No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these two guys considered better prospects than McBath and Bruton were? We drafted those two in the 2nd and 4th round, and so far we haven't gotten much out of either.

2010 Adopted Bronco Jason Hunter
    Official Member of the Loyalty Initiative

Comment

• Originally posted by randallh View Post
      I've watched every UCLA game over the last ten years so I probably have better insight on Rahim than most. He was a highly touted recruit going into his college career and played as a freshman. This guy is a good football player. Unfortunately I think people are overrating his "ball-hawk skills". It's absolutely true that a good number of his INT's were the result of tipped balls or being at the right place at the right time in a zone (then again, remember how many times Broncos seem to drop tipped passes over the last several years). Still, he's extremely coachable and not the type to blow assignments (which says a lot of you've watched UCLA football).

Now the good part. His tackling is underrated. He's not the heaviest hitter, but one on one, he rarely gets beat. UCLA's defense was a disaster last year. Guys like Brian Price graduated the year prior and Moore didn't have many picks because everyone RAN the ball against their porous D-Line.

Moore isn't going to be the next Troy Polamalu, but he's very solid, a leader, tackles well and will chip in with a pick every now and then.
      LOL, that means he's going to fit right in. What I saw from that highlight is a solid football player. He's not the flashy type saftey, but he's solid and uses technique. Which is what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac99 View Post
        He said he was interested that we drafted two safeties who were best suited for the free safety position. What do you think?
        Considering both of them are barely 200 lbs, I would say he is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          I have settled down since DT's take time to develop and so you get great role players around you and protect your franchise in Tebow. Yea DT is needed, but I think I have pegged Fox as a big body DT man who just want's no name DT's that just clog the middle of the field so all these playmakers can make plays. He had one disruptive DT down in Carolina in Jenkins, but mostly no names players. I have come around to their thinking and think they are doing a great job since space eaters to fall and can be had later in the draft.
          Yeah and they were a superbowl contender when they had the wicked Defensive line with name players on it.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            Why be mad?

We got 3 starters with our first 3 picks. They have an immense amount of college experience to go along with athletic ability and upside. They will be starters for us this season.

Perhaps Paea or Austin just don't fit our scheme.

We still have free agency, and I expect us to get a proven defensive tackle through there.

But we've had a great draft thus far.
            All the players we have drafted the last 3 years have had an immense amount of college experience. That landed us the second pick over all. When you dont have a dline that can eat up the oline, it allows the oline to easily get into the second level on running plays, thus the reason we ranked 31st in the league.

Buffalo ranked dead last, and were not stupid enough to not address that crucial need. Lets see who has the bigger improvment against the run this coming year.

Comment

• I think that meant a lot to the kid too. Of all the picks he seems the most genuinely excited to be a Bronco.
              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• don´t know who had the desition, but i think it was classy to let a fan present a draftpick

Comment

• Somethings gotta give...safeties

Okay people, did you know that we now have (((( 7 ))))) safeties on our roster?! Most teams play with two on the field, maybe we are gonna go 2-2-7! LMAO. I was wondering who do you think is going to be on the final 2o11 roster when/IF the season counts?

Comment

• I didn't know people was crying over the picks, every thread I look in there is nothing but positive feed about each pick, even the TE.

I like all the picks, we are getting the best player at the spot, it's not like we are not addressing needs, because we need a linebacker, we need safeties, we need a tackle, we need a tight end. We also need a running back and defensive tackles.

At least we are addressing some of our needs, and not picking positions that we don't need(WR,QB,K,G's, CB,etc)

If we drafted a QB or a wide out, then I would be complaining on these boards about how dumb this crap is, and how McDaniels was better than these 3 clowns(SARCASM)
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Hill and Jones will get cut.

Moore/McBath at FS.

Dawkins/Carter/Bruton at SS.

Comment

• Dawkins - Moore
                          Carter - McBath
                          Bruton_______

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                            Wrong, its still a completely relevent topic. We continue to miss in the draft, and not address real needs. Its great that we have 4 starters. But please explain to me how those 4 starters are going to keep running backs at bay when they have NFL olinemen in their faces, because we have nobody on the dline to eat up blockers.

Its relevent, its a problem. Im not looking forward to picking in the top 5 next year, especially when odds are the DT crop is not going to be as strong as this year as this is on of the stronger groups in recent memory and we failed to pick any of them..

Comment

• Carter can play both safety positions well and should be a special teams stallwart.

Comment

• reach for tyrod

As much as I complain about the Dline, I would not mind seeing the Broncos reach for Tyrod Taylor late. He would be a great backup for Tebow. Similar skill set.

Once the system is built it would be nice to have a similar QB step in when Tebow can not go:thumb:
                                Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Working...
                                X