No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can there be 9 scenarios that possibly play out when the Broncos have the 2nd pick? There is only 1 pick ahead of them so the number of ways it can play out is exactly equal to the number of different players Carolina could take, which is apparently 4 (Newton, Dareus, Green, Peterson). The only way more scenarios could be involved is if the Broncos trade down.

Now, if their "guy" was Von Miller, then it'd be a slam dunk cause Carolina is reportedly not considering him, and we wouldn't have any of this "7 of 9 scenarios" talk because they'd just take him at 2. Therefore, if you go solely by this Xanders interview, coupled with the 4 that Carolina is supposedly choosing between, then I think the Broncos will be trying to trade down, and are targeting either Dareus or Peterson, tough to say which I think they are likely to trade with a team that wants Blaine Gabbert, so it could be Buf, Cin, Ari, or maybe SF. If they drop further than that, they risk their guy being gone.

.....of course this whole thing contradicts all the evidence that points toward Von Miller as the pick so take it with a grain of salt haha. Can't wait for tonight!!!
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• Miller... he provides the type of impact that your looking for with the #2 pick in the draft. Better, stronger, faster version of Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
        Patrick Peterson is the best player in the draft, and can be elite right away, so I voted for him.
        I dont agree. Peterson, even if he is the best player in the draft, is still a CB and at that position, no matter how good you are, your still largely reliant on pressure on the QB from your front. There is no such thing as a shutdown corner. There are some very good corners who get a lot of help from really good DE's, DT's and LB's. Of course, the relationship isnt all one sided. Good cover skills make a QB hold onto the ball just a bit longer which allows pass ruch to get to the QB. But, I still believe a strong pass rush makes mediocre corners good, good corners great and great corners "shut down".

Comment

• Adam Schefter: Don't expect any player trades tonight

Adam Schefter was just on Mike & Mike, and he said that while fans should certainly expect a lot of wheeling and dealing with regards to trading picks, don't expect teams to be trading any players they currently have on roster.

I guess that means we're still "stuck" with Orton for the indefinite future.
          sigpic

Comment

• If anyone took Newton I'll slap them.

Dareus please!
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Adam Schefter was just on Mike & Mike, and he said that while fans should certainly expect a lot of wheeling and dealing with regards to trading picks, don't expect teams to be trading any players they currently have on roster.

I guess that means we're still "stuck" with Orton for the indefinite future.
              Well the lockout did just get lifted (for now) so it's not really a big surprise.
              sigpic

Comment

• I wasn't expecting us to deal Orton even if there was a new CBA.

No big surprise, and Orton should, at the very least provide great Competition for Tebow to make sure if we do decide to start Tebow in the upcoming year, that he has advanced his competence enough in the understanding of the passing game before we hand him the keys.
                A book I wrote

Comment

• Doom and Cameron Jordan at DE and Fairly and Austin at DT.

Comment

• Blaine Gabbert....just kidding.

I want Nick Fairly. He would bring an attitude and toughness the D-line, we haven't had in years. Defense begins from the inside in. I can handle passing on Patrick Peterson because I think there will be other CB's later in the draft. Not on his level of course, but it will be worth it to have some toughness up front.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Stream will begin Thursday at 5:00 p.m. MDT." So that's 7pm EST, and 3pm PMT.
                      Ummm... 3PM PMT???

Would that be Pierre & Miquelon Standard Time?

http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz-names/wtz-pmt.html

That would be (for those who are interested at least) UTC -03 which is one hour later than EST which would be 8PM.

For a more relevant and encompassing time zone, maybe include PST, which would be UTC -08, translating to 4 PM PACIFIC.

I don't know what would be advantageous about watching the war room compared to the draft, as I seriously doubt there will be audio and I doubt you will see their draft board at all, so what could possibly be gained?

I don't know- to each their own I guess.
                      Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

• that sucks....i want neck beard boy gone...and hope we get PP

sigpic

Comment

• I agree I don't think there will be, but all it takes is one team to trade the first player, then IMO the flood gates will be open.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• 1: Marcell Dareus -
                            2A: Stephen Paea/Marvin Austin
                            2B: Mason Foster
                            3: (Going backfield here) Quinton Carter

DE: Dumervil/ Ayers backup by Hunter
                            DT: Dareus/Paea backed up by Vickerson

LB: DJ, Mays, Haggan, Foster
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
                              Ummm... 3PM PMT???

Would that be Pierre & Miquelon Standard Time?

http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz-names/wtz-pmt.html

That would be (for those who are interested at least) UTC -03 which is one hour later than EST which would be 8PM.

For a more relevant and encompassing time zone, maybe include PST, which would be UTC -08, translating to 4 PM PACIFIC.

I don't know what would be advantageous about watching the war room compared to the draft, as I seriously doubt there will be audio and I doubt you will see their draft board at all, so what could possibly be gained?

I don't know- to each their own I guess.
                              Pacific time not Pierre & Miquelon.

There is no telling if there will be sound or not, but people will watch just because it is interesting, both the draft and war room can be viewed at the same time, considering the fact that the only way to see the war room is on the Broncos website, while the draft is on ESPN. Both can be watched at once.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Von Miller.
                                Although I love to build the lines and Dareus is a nice building block, I think that Von Miller could special in his own right. I don't know about the teachability of Dareus, after seeing several interviews with him, maybe it's his southern twang mixed with some ebonics or something but it's mostly unintelligible, but I can't figure out what he is saying when he speaks. I assume that communication might be an issue in the future.
                                Von Miller isn't a LOT better, but at least I get the impression when he is talking, there is a lot more going on behind the eyeballs.
                                Of course playing the D-line especially DT doesn't involve a lot of brain power and LB does, so maybe its a wash...I'd be happy with either, or PP. Or a trade down (unlikely it appears), but still picking up more 2nd round picks.
                                Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

Working...
                                X