blain Gabbert has photographic memory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blain Gabbert has photographic memory!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...t_stock_041911

Whatchu guys think?

My eyes lit up until I read "almost"...

Comment

I dont get it. They did not mention anything about memory.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Having your memory described as "almost photographic" by your mother and actually having a photographic memory are two very different things.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

what, when did they mention that? Did get a different video than you guys?
          So far:

Comment

Guys, I am proud to inform you that I have photographic memory.

Where do I sign up to be an elite qb?
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

... Did you try scrolling down the page and reading the article?
              sigpic
              - ★ -

Comment

I have a photographic memory. Its nothing special, I can just remember where I put things or when I was in school I could picture my notes or what was on the board. I don't know how that helps a qb

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                  I have a photographic memory. Its nothing special, I can just remember where I put things or when I was in school I could picture my notes or what was on the board. I don't know how that helps a qb
                  You may have a very good memory but I highly, highly doubt it's photographic. Some people don't believe it's even possible to have a photographic memory and people who've claimed to have one have yet to prove it scientifically. They tend to be using mnemonic devices to recall things, which is not the same- it requires study and conscious effort, whereas someone with a photographic memory would have immediate recall and would be remembering something as if it had been subconsciously imprinted into their head after looking at it for a short amount of time.

/nerd mode disengage
                  sigpic
                  - ★ -

Comment

If someone actually had the ability to perfectly recall images they'd glanced at for thirty seconds though, imagine how well he'd be able to read defences at the QB position. You'd tear them apart because you'd instantly recognise the formation and know exactly what everyone was about to do.
                    sigpic
                    - ★ -

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                      You may have a very good memory but I highly, highly doubt it's photographic. Some people don't believe it's even possible to have a photographic memory and people who've claimed to have one have yet to prove it scientifically. They tend to be using mnemonic devices to recall things, which is not the same- it requires study and conscious effort, whereas someone with a photographic memory would have immediate recall and would be remembering something as if it had been subconsciously imprinted into their head after looking at it for a short amount of time.
                      When I take tests, I remember how I wrote my notes. I can see a blurry picture of my notes with a closeup on what I need. And I dont feel the need to prove it scientifically. I have straight A's and I have not studied once this year.
                      Denver Broncos GM
                      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I wasn't challenging you to prove it, just putting the current hypothesis onto the page. The fact you can remember your notes exceptionally well doesn't mean your memory is photographic because taking notes is, in itself, a recall device. It's different to looking (not reading or studying, just looking) at a page from a textbook for thirty seconds and being done with it. Either way it's not worth arguing about. You might have a photographic memory, I wouldn't know, I just doubt it.
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -

Comment

I think a lot of people have some form of it.

Once I have seen a face I will never forget it. I can also recall conversations word for word with people from elementary school or now. Which is why I can recall most all plays from the broncos.

But that is not photographic memmory.

Photo mem is literally like being able to look at a picture. So for example- look at the room you are in, now look into the next room. If you have photomem you would be able to accurately describe all the details of the first glance you had of the room.

Not just the fact there was a tv and a couch over here that is white and apicutre and fireplace, but things like there is a picture tilted slightly, there is a piece of dust on top of the tv, there are 2 toy cars on top of each other slightly leaning on their side, with only the letters POR readable from the word Porsche.

They had a CSI like this once, where the killer janitor girl did have photomem. It is like looking at a picutre to re create everything exactly as you see it in the picture. No one has that.

I too can see my notes, I usually draw a picture by each notes and when I see the picture I can remember what my notes say because I can then see them when i see the picture, but that is still not it either.
                          So far:

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                            I wasn't challenging you to prove it, just putting the current hypothesis onto the page. The fact you can remember your notes exceptionally well doesn't mean your memory is photographic because taking notes is, in itself, a recall device. It's different to looking (not reading or studying, just looking) at a page from a textbook for thirty seconds and being done with it. Either way it's not worth arguing about. You might have a photographic memory, I wouldn't know, I just doubt it.
                            Im not arguing that I do, I may not. I still have an exceptional memory.

Which I think the point of this thread was to point out Blaine's.
                            Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                              Which I think the point of this thread was to point out Blaine's.
                              I think we've buried the original topic of the thread a bit
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -

Comment

Working...
                              X