No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayers is back to being a Left DE hand in the dirt in a 4-3 guy. That is where he belongs. His slate is clean and let's see what he can do.

Vickerson is serviceable in the interior.

Dumervil is our Right DE.

That is a lot of speed at the edge. With all the LB'ers we drafted and DJ, we now have a fast LB corp as well!

This team will rush from the edge and funnel plays up the middle. The difference is we have fast, physical LBers to handle it. Teams wont be able to get the edge on us either.

Bring in a FA DT and then go for DT's next year when you can afford to bring them along as opposed to runining them because you placed too much pressure on them by needing them to be the savior of your D.
    Last edited by jhildebrand; 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• I give it an A-/A

I liked all the picks, and I found they were reasonable to improve this team defensively. Elway did what he said he was going to do from day one, and that's draft the BPA, and by doing that we got the two best safeties in the draft, the best pass rusher, two TEs with lots of upside, and a solid potential replacement for Ryan Harris. I'm not going to complain about not getting DT's because I believe Elway and crew will address that later.

I couldn't be anymore happy, we got 2 players I had us taking in one of my first mock drafts, Virgil Green and Rahim Moore. The Beal pick was the icing on the cake. If EFX can get us a good draft like this next year, we'll be that close to being contenders.

Comment

• Well thought-out post. I tend to agree. Defensively the team has too many holes to fill in one draft. I believe EFX simply went with the best players on their board that fit targeted needs. The DT's either weren't there or were too expensive to get (getting back in for Fairley would have cost us basically the entire remaining draft...). Besides, if we had gone DT with picks 2 and 3, we'd still need S/LB/Oline/TE help. So it's not as if drafting DT's would have suddenly made this team great. With the number of holes on the team, it's a 2 year plan, and I think EFX just patiently filled holes with the best players on their board. And got some starters in the process. A refreshing change from the reaches of the last couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
          I had to give them a B-, and that was generous. Nine picks, four of them drafted as backups. That's something a winning team does, not a 4-12 team.

Oh well, I hope they've got a plan for free agency.
          These players were drafted to be starters. Not backups.

Yeah, maybe not next year but future stakes are at hand.

Such negativity.

Everyone thought we should draft defense and we did. Are they ALL going to make an immediate impact?

Of course not, but we chose players that will work into that role.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Didn't like the Von Miller pick much (if at all), the rest were good, solid picks with one reach. My favorite pick was Virgil Green, by FAR the best pick in this draft imho.

I give it a solid B- / very high C+.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              These players were drafted to be starters. Not backups.

Yeah, maybe not next year but future stakes are at hand.

Such negativity.

Everyone thought we should draft defense and we did. Are they ALL going to make an immediate impact?

Of course not, but we chose players that will work into that role.
              I see 4-5 new starters next year alone in this draft, on paper.

I'm very, very pleased.
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                Didn't like the Von Miller pick much (if at all), the rest were good, solid picks with one reach. My favorite pick was Virgil Green, by FAR the best pick in this draft imho.

I give it a solid B- / very high C+.
                I loved the Virgil Green pick, but may I ask on why you didn't like the Von Miller pick?

Comment

• Wish we'd got a DT but i loveeee this draft and think all of them are an immediate upgrade and a great start to rebuilding

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                    I see 4-5 new starters next year alone in this draft, on paper.

I'm very, very pleased.
                    I agree. I think Miller, Moore, Carter, Franklin, and maybe Thomas, can all be some really good starters for us, and they all have a lot of upside. It may take them a year or two to settle in, but with the leadership and vets on our team, I think they're in good hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      Damn Raiders got Taiwan Jones? Damn...impossible in Madden lol
                      It's going to be so fun to play with Denver in Madden now, finally we aren't extremely slow and I can force a trackmeet online lol

Comment

• Fox hints at some of our defensive strategy

Just said that he sees:

Doom and Ayers at DEs
                        Sees Miller at SAM or Will LB

Sees Ayers moving to DT in some defensive sets with Miller moving to end in those scenarios

then he stopped himself short saying he didnt want to give away too much about what they are going to be doing this year.

Interesting. . .
                        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Brian Xanders asked how the draft this year was different than with McDaniels

"Great... A lot more inclusive, a lot more people, a lot more discussion."

I'm pretty sure we all already knew who was running things the past two years.....

Comment

• B+. I loved this draft. If we can go out and have an above average FA period, then Tebow earns the starting job...this off season gets an A.

Love Von Miller too.

Comment

• Interesting note about Julius Thomas, the TE coach that developed Antonio Gates early in his career was Clancy Barone. Who just so happens to be our TE coach now, makes me feel 100x better about that pick.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                                I say put Ayers in on first and second down to keep the run game in check but on 3rd down (obviously passing 3rd downs) put this guy in, sounds like he can get to the QB
                                Nah have Dumervil, Ayers, Beal, Miller as the down linemen and maybe bring Nate Irving as a blitzer

Comment

Working...
                                X