X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit saying we can address during FA

This argument really upsets me and here is why:

It hasn't happened yet!!!

We could have just as easily address the safety, TE, RB, LB, CB and any other position.

We have major holes in the dline. We are not the only team looking for DTs during FA. And really, unless money is a consideration, the best ones go for a contender.

Thus, saying we will address that during FA says we don't or won't put importance on the DT position. This has been the tendency for the Broncos since the SB years. I just view DTs as important as the DEs or LBs, especially for run defense. But, this is sidetracked.

Normally, we would have already had FA and trades and we would KNOW what we need to draft. This is a bad year for the best DT group in years and our philosophy.

Day three is not as good as days 1 or 2, which I can say we drafted NEEDS. I know TE is a need, but not as much as DT is. Why a second safety?
    Broncos forever!! :clap:
    \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

This saying drives me crazy also, but the writing is on the wall. Either we're going to trade for a DT, or we're going to open the checkbook in Free Agency.
    sigpic

Comment

If we don't address it in FA, we're trading for someone.

The only DT we have is Vickerson, and maybe Thomas depending on the CBA. I'd be shocked if we don't get at least one DT.

Comment

Good DT's are rare to find and have a high bust potential its very possible (considering the fact right now Vickerson is rotating in with himself and journeyman Louis Leonard) the FO decided to try and fix the rest of the team and add established starters.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Most teams don't let good DT's go easily. But there are some teams going from 4-3 to 3-4 (like houston) so we MIGHT be able to get a DT from them.

I get your point, since we didn't take any in the draft, we can't just make them appear like magic, so FA is the way we will have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBryce View Post
            Most teams don't let good DT's go easily. But there are some teams going from 4-3 to 3-4 (like houston) so we MIGHT be able to get a DT from them.

I get your point, since we didn't take any in the draft, we can't just make them appear like magic, so FA is the way we will have to go.
            We will have too pay big if they do let them go. My belief is we are going to make some trades.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by jmjk View Post

We could have just as easily address the safety, TE, RB, LB, CB and any other position.
              But that's exactly the idea. We have so many holes and needs on this team that it made sense to simply take the highest-ranked players on our board at each pick. We needed playmakers and solid guys at almost every position, so the best thing to do was to maximize our chances of getting production--regardless of position--out of each of our picks in this draft.

This team simply had too many holes to plug them all in one draft. We were going to have to fill some of our needs through FA no matter what, and if it's "just as easy" to upgrade any position in FA, then why is it so bad to have taken care of TE, LB, and S through the draft and look to get some interior line help later?

And we're not only stuck with Free Agency--there are definitely some players on our roster who are going to be strong trade candidates, and I'm sure we'll get some help that we need in return.

Comment

I know that many people are frustrated as a lot of people have already said. But if you look at this in another light, Elway and Co. are clearly drafting to be competitive right now. I know you will say we need D-tackles to be competitive, but like people are saying we can address it in FA. Not many tackles would've made a big impact other than in the top 2 rounds anyway. If bowlen can drop some money then I believe we will get solid DT's in FA (mebane or coefield). Our defense because of the draft has actually become very intriguing for FA's (especially younger dt's like mebane and coefield), because of the pass rushing threats we will have this season and the now younger guys across the board. This draft has been solid and we have great some great players leading us into the future.
                And i'm glad to finally be on the boards! Go Denver!

Comment

We have major holes in the dline. We are not the only team looking for DTs during FA. And really, unless money is a consideration, the best ones go for a contender.

Thus, saying we will address that during FA says we don't or won't put importance on the DT position. This has been the tendency for the Broncos since the SB years. I just view DTs as important as the DEs or LBs, especially for run defense. But, this is sidetracked.

Normally, we would have already had FA and trades and we would KNOW what we need to draft. This is a bad year for the best DT group in years and our philosophy.

Day three is not as good as days 1 or 2, which I can say we drafted NEEDS. I know TE is a need, but not as much as DT is. Why a second safety?
                  I feel u but my thing is, I can deal with and I understand the 2 safeties! What gets me is the fact that we've drafted all these lbs, and now we have like 6 or 7 if not more on the roster. We could've gotten darrell scott or noel divine!

Comment

Well, ...

... Free Agency was supposed to begin on Monday, but the owners appealed for a stay and it was granted.

So, we are now in the second lockout until the courts rule. How long that will take is anyone's guess.

Roger Goodell should be required to appear daily before football fans for a good boo until these matters are resolved.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We have Vickerson and a bunch of scrubs on the roster - if you think we are going into the season with that then your negativity has clearly blurred your sanity.

Comment

We can address during FA
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
                          We have Vickerson and a bunch of scrubs on the roster - if you think we are going into the season with that then your negativity has clearly blurred your sanity.
                          but to think that the few high quality DT's that are on the FA market would come to the worst defense in the league is just as insane. money doesn't always talk the language we want to hear

Comment

i also wanted a DL but we didnt get any so quit moaning its done. They will find a way to get a stop gap in there and if it fails well we get another high pick we get our guy next year.

Anyways its not like we where one DL away from the superbowl.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                              i also wanted a DL but we didnt get any so quit moaning its done. They will find a way to get a stop gap in there and if it fails well we get another high pick we get our guy next year.

Anyways its not like we where one DL away from the superbowl.
                              no, but we were at least a couple DL away from stopping the run!

Comment

Working...
                              X