Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Which picks??

Miller at 2, arguably the best defensive player in the entire draft.
    Moore at 45 is a steal when he was a early 2nd.
    Franklin at 46 is a little too high, but his upside is tremendous.
    Irving in the 3rd is great.
    Carter in the 4th is a steal, he was considered a 2nd-3rd rounder.
    Thomas was immense upside.
    Green was a 3rd rounder, getting him in the 7th is a steal.

The only real reaches were Thomas and Franklin.
    Well, Von Miller may have been the best out of the Big 12 defensive selections, but overall I dont know, remains to be seen.

Green was a steal!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saucy View Post
      Yeah now that it looks like the courts are getting involved, I don't think the lockout will last very much longer. Someone is going to have to give in. There WILL be football next season.
      A lot will depend on how well Nelson wrote her decision, quoting case law. If she made the case pretty tight, it will be pretty tough for the Circuit Court to overrule, and even then, if they overrule and ignore Nelson's case law, the case can still be appealed to the Supreme Court. They would either then agree to take it or not. Given the change over to a more conservative Supreme Court during the Shrub's administration, don't be surprised if the Circuit Court overturns Nelson and then the SCOTUS refuses to take the case on a 5-4 decision. That's how close it's likely to be.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        I can we leave better players on the board at a position. He wasn't the BPA so he was a reach
        Says you.... We have no idea how high or low any of these people are rated by our team.

Comment

• Chills watching again!
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
            Says you.... We have no idea how high or low any of these people are rated by our team.
            And every other analyst...
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
              Chills watching again!
              True dat...
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• I personally love the picks. We have filled quite a few needs and added depth with some very talented prospects that fit Fox’s scheme. These guys will be playmakers and if I was a QB in the AFC West not wearing the orange and blue, I would be worried about now.

As far as DT goes, I have a feeling that we already have a deal in place for a big named FA that will take place as soon as the lockout ends. Then we will need to add another space eater that is serviceable for a couple years until we can grab one in next year’s draft.

There seems to be a lot of negativity floating around but I for one can’t wait to see this defense on the field and how this injection of youth into the LB/S core will energize this organization.
                Last edited by DarkHorse26; 04-30-2011, 04:21 PM.
                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Value wise by pick

Miller-Great pick
                  Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
                  Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
                  Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
                  Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
                  Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
                  Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
                  Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

Once again good players bad value
                  Agree with Miller
                  Doesn't matter, still a great value pick.
                  Harris is gone, they like Franklin, it's a solid pick.
                  Irving is picked right where he should be.
                  Carter was a 2nd-3rd in most mocks, extreme steal.
                  The coaching staff loves Thomas, i'm ok with it.
                  Depth, depth, depth, see: GB Packers
                  Agreed

Comment

Value wise by pickMoore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
                    Not true, he was drafted right where he was supposed to be drafted. The Broncos traded down, and still selected him. A weak safety class meant there were none selected in the 1st round. There were no Eric Berry's or Earl Thomas's, but that doesn't mean Moore "shot" up the boards.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
                    Graded out higher than the 32nd selection and tied or higher than the other OL in round 2. He was going in round 2 regardless. Franklin is indeed an upgrade in Fox's power run heavy offense over injury prone Ryan Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                      True dat...
                      I wonder if the Broncos were one of his favorite teams or it is just the excitement of the NFL moment? Regardless, I'm a Raheem fan and all of our new "family"rookie Broncos.

Now let's get them to camp! So NFL please figure it out.
                      sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• The whole defense was pushed around last year. Every part of it. Fox knows how to build a solid defense, and he's starting with young play makers in positions which the team desperately lacks depth and/or are getting very old. Putting young guys under and next to some our most solid veteran leadership shows a plan for the future, not just a flailing attempt to fix everything with what a bunch of message board commandos seem to think is the only fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Livinthelife View Post
                          Not true, he was drafted right where he was supposed to be drafted. The Broncos traded down, and still selected him. A weak safety class meant there were none selected in the 1st round. There were no Eric Berry's or Earl Thomas's, but that doesn't mean Moore "shot" up the boards.

Graded out higher than the 32nd selection and tied or higher than the other OL in round 2. He was going in round 2 regardless. Franklin is indeed an upgrade in Fox's power run heavy offense over injury prone Ryan Harris.
                          There was no star power in the draft, so the guy with talent shot up, in last years draft a late second to early third, he's good but not where drafted him

We are playing with more ZB looks this year, not a power running style, he wasn't better than Barksdale and he went in the third.

Comment

Value wise by pick

Miller-Great pick
                            Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
                            Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
                            Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
                            Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
                            Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
                            Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

Once again good players bad value
                            What? Wouldn't Elway and Co. take your calls? Lmao.
                            Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                            Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                            "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                            Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              I gotcha right here Joe....

Sharpe calls it.

Watch the whole clip.
                              Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
                              Here you go Joe....
                              Thanks guys. I loved the emotions he showed. We need that passion. Loved everything that was said. Like Gruden said, maybe not the strongest guy, but guess who's hitting the weights today and also like Gruden said, Dawkins to learn him well.

Originally posted by BRich View Post
                              also cool to see Shannon get that reception - well deserved.

and Rahim's double salute in the video - sign of things to come!
                              I thought that was cool too. Shannon getting the warm welcome.

I saw night one of the first round but have missed the rest.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                                What? Wouldn't Elway and Co. take your calls? Lmao.
                                Lol and once again I refuse to be biased and of course the people who are just make dumb comments, lol take off the orange colored glasses and look at it unbiasedly then get back to me

Comment

Working...
                                X