Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
    Ummm... 3PM PMT???

    Would that be Pierre & Miquelon Standard Time?

    http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz-names/wtz-pmt.html

    That would be (for those who are interested at least) UTC -03 which is one hour later than EST which would be 8PM.

    For a more relevant and encompassing time zone, maybe include PST, which would be UTC -08, translating to 4 PM PACIFIC.


    I don't know what would be advantageous about watching the war room compared to the draft, as I seriously doubt there will be audio and I doubt you will see their draft board at all, so what could possibly be gained?

    I don't know- to each their own I guess.
    5 PM Mountain Time
    3 PM Pacific Time
    7 PM Eastern
    6PM Central
    sigpic

    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

    Comment


    • After re listening, he said they did seven mocks tuesday, two weds with trades. Got their #1 in seven he said. Must have been ones without trades, which means its von miller.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Trade down with ARZ for a 2nd and 4th. They like Gabbert IMO and are just smoke-screening the whole "trade down" thing.

        1-5) Nick Fairley DT
        2a) Stephen Paea DT
        2b-ARZ) Bruce Carter OLB
        2c) Brandon Harris CB
        3) James Carpenter OT
        4-ARZ) Deunta Williams S
        6a) Mario Harvey MLB
        6b) Willie Smith OL
        7) TE from UNI

        LDE- Ayers
        UT- Fairley
        NT- Vickerson/Paea
        RDE- Doom
        WLB- Woodyard
        MLB- DJ
        SLB- Bruce Carter
        Last edited by SDSU#1; 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM.

        Comment


        • Possible trade scenario

          what if the broncos traded the second pick to the cardinals for the first and second round picks and we ended up grabbing blaine gabbert or nick farley?we would be getting another pick for dropping down 3 picks i mean from what i've read the organization doesnt seem to optimistic about tebow.

          Comment


          • I suppose we could trade back into the first (or MAYBE trade down), but i'm guessing after the 2nd pick of the draft it will be pretty boring in there.
            sigpic


            Comment


            • I think there is a bit of collusion (nothing to support it) on the owner's side here. As a group, they are just not acknowledging the season is back on. I expect very little activity until the appeal is decided on.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

              Comment


              • Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                After re listening, he said they did seven mocks tuesday, two weds with trades. Got their #1 in seven he said. Must have been ones without trades, which means its von miller.
                Under this scenario, if their guy was Von Miller, they'd get him every time at #2 because Carolina isn't interested in him. Unless there are teams that trade up to no. 1 to take him before us. Doesn't seem likely.
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dmoney27 View Post
                  what if the broncos traded the second pick to the cardinals for the first and second round picks and we ended up grabbing blaine gabbert or nick farley?we would be getting another pick for dropping down 3 picks i mean from what i've read the organization doesnt seem to optimistic about tebow.
                  Two things:

                  1. If Arizona moves up, it's for Gabbert. He wouldn't be available.

                  2. Even if he was, we wouldn't take him. We'll more likely take a defensive player with our 1st rounder. We'll more likely take a QB in the 2nd or trade into the last first for one.
                  sigpic

                  2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                    After re listening, he said they did seven mocks tuesday, two weds with trades. Got their #1 in seven he said. Must have been ones without trades, which means its von miller.
                    Carolina doesn't even have Miller on their top 4.

                    They are down to Newton, Peterson, Dareus, and Green. So Miller is there 9/9 times.
                    Last edited by ERoyal248; 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      I listened to most of it. To me he didn't really didn't say much that would lead me to think it was any one person in particular. I know they have someone in mind, but who it is, I couldn't say by listening to the interview? What did you think?
                      I'm still thinking it's Dareus.

                      He said they got their guy 7/9 times.

                      If they want Miller, he's there 9/9 times because Carolina isn't even considering him at 1.

                      Down to Dareus or Peterson, and even possibly Fairley.

                      Comment


                      • Schefter said there's an 80% chance we take Miller, and a 20% chance we take Peterson.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          If they want Miller, he's there 9/9 times because Carolina isn't even considering him at 1.
                          That's not true. A lot of people are speculating that Cam Newton is a smoke screen for Carolina and that they'll actually go defense this time, in hopes of having a shot at Luck next draft.

                          While I expect Carolina to take Newton, I can see a couple of scenarios in which they don't.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I'm still thinking it's Dareus.

                            He said they got their guy 7/9 times.

                            If they want Miller, he's there 9/9 times because Carolina isn't even considering him at 1.
                            Not if they mocked two trade scenarios, those would likely be the two times where they lose out on Miller. He's there 7/7 times in a straight-up mock since Carolina isn't considering him.

                            It's all irrelevant though, we'll find out soon enough.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              That's not true. A lot of people are speculating that Cam Newton is a smoke screen for Carolina and that they'll actually go defense this time, in hopes of having a shot at Luck next draft.

                              While I expect Carolina to take Newton, I can see a couple of scenarios in which they don't.
                              Sal Pal said last night..

                              Sal Paolantonio called it a "virtual certainty" that the Panthers will select Cam Newton with the No. 1 overall pick.

                              https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...71292334084096

                              And he had an ESPN article their top 4 is Newton, Green, Peterson, and Dareus. We'll see soon enough.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                Sal Pal said last night..

                                Sal Paolantonio called it a "virtual certainty" that the Panthers will select Cam Newton with the No. 1 overall pick.

                                https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...71292334084096

                                And he had an ESPN article their top 4 is Newton, Green, Peterson, and Dareus. We'll see soon enough.
                                So Paolantonio is the only draft expert we can rely on?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X