Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Have you talked to EFX?? You know exactly what their plan is? EFX wants a top 5 pick next year??

    Its amazing what a player can do for your team when he has a chance to prove himself. You have ZERO idea what EFX is going to do at the DT position. Just because they didnt pick the players YOU wanted doesnt mean they dont have a plan in place. The players they picked were picked for a reason!

    Give EFX a chance to show everyone (on the field) exactly what their plan is to make this team better!
    Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Any DT would of done, there was atleast possibly 5 players that are going to fit into the scheme better than Miller. You sound just like one of those Josh Mcdaniels appologists. Just like the players the last 2 years have been picked "for a reason" even though they fixed no problems, and landed us with the 2nd overall pick.. I guess your one of those hopeless homers with no objective opinion on anything. Xanders is the same guy who has botched the last 2 drafts, so im not exactly confident in him to say the least.

    pat williams, brandon mebane and a whole bunch of crap. tommie harris.. That is whats currently available, a bunch of guys on their last leg. So please, lose the blind hope. We are heading into this year with undersized defensive ends, assuming we sign a couple of these guys, very old and broken down defensive tackles.

    Again please explain to me, how with the players on the current roster, and the players currently available via Free agency are we going to stop teams from running all over our face in our current divison. I am very curious about this miraculous plan our front office is going to pull off, and im a huge Elway fan. I just dont see this draft making a difference. Your homerism and blind faith is frankley pathetic. Take off the glasses and look at things logically.

    We took a sam backer with the 2nd pick overall. Aaron Curry ring a bell? Jon Fox's best year in 02 had little to do with linebackers(because he uses them in coverage) and everything to do with that beast dline. So yeah, im expecting another top 5-10 pick next year, because although we found upgrades the core problem is still going to be there. Teams easily destroying our dline, and getting into the 2nd level.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

    Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

    Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
      "Today the Broncos take 2 TE's. You can expect double tight end sets which means running the ball a lot, it means easy reads and throws, it means Tim Tebow."

      What do you guys think?
      I think they were 4th and 7th rounders. Thomas is very raw.


      Doubt they do a whole lot this year for us.
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JoRo View Post
        I think they were 4th and 7th rounders. Thomas is very raw.


        Doubt they do a whole lot this year for us.
        Green is ready to contribute right away as a pass catcher.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • Look at it this way. The pass rushing and run stopping issue we have had at the line, will be addressed slowly as the secondary now is going to get groomed.

          In other words:

          If the guys on the line don't improve and show their worthiness their member status on the roster would be looked at this season while the secondary will be the ones stopping the plays.

          If we don't score in FA then I would expect a tighter 4-3 lineup with the speed we have assisting the DL on lets say 3rd and 5.

          Fox is a defensive genius and we are going to see our defense play so much differently, it will shock us all.

          Seeing what we have done just opened up the "big picture" scenario for me and I'm liking it.

          Originally posted by jclark34 View Post
          You can't really compare the work of the defensive line to what it's gonna be this year, its a different scheme. I think the simple fact of having 4 on the line instead of 3 is gonna be a significant difference.
          That's what I'm trying to say here.
          Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 04-30-2011, 03:59 PM.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            Value wise by pick

            Miller-Great pick
            Moore- Weak safety class propelled Moore up the boards
            Franklin-a better OG, wasn't the best RT on the board, not much of an upgrade if any over Ryan Harris, so instead of resigning Harris and using a 2nd round pick somewhere else we got Franklin
            Irving-a good pick, but could have been had later in the draft was a reach
            Quinton Carter-Good pick took him right where he should have gone
            Julius Thomas-again good pick, but we gave up an extra 6th for him considering how we took green we gave up to much for a developmental guy
            Mohamed-Reach at a posistion we already addressed with better players on the board
            Virgil Green- Good pick great value for where we took him

            Once again good players bad value
            Just curious. How are you establishing value? How are you defining it?

            Also, not quite sure I have ever heard of a 6th rounder referred to as a "reach". Reach from where? There's only 1 round left.
            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              ... to read post after post in the offseason saying the Broncos need a "pass catching TE" and bemoaning the loss of Tony Scheffler.

              Then when the Broncos draft a couple of TEs who are great receivers, all of a sudden it's they aren't good blockers.

              Tony Scheffler didn't even line up tight half the time.

              Ask any football coach at any level what they look for first in a TE, blocking or receiving? 90+% of all coaches who use TEs will tell you that blocking is the base skill of a TE. Otherwise, why even line up tight?

              If you look at Virgil Green, he probably didn't line up as a TE most of the time at Nevada because they run the Pistol which often has no TE. Green is average as a blocker and can improve. He also will be lined up at different spots other than TE; H-Back or FB, for example.

              Blocking can be taught just like anything else. Speed and hands can't.
              I wasn't knocking the pick was just saying what I've read. I thought we got great value out of the Green pick.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                If analysts were any good they would still be running teams, and be in their scouting departments.
                They make alot more money doing what they are doing than working as a scout for a team. I dont buy this agrument anyway, everything is subjective, one scout says one thing another scout says another when reading reports and input from real working scouts.

                To me, scouts are no different than the anaylists on tv, the anaylists just have a better gig.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pratama View Post
                  Just curious. How are you establishing value? How are you defining it?

