No announcement yet.

2011 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please say it isnt so.We still have a shot at Marvin Austin! And We could still have a chance at picking Martez Wilson with 2)B. So Fox Be Smart.Also Think we are going to pick up Kendall Hunter sometime today Book It..I have no idea why just came to me in a dream lol.

Comment

• paea or austin or both

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
        Worst case scenario we are a bumbling bunch consisting of inexperience and washed up players.

Best case scenario I highly doubt we will be shutting anyone out, but I can see our defense as dynamic and disruptive. We may just miss the top 15 as far as yards and points go, but between Von Miller and Dumervil we could be the defense that creates game changing plays when it matters and keep the momentum on our side.
        That's what I'm thinking as well. Our D should, hopefully, be a factor out there as opposed to last season when it was non-existant. I'm looking forward to at least some big sacks and forced fumbles from Doom and Miller
        sigpic

Comment

• Top 10, I like your optimism but pump the breaks a bit. We still have a lot of work to do and have obvious holes, not to mention not a lot of depth across the board. Love the Von Miller pick, the past five or so drafts have been making me sick still today. Passing on players like Clay Mathews, Arrapaho & drafting some of the ppl we did (won't mention to cause debate) but I'm on board with this new front office. Today is the biggest day of the draft without a doubt, we need to shore up the front line.

Comment

• 2011 is a rebuilding year.

Finish outr this draft with some more starters on defense...

sign some fo the 400 Free Agents that coma available on Tuesday ( Yay!)

Give us this year to get everything in place..

get a year for Tebow to experience and learn what he needs to learn...

then a good draft in 2012..

and THEN we will be right back into the thick of things...

and could possibly get into the playoffs.

I could not care less how our defense ranks...
            I want to see us WIN GAMES and get back into the playoff hunt.

Rebuild in 2011.. compete in 2012.
            Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-29-2011, 08:38 AM.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
              we'll be a top 10 defense like kyle orton is a top 10 QB

so, not
              He is a top 15 tho

:orton:

Comment

• Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                If bowers is there take him and trade 2b we need to get a trade like the browns got
                I think we will draft Kenrick Ellis at 2b. Xanders seems to glow when he talks about Ellis. He said that he seriously doubt that Ellis makes it out of the 2nd rd. They had a good meeting with Ellis and they were very surprised how well the interview process went with Ellis. I'm almost 100% sure that Ellis will be the pick with 2b.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I agree, or some RB of some kind. Denver tried to pull the trigger on Ingram, I fully expect them to go after a RB.
                  not buying that

Comment

• Originally posted by nugzin2040 View Post
                    Any chance to be a 10-15 defense went out the window when they passed Dareus.
                    wrong, plenty of good line players still available and looking at draft history, high first round DT's usually don't pan out well besides Suh and Warren Sapp. Getting Von Miller gave us a scary outside edge rush (once every 3-4 years chance) that will be available for years to come. Front Office and Fox are doing a great job.

http://www.footballfanspot.com/defensivetacklesbust.htm
                    Last edited by BlueOrange7; 04-29-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junitz23 View Post
                      This would be a very dumb idea. We are in position to draft Daquan Bowers, Stephen Paea, Marvin Austin or Akeem Ayers. There is absolutely no reason to trade back to draft someone nowhere near there talent.
                      You can think it's very dumb idea all you want to, but the truth is, if we get a good offer, we might just take it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                        not buying that
                        They were working the phones around the pick, and watching film. At one point Studesville came into the room and they were asking him questions. Guy at the bottom of the feed said "He's gonna be great on third down".
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                          It's not a dumb idea if we have these guys on the board and we still believe we can get one of them (or another player on our board) and still acquire extra picks with a trade. In the end the Broncos FO are going to do what they believe is best for the team.

Out of all of them I think the need is with DT so we draft Paea or Austin. However I myself would probably prefer Paea.

Thx,
                          Joe
                          I say, the more samolian players on your team the better, draft Paea

Comment

• Originally posted by red 19 View Post
                            Thank god hes trying to rebuild a team with talent and not hole fillers....

Its a nice change and I cant believe more fans arent embracing it.
                            AGREEEEED - look at the ravens! thats how you draft

Comment

• Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                              It's not a dumb idea if we have these guys on the board and we still believe we can get one of them (or another player on our board) and still acquire extra picks with a trade. In the end the Broncos FO are going to do what they believe is best for the team.

Out of all of them I think the need is with DT so we draft Paea or Austin. However I myself would probably prefer Paea.

Thx,
                              Joe
                              I agree completely... if we dont have to drop too far down...
                              we wil still get a guy we like...
                              and we NEED more picks.
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by nugzin2040 View Post
                                Any chance to be a 10-15 defense went out the window when they passed Dareus.
                                I disagree, for several reasons:

- DTs often take a couple of years to mature, and some never turn out. Suh is an extreme exception. And although Dareus looks pretty clean, he is not a lock this year.......and maybe next year he will just be average.
                                - OLBs with Miller's capabilities can change D's very quickly. This guy is ranked near the top on most experts' boards, in term of talent and athleticism
                                - Fox knows D. He will likely make our D better just by him being there
                                - Do not underestimate the return of Doom.....

Comment

Working...
                                X