No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller will start. (Sidenote: I think if he stays healthy, this guy is going to be DROY).

Franklin and Irving have the potential to start depending on how fast they catch on.

I think Carter has a better chance to start than Moore at Safety, but either guy could win a spot before the first game.

Thomas, Green and Beal will need work before they will be starters.

Conclusion: Elway may have been correct. 1 sure starter, 4 potential starters, 3 non-starters could= 4 starters on opening night versus the Raiders.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosR2Good View Post
      SD: 11-5
      KC: 9-7
      Oak: 8-8
      Den: 6-10

Our team cant stop the run and Tebow is still gonna struggle along with a new HC and system in place.

Our D-Line is horrid and will be chewed.

McFadden & Charles are gonna eat us alive

The Von Miller pick doesnt make sense to me.

Putting a 3-4 OLB in a 4-3 defense.

SD will win the division and i doubt there SP teams will suck again

KC will take a step back simply because the schedule is harder and Cassel isnt the answer.

Oak will have the same record but losing Asomugha will hurt them and I doubt they lose Zach Miller in FA. There D-Line is still good and if they can get pressure with them then their secondary might be okay.
      The same Charles we held to 41 yards in a complete annihilation game last year? Or maybe the 116 Yards he ran for the next game, where Orton was throwing into the dirt and we lost by 4?

We actually game plan decently against the elite backs, but we seem to have fallen asleep on McFadden and a few others....
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
        Well, he exceeded those expectations and in my opinion we got 7 and possibly 8

Von Miller- We all know he is an automatic starter, and has the most potential to be DROY..GREAT pick

Rahim Moore- Brian Dawkins is getting old and Renaldo Hill is nothing but a decent starter but is getting up there in age. This leaves Darcel McBath in the equation and although i really really like Darcel, he has proven to be injured very often. Rahim is a ballhawk and he is a decent run supporter and will be our starter at FS come day 1

Orlando Franklin-Ryan Harris is as good as gone already. Although his preferred position (even he says so) is guard he will take over for Harris as he walks out of Denver. He is a much better run blocker than Harris ever was or will be but his pass protection could use some coaching....very nasty and gruesome player, he is big and has LONG arms so he will get called for penalties more often than we're used to, but none the less...another automatic starter

Nate Irving- Considered a 1st rounder by Bill Parcels and the best MLB in the draft by us. He has the size and speed to be a force in our defense, he is a vocal leader and is extremely productive as you can see from his senior year in college. He was in a nasty car accident his junior year but since then he has recovered and brought N.C. State more reinforcement....another automatic starter at MLB.....could be the closest thing we have had in this defense to Aldra Kauwa Wilson.

Quinton Carter- Refer back to Rahim Moore for his case of starting SS. He is a HARD hitting safety that can do it all, he has above average hands and tends to be around the ball. Wherever it goes, he goes. The Broncos got many steals in this draft and he is one of them...projected to be taken mid-late 2nd or early 3rd..we got him in the 4th...another starter assuming Darcel McBath can't stay healthy.

Julius Thomas- We didn't have any receiving tight ends on our roster before we picked up this young man that converted from basketball to football. He is very athletic and has above exceptional hands and speed, needs to improve his blocking skills, but other than that we could expect him to start and make a positive impact immediately considering we only had Dan Gronkowski (we will cut him hopefully) and Richard Quinn (a good blocker, but hands of stone).

Virgil Green- Another tight end. Just like Julius Thomas, he has GREAT measurables. He is an athletic freak that will push Julius for starting tight end, he has good hands, good speed, but he could've used an extra inch of height....we could also make him start at fullback....he has the speed and and size to do it...another possible starter at either Fullback/Tight End.

Jeremy Beal- Before the senior bowl and combine this kid was considered to be a early 2nd-early 3rd rounder......but due to his measurables (slow 40 time) he dropped to in the 7th round.....STEAL OF THE DRAFT......he will give Robert Ayers a run for his money at DE or Robert could move inside and he could be as an edge rusher....with Jeremy Beal and Elvis Dumervil on the edge and Kevin Vickerson and Robert Ayers (assuming he gains a couple lbs) in the middle...I think he will make an impact THIS year whether it be on special teams or on the LINE.

any thoughts regarding my assessment of the draft.
        You're very optimistic and I hope you're right, though in reality I think getting four starters would be wonderful. I disagree that Ayers could be moved inside. He doesn't have the size to play DT. He would either be a DE in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. My take is that he will be the strongside DE until someone can beat him out of it.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Joe "what's that in your pants?" Collier of the Orange Crush days- mind you a 3-4 DC, always had the same philososphy: bend but do not break....I guess that's where they picked it up from, maybe a call from Joe...

