2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Disagree, if anything Safety could have been addressed in FA, we overpaid for Moore because of the weak safety class. Not saying he isn't good, just bad value compared to other guys that are available.
    I don't get it. Moore was the #1 safety on most expert's board, and he was obviously the 2nd highest on Denver's board since we drafted him with our 2nd pick. Obviously, none of those other DTs were that high on our board, or at least higher than Moore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Maybe someone should have told him instead of reaching for some guys he should have just traded up and got a good player... Or send someone to take a look at giants big board
      I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we don't have much ammo to be trading up. In fact, it was almost a must that we traded down because we only came into this draft with 7 picks.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
        He said he believes we already have guys on this roster that can start at DT. Said they had guys on the board but they were gone. An insider also says Denver has a RB on their board for the 4th rd and they will take him if he's there. I don't know who it is though.
        What is he talking about players on the board but they were gone? they passed on so many tackles.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
          My thoughts exactly. John Fox has a very proven track record as a defensive minded coach and definitely knows his D-Lineman with drafting guys like Jenkins & Peppers.

It's going to take some time, & I'd rather get the best defensive players available at their respective positions. Show me a team full of the best players at their positions, and i'll show you a championship caliber team.

Rome was not built in one day. Good post OP.

Excellent point. It is all about getting the best guys you can get.
          I am sure the guys would have picked a DT if they felt we needed one in those rounds. I trust them. Sometimes it isnt a lack of players as much as it is a lack of fundamentals and a proven system.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            What is he talking about players on the board but they were gone? they passed on so many tackles.
            I can think of Wilkerson, namely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              I am sure they feel the guys we have our better...

Comment

• I'm actually a little disappointed they didn't get Ryan Mallette but I like the draft so far.

I would have preferred Dareus over Miller but Miller is still an excellent choice.

Getting the guy that's considered the best safety ain't bad. That means they got two players that are considered the best at their respective positions. You can't complain about that.

If you're going to let your right tackle walk, it's a good idea to get a replacement. The guy sounds like a good one.

I don't know about taking another LB over a DT. That's a little bit of a head scratcher but they must have liked the guy better than any of the DT's on the board.

I wonder if there are some defensive tackles that they like that they knew would be available in the fourth or fifth round.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Where were they (DTs)

If we have DT's on the roster now that can start, where were they last year?

answer - on the ground watching the backs feet.

everyone else seemed to find DTs

This is some odd politics...Cause I am in a bad mood about the lockout..I choose to blame Xanders
                  Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Did you have this same attitude in the past 2 drafts? Just curious!
                    i hope we look back and see this draft for defense is as good as the '06 draft was for offense.i know that is a tall order.that is my hope.:thumb:
                    elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

• IMO, we got better value. It takes a DL 3 years to truly make an impact. Blowing your load on who everyone thought we should take isn't going to fix the team in one year.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                        I agree but why can people state...

Player A=Bust

Player B=Average

Player C= Bust

...w/o even seeing them on a professional football field?

It gets really old seeing everyone on here judging a player before he even touches a NFL field!

Terrell Davis, 6th rd pick= Future HOF
                        Shannon Sharpe, 7th rd pick= HOF
                        Rod Smith, undrafted= Possible HOF

Did we judge these guys before they became stars??
                        Agreed! These guys should come in and start right away. I do think we need a SOLID rb. Not sure we have anyone stellar at that position right now.

Comment

• That's tough.

I'll say Moore, then Miller.

Comment

• To be honest, I'm excited about all of em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              I don't get it. Moore was the #1 safety on most expert's board, and he was obviously the 2nd highest on Denver's board since we drafted him with our 2nd pick. Obviously, none of those other DTs were that high on our board, or at least higher than Moore.
                              Which was the wrong decision on the pick, we overpaid for him since this was a weak class we felt safety was a need he has skill he was put at high on our board. He shouldn't have been the first selection he is good not great, and other teams with success know it starts with The interior, IE jets, Detroit, and Chicago.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                                Is that anecdotal or is there some evidence behind that? From my recollection it seems DE or OLB/hybrid guys flame out more often than the BEEF in the middle but I haven't seen any studies on that.
                                I was implying DTs drafted early, not just DTs in general. And yes there are several links to hit and miss rates of early drafted DTs.

As to the Hybrid thing, there really arent many drafted as such unless its late round prospects without a true position. So if they dont make it its not as damaging as an early miss at DT. DTs are largely one trick ponies. The tweeners often find their nitche at one position or another if the "hybrid" thing isnt panning out. When the are rated highly as "tweeners" they often get drafted high and end up being huge pieces of their teams defense. Demarcus Ware and Terrell Suggs were both "tweeners" in a sense who are used in many many looks and I am sure Miller will be used the same way. He has similar size and builds to both of those guys coming out of college as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X