2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    Because we did a great job at filling holes in our defense.

We addressed LB, S, and TE. 3 of our 4 biggest needs. Now we only have one glaring hole, DT.

Now we can focus on one key area in FA, DT. Maybe pick up a RB or something. But we did a great job in this draft.
    Yep, pretty much agree here.

Add a DT in FA, re-sign Thomas, and go after DT's in the next draft.

Can't fix every hole on the team in one draft.

Comment

• Just because you and half this board don't know who Thomas is, that doesn't mean that NFL teams didn't know who Thomas was.

The Broncos liked him. They thought he would be gone. They grabbed him while they could.

Comment

• Excellent point.

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        Im glad you know how teams rank players and where they have them. Im sure you know every teams board.

If this draft has shown anything its that the "experts" dont rank the players like teams do.
        There are at least 32 "big boards" with plenty of argument within the staff on how to decide at each pick.

People who post here rely on some website and some scouting via youtube and TV, but that is far from the in depth analysis conducted by the teams.

Another important factor is that staff members from each team have actually met the players they draft. That's the human aspect of which so many armchair GMs are ignorant. Too many of them regard players as components in a computer game; measurable "stats" with a name and a number. It's pathetic.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Livinthelife View Post
          A healthy Harris, or the Harris of the past 2 seasons? Harris will last one game in Fox's offense.
          Harris a second, late roun depth at guard so if he gets injured we have a suitable replacement, over a franklin
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• This draft was very disciplined. It was clear that they went into this with a very clear draft board and had worked out a lot of scenarios. They had the discipline to stick to their plan.

It's best illustrated with what happened in the 4th rd. They had Jarvis Jenkins (DT) slated for their 4th rd pick but he was taken a few picks earlier by the Redskins, so they took Quinton Carter, another player that was rated for the 4th round and a position of need, rather than reaching for a DT who didnt belong in that round.

Apparently Paea doesnt have the kind of frame that Fox covets and Austin doesnt have the character they are looking for.

So, I am happy with the draft.
            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Go look and read my comments then look where they were drafted
              I read your opinions. I was just trying to give you some data to look at.
              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                Well, to be honest, I think we utilized the 4-3 a bit against the Jets......

We almost won. With our D-Line.

The D only improved.

I am anxious to see it!
                Going back to the 4-3 with Coach Fox and how successful it was against the Jets even in a loss was a note that needs to be made with players that were forced to learn and work the 3-4.

This draft is going to prove it's awesomeness within 2 years.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                I give it a C-, we got some good players, but our values of where we took players were off, however depending on FA could go up to a B
                C-? "good players"? Aren't good players what we want? Players with passion determination and play making abilities that will only learn from veterans on our team to improve their skills to the next level?

We needed to work defense. We ALL agree on that and that is exactly what we have done. Because we didn't draft Dareus or Peterson or whomever is on your wish list, doesn't mean the draft drifts down to a C-.

I'm pretty happy with what we did myself as we as Elway put it... "get back to the Orange Crush days".

FA which I believe WILL occur, will spark some DL help and I believe that will be the focus when the doors and Pat's checkbook is opened.

Our offense was bashed last year and in all reality, we weren't really THAT bad. We have a pretty good thing going with our WR corp, new TE's in the draft and a young improving line with Clady returning.

Throw in the Orton and Tebow debate and... never mind... let's not go there here... because whoever is under center will be just fine.

So overall I give this draft a B+ or A- range. We don't score an A+ because we didn't have the top 5 overall picks.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  Yep, pretty much agree here.

Add a DT in FA, re-sign Thomas, and go after DT's in the next draft.

Can't fix every hole on the team in one draft.
                  And we did a fantastic job filling just about every glaring need except DT.

I mean the guys did a great job making this defense better. What more can we ask for?

We drafted improved starters on the worst defense in the league. It's not like we grabbed a WR or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by missstatebronco View Post
                    Thomas must not have been on this guys "board"...lol

I wonder if some of these folks on here have ANY clue....wait no I don't wonder.
                    What? I have an opinion that contradicts what the Broncos did so I don't have a clue?

I'm happy with the draft that we had for the most part. I don't claim to know more than our Front Office does, but I do think that was the one thing we could've handled differently.

You're right, I do have an opinion of my own, after what the Broncos have been through I'm not going to blindly trust a Front Office until the prove that I should.

Maybe you should stop making dumb comments and develop an opinion that's a little more constructive.

Comment

Harris a second, late roun depth at guard so if he gets injured we have a suitable replacement, over a franklin
                      You really have Barksdale over Franklin, because every single draft grade I've looked at says the exact opposite? In fact, they said he was a reach in the 3rd. So basically it is your opinion over the "experts" and Fox/Elway is what you're saying?

What he brings: Barksdale is a three-year starter with the arm length and first step to protect the edge when his technique is sound. Problem is, he sometimes takes too long to get set and doesn't have the foot sped to recover. He has the size and tenacity to become an effective run blocker but he is a reach here in our opinion.

How he fits: RT Langston Walker is at the end of his career and also a free agent and that is where the Raiders' OL needs help. Young LT Jared Veldheer looks like the real deal and he can play either side, depending on where Barksdale fits. He could potentially become a starter in time at RT.

Comment

• Bottom line, not everybody is going to be happy in the end. But EFX felt that this was the best way to go and I will give them the benefit of the doubt because in the end, they know a little more about this than I do.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lottaphil View Post
                          What? I have an opinion that contradicts what the Broncos did so I don't have a clue?

I'm happy with the draft that we had for the most part. I don't claim to know more than our Front Office does, but I do think that was the one thing we could've handled differently.

You're right, I do have an opinion of my own, after what the Broncos have been through I'm not going to blindly trust a Front Office until the prove that I should.

Maybe you should stop making dumb comments and develop an opinion that's a little more constructive.
                          No he's pretty spot on. You don't have a clue.

Comment

• If this kid turns out to be a sold starter for 5 years it will have been well worth a 4th.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• You can't really compare the work of the defensive line to what it's gonna be this year, its a different scheme. I think the simple fact of having 4 on the line instead of 3 is gonna be a significant difference.
                              sigpic

Comment

And every other analyst...
                                If analysts were any good they would still be running teams, and be in their scouting departments.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X