No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though I want Tebow to start and believe he will, I don't think it nessasarily mean Tebow.

Fox is a run first, pass second coach. So it points more to just plain running the ball more so than point to Tebow.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• What's this say about Quinn? Our 2nd rd TE

Comment

• I think it means our tight ends suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
          What's this say about Quinn? Our 2nd rd TE
          It says he's the blocking guy. The two new guys will catch the passes - if one of them develops into a good blocker as well, then Quinn gets to ride the pine a lot.

Comment

• It sounds ...

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            "Today the Broncos take 2 TE's. You can expect double tight end sets which means running the ball a lot, it means easy reads and throws, it means Tim Tebow."

What do you guys think?
            ... to me a lot like what Bill Walsh wrote about how multiple formations can dictate to the D.

According to Bill, there are the formations, and then there are the players you put in each spot.

Walsh would line up WRs in the backfield, RBs in the slot, tight with WRs on the ends, etc.

With a couple of TEs who can receive, you can go tight with two backs split wide. You can use them as H-Backs and put them in motion. You can line them up in the backfield and put them in motion, etc.

All this is pretty staple WCO stuff. Using multiple formations from which you run plays from a script. Bill Walsh, the last great offensive innovator in the NFL.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              I give it a C-, we got some good players, but our values of where we took players were off, however depending on FA could go up to a B
              Which picks??

Miller at 2, arguably the best defensive player in the entire draft.
              Moore at 45 is a steal when he was a early 2nd.
              Franklin at 46 is a little too high, but his upside is tremendous.
              Irving in the 3rd is great.
              Carter in the 4th is a steal, he was considered a 2nd-3rd rounder.
              Thomas was immense upside.
              Green was a 3rd rounder, getting him in the 7th is a steal.

The only real reaches were Thomas and Franklin.

Comment

• What's up Al! Glad McD is gone so I can stay out of trouble!!! lmao

Comment

• B+

Loved most of the picks. I didnt understand the first tight end, but thats the only one I didnt like. Loved the carter pick. What amazing value.

I agree with the BPA route. We have FA and next year to address D line and I think with the talent we added to our secondary, I think the FA DT's may wanna play here.

I love also how the FO seemed to all be on the same page addressing the defense. Elway had me concerned being an offensive guy that he might be slanted heavily toward offense.

Comment

• Yeah now that it looks like the courts are getting involved, I don't think the lockout will last very much longer. Someone is going to have to give in. There WILL be football next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      I think it means our tight ends suck.
                      That's funny.

I can see Quinn and Green playing a lot this year, but the kid from Portland State was drafted on upside. If we see him this year it probably won't be until the last half of the season.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                        "Today the Broncos take 2 TE's. You can expect double tight end sets which means running the ball a lot, it means easy reads and throws, it means Tim Tebow."

What do you guys think?
                        It means TEBOW my brotha.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by horseplay View Post
                          with the way this d-line was pushed around.we were bad against the run,and had a tough time getting to the qb.we did not get any help for this d-line.i'm good with picking von miller,but to not go after a d-linemen i'm puzzeled.with the first pick in 7th rd. why not go after jeremy beal.he has speed he can rush the qb and also come off the edge and disrupt the run game.elvis on one side jeremy on the other and von on either side.i think this would help alot.i am just completely suprised that there was not more thought about d-line.
                          The reality is that D-linemen usually take two or more years to develop.

They do. They just do.

Even if we drafted one today, he'd pretty much suck for at least one season, maybe be okay next season, and then actually be good the third season.

IF everything went as well as possible.

Or we can try to snag some good veteran D-linemen down the road, or improve the line we already have by switching to a 4-3 and improving the coaching.

Honestly, I don't mind this move, and I can actually see the logic and merit of it. D-line is usually pretty slow to develop.

I'm sure someone can find exceptions, but they're just that; exceptions.

Comment

• In my mind, they doubled up at positions to ensure the fix is there at critical positions. That, plus the value of course.

You draft 5-6 different positions, half of those guys stink and you're doing the same next year. Likelihood that we're looking at LBs, S and TE next year? Not high. The definition of addressing needs. Now free agency can be focused on other positions.

Comment

• Value wise by pick

Miller-Great pick
                              Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
                              Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
                              Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
                              Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
                              Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
                              Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
                              Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

Once again good players bad value
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                                I give it a C-, we got some good players, but our values of where we took players were off, however depending on FA could go up to a B
                                Dont come around here with logic..

The truth is, most on this site would be happy with any players the Broncos take. Nobody has an objective opinion.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

Working...
                                X