No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im expecting to see some kind of new, unconventional hybrid type defense next year. Jihn has hinted that he doesnt have your average 4-3 in mind. I trust he'll be able to get major production out of Von. Now lets get us a D tackle.
    sigpic
    God Bless. Go Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
      All hoping for a big turnout to the facility tomorrow. Fox said in presser that Tebow will be in attendance

You think Orton is gonna show up?
      Yeah, wow. Regardless of what you think of Orton's quality of play, from all accounts he's been described as a great teammate and a standup guy. There is no reason to think he simply wouldn't show up; he's a team player and will want to prove he should still be the starter on this team.

I don't see how you could even question his dedication or work ethic.

Comment

• Lifting weights is how u measure work ethic for a qb? Brady and montana don't look like they've EVER lifted all u need is sketchers shape ups

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
          Yeah, wow. Regardless of what you think of Orton's quality of play, from all accounts he's been described as a great teammate and a standup guy. There is no reason to think he simply wouldn't show up; he's a team player and will want to prove he should still be the starter on this team.

I don't see how you could even question his dedication or work ethic.
          Yeah, wow. Regardless of what you think, I'm not bashing Orton or his work ethic. It was a simple question, nothing more than that. I guess it would have been better worded if I mentioned that today and Monday are VOLUNTARY and not required. No one has heard a single word about Orton all season (where he is, what he's doing etc).

Not questioning his dedication or his work ethic, I guess you assume that by me even QUESTIONING whether or not he was showing up today (it is voluntary by the way). Thanks to all who got their panties in a bunch!

Comment

• At the risk of sounding completely stupid, cant big tough, rough aggressive linemen play in a 4-3 as well?
            Well, minus the end positions....ect..
            sigpic

Comment

• Aaron Williams would be a fine pick (as would Rahim Moore) with one of our second round picks. I think we need to take BPA and that will force us to get guys in FA to fill the holes we have. Look at most 4-3 DT in the league and they are not first round picks. The Giants run a similar D to what we are putting together and Canty and Cofield are not household names. The Ends and LB are where they are strong. We need a few more guys to rotate with Vickerson, we can bring a couple of the guys we let go back even. We could be fine taking a Safety/LB and OL over the next 3 picks.

I would still rather we take Austin, Moore and Jenkins today though : )

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                A few things. Even if this team is remaining with a 3-4, it really doesnt make sense to pass on Dareus. Since, they got rid of all of their potential NTs in Williams and got rid of their Baanan.

Also, if a team needs to rely on sending a 5th guy, that team is doomed. Every QB and every OC have seen all the looks. Once the QB knows where the rush is coming from, they eat that alive.

The difference in a 3-4, is the 4th guy is sent from different spots, using a zone blitz. Therefore, the anticipation and hot reads for QBs are broken down. That is the reason you see so many QBs have tougher times against the 3-4. Manning being one of them, and Cutler usually has a tough time against the 3-4 for that reason.

That is why so many teams are switching to the 3-4 in this day and age under these rules. The Broncos are the only team in the last 5 years to switch from the 3-4, bacl to the 4-3.

Weird to me.
                I'm not making the case for a 4-3 over a 3-4. I'm just speculating on how they see Miller's value in the rushing the passer. If 3-4, then it seems obvious he's the fourth rusher on many downs, moving around where he's coming from.

With a 4-3, I guess Doom and Ayers go with two fat-boys, and Miller blitzes a lot from different spots.

Comment

• Broncos need to hit with the 3 picks today

Today is the biggest day for the Broncos.

As good as Miller is or will be, we need to get 3 bigtime players with our 2 2nds, and our 3rd.

Comment

• Yessir!!! I think we will trade our first 2nd rd pick. There is great value players at the top of the 2nd.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Agree 100%...and maybe we can acquire more picks today. I got a tweet this morning saying as much.

PostBroncos: Xanders said team has already received 2 trade proposals heading into today's 2nd/3rd rounds.
                      Not sure what the trades are but if we don't move down too much, get more picks and still get the guys on our board we will be in good shape. But your right we NEED to hit on these picks.

Thx,
                      Joe
                      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• We have the perfect draft scenerio!

This is an especially heavy talent on defense in this years draft.

And with all of the O people picked in the first round including 4 QB's 3 WRs and several o linemen picked in the first round, this leaves a bunch of people that will be left in the next 3-4 rounds that were slated to go in round 1-2.

We should be able to pick our next 3 to help fill needs on our defense and they will all be starters the way this has played out.

It's all good fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                          At the risk of sounding completely stupid, cant big tough, rough aggressive linemen play in a 4-3 as well?
                          Well, minus the end positions....ect..
                          Generally speaking, the way it works is this.

DTs in a 4-3: ideal weight between 295 to 310. Right around there.

NTs in a 3-4 : Ideal weight ranges from 320 up to 350+

DEs in a 4-3 : between 250 to 290.

DEs in a 3-4 : range between 285 to 295.

That is the general scale. There are obvious exceptions, but that is the basic scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                            I'm not making the case for a 4-3 over a 3-4. I'm just speculating on how they see Miller's value in the rushing the passer. If 3-4, then it seems obvious he's the fourth rusher on many downs, moving around where he's coming from.

With a 4-3, I guess Doom and Ayers go with two fat-boys, and Miller blitzes a lot from different spots.
                            I wasnt really addressing only your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                              "He did play in a 3-4 in college." Maybe it's a deep seeded psychological desire; the way I interpreted that. Hopefully it's a cookie crumble. I know he stated we are going to run a 4-3 in January.
                              The bolded part....what...the...hell?

"Hopefully its a cookie crumble"? Huh? No...its definately a ice cream sprinkle. A blind man could see that! *backs away slowly*
                              "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

• We need to draft BPA and keep the 3 picks that we have today. There will be good talent available at all 3 picks and if we select 3 more D, I will be happy. We can fill all other holes in FA - and bring back a couple of our own DL if we have to. It will be a tough decision if Bowers/Austin/Paea are all on the board at 36. We may go safety as many are predicting (Moore or Williams). I think one of the safeties fall to our second pick though. In the third we can go back to DT (Ellis or Jenkins would be great) or maybe draft an OT or RB.

Comment

Working...
                                X