                  Also, not quite sure I have ever heard of a 6th rounder referred to as a "reach". Reach from where? There's only 1 round left.
                  A player can be considered a reach when they could of easily been had as an undrafted free agrent.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                  Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                  Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                  Comment


                  • Agreed..outside of Q Carter who i love already .. i don't understand trading those 2picks for a TE and not just picking up that Te who i believe would've been there and at least grabbing ONE DT

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
                      A player can be considered a reach when they could of easily been had as an undrafted free agrent.
                      And the only way you could know that is if the Broncos didn't pick them and he made it to free agency. But since that didn't happen, there's no way you can know which players would've made it to free agency, and which players were taken at just the right time.

                      You can sit there and say a player would've made it to free agency, but you don't know. And neither do Mel Kiper, McShay, or any of your little draft magazines or research.

                      Even scouts and GMs who have devoted their lives to doing this wouldn't know that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by leeroyjenkins View Post
                        ugh.....two words..


                        FREE AGENCY!

                        it takes 1-2 seasons to develop DT's,

                        since we needed more than just this we got 4-5 quality playmaking starters,

                        in FA we can pickup an already experienced DT, or 2, that are space eaters to set the tone for the pass rush. which can improve the D dramatically, then next season scout for DTs in that class.

                        makes total sense.
                        pat williams, brandon mebane and a whole bunch of crap. tommie harris..

                        Basically a bunch of guys on their last leg that will make little impact. I disagree about DT's taking 1-2 years to develope. Plenty come in and dominate right away, Mccoy and Suh both played well and made a noticable difference to their respective teams.

                        This draft wont change the fact that teams are going to easily run on us. Once a team gets to the 2nd level who cares how fast or great of a lineback you have, they just picked up 4 yards atleast. We play in the best running division in football, and failed to address our most glaring need.

                        Its like having a car that needs its engine replaced, but instead going and buying a new set of rims for it.
                        Last edited by Elway=Goat; 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                        Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                        Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          The reality is that D-linemen usually take two or more years to develop.

                          They do. They just do.

                          Even if we drafted one today, he'd pretty much suck for at least one season, maybe be okay next season, and then actually be good the third season.

                          IF everything went as well as possible.

                          Or we can try to snag some good veteran D-linemen down the road, or improve the line we already have by switching to a 4-3 and improving the coaching.

                          Honestly, I don't mind this move, and I can actually see the logic and merit of it. D-line is usually pretty slow to develop.

                          I'm sure someone can find exceptions, but they're just that; exceptions.
                          So we have to wait another year to start developing the line? Why not start now and get the process over with.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                          Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                          Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Lol and once again I refuse to be biased and of course the people who are just make dumb comments, lol take off the orange colored glasses and look at it unbiasedly then get back to me
                            I got no bias...it's just funnier than h e double hockey sticks to listen to you guys argue about things you have no control over nor any say in. Carry on...its very amusing..go Broncos!
                            Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!


                            Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                            Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!


                            "Why are you cutting?"
                            "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                            Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Pratama View Post
                              Just curious. How are you establishing value? How are you defining it?

                              Also, not quite sure I have ever heard of a 6th rounder referred to as a "reach". Reach from where? There's only 1 round left.
                              Where they should be drafted, and the players that are on the board as well.

                              He's a reach when we could have had a higher rated players, instead of the same posistion at depth who would have gone later
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
                                Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Any DT would of done, there was atleast possibly 5 players that are going to fit into the scheme better than Miller. You sound just like one of those Josh Mcdaniels appologists. Just like the players the last 2 years have been picked "for a reason" even though they fixed no problems, and landed us with the 2nd overall pick.. I guess your one of those hopeless homers with no objective opinion on anything. Xanders is the same guy who has botched the last 2 drafts, so im not exactly confident in him to say the least.

                                pat williams, brandon mebane and a whole bunch of crap. tommie harris.. That is whats currently available, a bunch of guys on their last leg. So please, lose the blind hope. We are heading into this year with undersized defensive ends, assuming we sign a couple of these guys, very old and broken down defensive tackles.

                                Again please explain to me, how with the players on the current roster, and the players currently available via Free agency are we going to stop teams from running all over our face in our current divison. I am very curious about this miraculous plan our front office is going to pull off, and im a huge Elway fan. I just dont see this draft making a difference. Your homerism and blind faith is frankley pathetic. Take off the glasses and look at things logically.

                                We took a sam backer with the 2nd pick overall. Aaron Curry ring a bell? Jon Fox's best year in 02 had little to do with linebackers(because he uses them in coverage) and everything to do with that beast dline. So yeah, im expecting another top 5-10 pick next year, because although we found upgrades the core problem is still going to be there. Teams easily destroying our dline, and getting into the 2nd level.
                                Have any opinion you want but I tend to judge a team on how they play on the field, not how the draft went. You have zero clue if these players are going to be good or not! You are just like everyone else on these boards, an armchair GM. I'm a huge Denver Broncos fan that loves to watch the team play before I shoot everything they have done down!

                                Oh so any DT we drafted was going to be a Pro-Bowl/All-Pro player??? If thats the case do you have the up coming lotto numbers? I mean seriously if you believe that a DT in this draft would come in and do what Suh did last year then you are crazy.

                                Ps- Aaron Curry is nothing like Von Miller at all!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X