X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players With Great/Questionable Character

Just wanted to post this article:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...pe-nfl-success

I agree with all the high character guys.

I also definitely agree with Newton, Mallett, and Smith as questionable character guys.

I'm not sure about Fairley, Taylor, and Austin because I'm not sure how much Taylor and Austin may have matured since their problems, and I'm not sure how questionable Fairley's character truly is.
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

I will decline to point out the obvious controversial part of this article.
    sigpic
    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
      I will decline to point out the obvious controversial part of this article.
      What? That it's written by Nolan Nawrocki?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
        What? That it's written by Nolan Nawrocki?
        Let's go with that....
        sigpic
        Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Let's go with that....
          No I'm serious. What's so controversial?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
            No I'm serious. What's so controversial?
            Not to start a debate but 5 of 6 of the bad character players are African American and 4 of the 6 high character players are caucasian.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

I didnt read the article but if it says Jimmy Smith has character issues then it is a bad article. This whole character issue thing is over blown. It is BS IMO.

Comment

Not to start a debate but 5 of 6 of the bad character players are African American and 4 of the 6 high character players are caucasian.
                Are you saying it is racist the character issue thing.

It isnt. Considering majority of players in the NFL are african american.

The real issue is people overplay the whole situation and try to bring guys down during this process because they are straped to talk about anything. It all comes from the media.

Comment

Oh, I didn't think of that at all. I wasn't trying to start anything controversial. I thought you were saying because it was written by the same guy who absolutely torched Cam Newton.

Comment

Wasn't inferring anything from it, just pointing it out.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Wasn't inferring anything from it, just pointing it out.
                      I thought you had a valid point. They had to put Mallet on the list because he might be the biggest charachter concern of all of the guys considered to have 1st round talent, but is he really the only caucasion in the draft with character concerns? I highly doubt it.

It would be just as easy for them to find 4 or 5 black guys considered high character guys if they wanted to, such as Bowers, Miller, or even Cameron Jordan.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Please i dont think it has anything at all do with race copnsidering in the first round probaly 25+ players selected will be american african players.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Please i dont think it has anything at all do with race copnsidering in the first round probaly 25+ players selected will be american african players.
                          Which is exactly why they could have easily selected a panel of high character guys that wasn't all white.

At the least it was highly insensitive and ignorant.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is obviously going farther than I intended. Once again, I'm not stating my personal views on the subject, just pointing it out.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

This is obviously going farther than I intended. Once again, I'm not stating my personal views on the subject, just pointing it out.
                              Don't sweat it, I don't think anybody in this thread is promoting the KKK.

I just think the writer of the article has a bias, whether or not he's aware of it, I don't know. Sometimes we have slight biases that we're blind too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X