No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We sux at goaline last year, Kyle Orton had a 43.3 completion percentage at the redzone only two other quarterbacks were worse. We needed those playmaking tight ends after McD traded our redzone weapons.

Comment

• also cool to see Shannon get that reception - well deserved.

and Rahim's double salute in the video - sign of things to come!

Comment

• I give this draft an A-

FEX got extremely good players that can come in right away and start for us for a long time... Getting guys like Quinton Carter, Nate Irving, and Virgil Green were all late round gems that will be major difference makers for us.

We went from having probably the worst LB core in the league, to one of the best if everything works out. Not only that but we now have extremely good depth at that position.

Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter also give us a pair of young safety's that have dynamite potential and skills. Can't wait to see these 2 manning the backfield for us on defense for years to come

We upgraded by far our weakest link on offense by getting 2 TE's that will help Tebow develop his game in his sophomore season. Virgil Green is rated a 77 on their scouting system. Which was higher than ANY player selected since the 4th round. STEAL...

Remember we didn't even have a 4th or 5th rounder, but our FO got those extra picks by trading down, and still got the best FS in the draft. Awesome, awesome work by FEX.

Best draft since 2006. I'm calling it right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Value wise by pick

Miller-Great pick
          Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
          Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
          Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
          Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
          Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
          Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
          Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

Once again good players bad value
          agree 100%, althought i would rather have Dariues than Miller. Irving could of been had later on and I believe that there was better options on the board where he was picked. Mason from Washington is a better player than Irving, and I was absolutly shocked they skipped him for Irving. Now Not that I dont like the pickup, just could of waited and there was better options.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
            it makes better sense in going through FA for a DT

unless we didn't land a 1-2 round DT, then it would make sense to get em through FA, since it takes 1-2 seasons for D-lineman to develop, in FA you can get a more experienced DT, making the defense improve dramatically.
            the part that bugs me about FA look at sam adams,jamal williams.that wasn't very good for the broncos.keith traylor that was pretty good.
            elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Value wise by pick

Miller-Great pick
              Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
              Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
              Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
              Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
              Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
              Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
              Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

Once again good players bad value
              The only reach was Mohamed, but Im not sure you can call a late 6th round pick a reach. Bad analysis IMO.
              sigpic

Comment

• I live in Reno and saw Virgil play many many times...guy is a great pass catching te..and a lot faster than most people know..I wanted him on our team from.the get go ...glad he fell to us...welcome to the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehorsesmouth View Post
                  They are singing his praises on ESPN, man i was so happy to see his name up there! WOOOO!

Looks like FOX and ELWAY want passing TE's

I dont remember FOX wanting and using passing TE's

Kid def has big play ability, and the measurables.
                  Fox's tendency toward a conservative offense will be tempered by Elway, who wants an aggressive, high octane offense to go with a powerful, dominating defense.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Was definitely cool of Sharpe to welcome the new Bronco into the family.

Was also cool of Moore too kiss the hat and the helmet.

Comment

• These two TEs both have great verticle jumping ability and this could be an attempt to solve our red zone problems. Both these guys can go up and get the ball.

Plus, Orlando Franklin is graded as an excellent short yardage OL. Franklin plus one (or both) of the TEs could really help us in the red zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
                        Dont come around here with logic..

The truth is, most on this site would be happy with any players the Broncos take. Nobody has an objective opinion.
                        That's wrong.

We got great value in almost all of our picks, and the truth is that most people around here can't understand that this isn't a quick fix. Do people not remember that we lost 22 out of the last 26 games under Josh Mcdaniels? You think that can be reversed in one offseason?

He traded away our 1st Round QB, our best RB, our Best WR & TE, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. This team had a million holes in it and the new regime can only address so many of those holes in one draft.

1. Von Miller - Best pass rusher in the draft & #1 OLB/Maybe even best player.
                        2. Rahim Moore - Best Safety in Draft
                        3. Nate Irving - rated a 1st rounder by Pill Parcells and we got him in 3rd.

Just a few of the great value picks we've gotten that are DEFENSIVE picks.
                        Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 04-30-2011, 03:11 PM.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_fan88 View Post
                          Just wondering, considering our picks so far, it would appear we are gonna be looking to FA for some help on the D-line. Would anyone happen to have a list of who is or will be available?
                          Yeah, but remember, we aren't going to get well in a year. It will take 2-3 years before we can really go out and dominate in the division, if then.
                          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
                            Wrong, its still a completely relevent topic. We continue to miss in the draft, and not address real needs. Its great that we have 4 starters. But please explain to me how those 4 starters are going to keep running backs at bay when they have NFL olinemen in their faces, because we have nobody on the dline to eat up blockers.

Its relevent, its a problem. Im not looking forward to picking in the top 5 next year, especially when odds are the DT crop is not going to be as strong as this year as this is on of the stronger groups in recent memory and we failed to pick any of them..
                            Have you talked to EFX?? You know exactly what their plan is? EFX wants a top 5 pick next year??

Its amazing what a player can do for your team when he has a chance to prove himself. You have ZERO idea what EFX is going to do at the DT position. Just because they didnt pick the players YOU wanted doesnt mean they dont have a plan in place. The players they picked were picked for a reason!

Give EFX a chance to show everyone (on the field) exactly what their plan is to make this team better!
                            sigpic

Comment

• From what I've read neither of these players are good blockers though. But its a valid point.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                                The only reach was Mohamed, but Im not sure you can call a late 6th round pick a reach. Bad analysis IMO.
                                I can we leave better players on the board at a position. He wasn't the BPA so he was a reach
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X