I can always remember him stuffing that damned clipboard down his pants...
          Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

• KC
            SD
            Oak
            DEN

in that order...
            I don't expect to be contending for the AFCW title for at least another year with another great draft and plenty of picking and grooming the right players.
            Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
              When you can add Champ and Syd to the mix of rookies selected i tend to agree with this.We shouldn't have a problem signing FA DL,its a great team being put together.
              Very insightful point.. Some stud D-lineman out there is probably studying all the teams..
              and sees what we are doing...
              wants to hitch his wagon to our train.

Champ re-signing is huge... that sends a big message...

now if we just get all the young guys in and get them some experience..
              we should be competitive rather qickly...
              hoepfully by 2012...
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by duffman1260 View Post
                Thank you EFX. I always noticed for the past few years that we never seemed to be trying to take the ball away. I remember watching Jet players jsut rip at the ball anytime they could see it. Our guys would just be content getting a guy down without giving up a touchdown. I'm hoping the new guys keep their noses towards the ball and try to take the ball away as much as possible
                Right.

And I think that is about attitude and leadership.
                With Elway and Fox here...
                with these young guys all chomping at the bit...
                hopefully we get a swagger going..
                an enthusiasm and confidence...
                that was missing for the last year... until the end...
                when some changes were made.

We need strong leadership.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• With the way we drafted, there are probably a slew of DL in FA licking there chops hoping to get with the New Orange Crush!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    It's players who were invited to NY for the draft.
                    Ding Ding Ding... we have a winner!

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Crazy8: "I heard Elway say that the people they felt could help us right away at DT were gone in the 1st round. Read that as the players we drafted can help us now, while the DTs we passed up cannot help us now".

I'm inclined to believe this - there were what, 12 DE/DT's taken in round 1? Do you reach to the bottom of the DE/DT talent pool because that is a need for your team or do you take top-ranked/rated players available at other positions that are also needs for your team..?

I'd much rather go for the best at other position needs rather than so-so at one of many needs.

Comment

• Not just turnovers I'm expecting to be top 5 in sacks and TFL were going AT LEAST 10-6 and our tough schedule is gonna have us prepared for the playoffs. I honestly think we have a shot to win it all. I think we need 3 key UDFAs(fannin,parker,walls) and 2 key FAs(coefield,haynesworth) and if we add another DE either UDFA schiechl or FA ray edwards or charles johnson that's just icing on the cake

Comment

• While I like the bend, don't break & turnovers approach to defense as a stopgap, I would much prefer a stop the run, force the pass, control the game style D.

I'm willing to wait.
                          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            Don't get me wrong, I liked our draft alot, but our most glaring need was DT.
                            Agree...however DT is a position much like QB. Initially you might not get much production out of a young DT unless you get a guys like Suh. So I think the Broncos will address need at DT via FA.

Thx,
                            Joe
                            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
                              Joe "what's that in your pants?" Collier of the Orange Crush days- mind you a 3-4 DC, always had the same philososphy: bend but do not break....I guess that's where they picked it up from, maybe a call from Joe...

I can always remember him stuffing that damned clipboard down his pants...
                              We didn't draft Vaughn Miller to bend but not break. He's not a bend, but don't break player. He's an "attack, attack, ATTACK!" player. If we wanted "bend but don't break", I don't know that we would've drafted the best attacking player in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                                While I like the bend, don't break & turnovers approach to defense as a stopgap, I would much prefer a stop the run, force the pass, control the game style D.

I'm willing to wait.
                                They are taking babysteps. Last year we had "NO" defense, and I'm not referring to New Orleans with the NO either. This year it looks as if we may have an opportunistic defense that will be looking for take-aways. I'm just happy to see a draft I can semi-understand, and also to see where they might be going with it. That's much better than what I have seen over the last two years. Go Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X