Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Haynesworth

Just a thought....

He would come in and be our starting No 1 DT. He is back to the 4-3 which he has been moaning about for about a year, and we tell him this is his last chance.

He *could* be the perfect stop-gap until next years draft.

What do you all think? Personally, I like it. Dawkins would keep him in check.
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

I simple one year deal. Sure.
    sigpic

Comment

I'd take pat Williams over haynesworth
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

NO.

BTW, Dawkins may be on the chopping block with Moore and Carter coming in.

Comment

I see that "stop gap" angle, and it makes sense if we don't give up too much. BUT can you imagine him trying to pass a fitness test at altitude? Eeesh
          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by marktippins1981 View Post
            Just a thought....

He would come in and be our starting No 1 DT. He is back to the 4-3 which he has been moaning about for about a year, and we tell him this is his last chance.

He *could* be the perfect stop-gap until next years draft.

What do you all think? Personally, I like it. Dawkins would keep him in check.
            Albert could eat Dawkins.

Comment

ive been wanting him to come to denver for the past couple month...yet even though i still do want him to come to denver i saw the FA for DT and their are a few i would take over him .

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011DT.php

Comment

suspension risk

If there is ever football again, I imagine Albert would be suspended. (the whole cleavage credit card thing)

Why not. He is a diva, but who cares....he is the best at the position...not a run guy..wants sack stats.
                Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

I had to look at my calendar, i thought it was april fools day.

Comment

NO...Now or EVER!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      ive been wanting him to come to denver for the past couple month...yet even though i still do want him to come to denver i saw the FA for DT and their are a few i would take over him .

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011DT.php
                      alan branch and tony mcdaniels would be great. pure run stuffers.

Comment

quarter til 2 girl

before the draft, I would have said NO WAY..now he don't look so bad
                        Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

What in the world makes you think Haynesworth would give a flyinng Censored about what Brian Dawkins has to say. Haynesworth isnt a rookie who has to sit back and do whats told. Hes a 100million dollar man that really doesnt give a care as you can see

Comment

Albert Haynesworth

I do not get how people want this guy, is that how desperate you guys have become for a DT?

#1: He's old. He turns 30 on my birthday. We all know that players don't have a long shelf life in the NFL, so we are getting a player that is old at a position that is very physical.
                            #2: He hasn't been dominant. He was great in 2008. In 2009, he didn't play all that well in the 4-3 that the Redskins ran. He wasn't bad, but he was far from dominant. Last year even though he played a mix of DE/NT, he showed very little, and most teams didn't even try to block him with two men.
                            #3: He's out of shape. Did you guys miss that whole conditioning in the past off-season? His weight has significantly gone up, and it looks like it is mostly fat. Even when he plays he has to come off the field a lot, and lacks a great deal of stamina
                            #4: His rap sheet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Haynesworth.
                            #5: He isn't a very good teammate. So he criticized his defensive coach to the media during the season, that's not good. He threw quite the tantrum when it came to the move to the 3-4, and has been suspended by the Redskins for the problems he's caused.
                            #6: He has current legal problems. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_854073.html.
                            #7: He has injury/durability concerns as well. He hasn't played a full season since his rookie year.

So many red flags. Not great upside.
                            Last edited by Touch_30_Down; 04-30-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                              I do not get how people want this guy, is that how desperate you guys have become for a DT?
                              Short answer? Yes.

We have Vickerson. He and a few other no-names are the only people we have under contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X