No announcement yet.

All UDFA Team: Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need Hynowski (FB) Pitt. After studying him a bit, I can't believe he didn't get drafted, total shocker. It's not a homer pick for me either, I didn't even know who he was until I looked at the list of possible FBs from the draft.

He would help to bad ass up our Offense and run game. The FB position is sooooooooooooo underrated these days and the same people who underrate it complain about not getting enough production from the RB position

A LB covering a FB there is bound to be contact, with the rule change to defenseless receiver, a FB makes an excellent check down. He has to be a blocking beast on the run and find the proper crease to widen and clear. I believe a FB would still be able to run some one over, head first and leave prints on a face mask, along the way, without a fine.
    Last edited by marcus_miller; 06-03-2011, 09:12 AM.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

NFL Fullbacks

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
      We need Hynowski (FB) Pitt. After studying him a bit, I can't believe he didn't get drafted, total shocker. It's not a homer pick for me either, I didn't even know who he was until I looked at the list of possible FBs from the draft.

He would help to bad ass up our Offense and run game. The FB position is sooooooooooooo underrated these days and the same people who underrate it complain about not getting enough production from the FB position

A LB covering a FB there is bound to be contact, with the rule change to defenseless receiver, a FB makes an excellent check down. He has to be a blocking beast on the run and find the proper crease to widen and clear. I believe a FB would still be able to run some one over, head first and leave prints on a face mask, along the way, without a fine.
      FBs line up in I/offset I and can motion. The primary function of a FB in a pro style O is to block. Hynoski would be very good at POA.

He is very slow. At Pitt he caught 38 passes in 30 games and averaged just under 7 ypc and a TD. FBs usually are covered by Backers and I don't think any starting NFL ones would have much difficulty covering him.

His lack of foot speed would hinder his contribution on KO, KOR, P, PR teams.

I wonder if he can handle the ball? Put him as the FB in gun with the QB and direct snap it to him with Fly Motion mesh point option, and there is his ball carrying opportunity.

He is definitely worth signing as an UDFA. Just don't know McCoy's plans for the O.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        FBs line up in I/offset I and can motion. The primary function of a FB in a pro style O is to block. Hynoski would be very good at POA.

He is very slow. At Pitt he caught 38 passes in 30 games and averaged just under 7 ypc and a TD. FBs usually are covered by Backers and I don't think any starting NFL ones would have much difficulty covering him.

His lack of foot speed would hinder his contribution on KO, KOR, P, PR teams.

I wonder if he can handle the ball? Put him as the FB in gun with the QB and direct snap it to him with Fly Motion mesh point option, and there is his ball carrying opportunity.

He is definitely worth signing as an UDFA. Just don't know McCoy's plans for the O.
        Yes he didn't catch many balls however he was often wide open and ran out of the backfield very often during games.

He has weird technique though which worked at the college level which I am a little worried about him using at the next level. Before he would block a guy often he would like sort of leave the ground like a jump. He would go very unsteady and off-balanced and then set and hit the ground and explode. I see his timing of this at the next level potentially getting him killed early on.

Comment

I'll be honest...
          I was fairly high on Henry for a while but I mean I would echo some of John's concerns with his blocking technique. I'd also say he really isn't a great target out of the backfield, and when he runs with the ball he is really slow, which actually does hurt a power runner because you generally want that size with some sort of speed or burst. I see him being pretty one dimensional as some of his physical limitations won't let him contribute in other parts of our team like other guys would. So while I don't think it is a bad idea to give him a shot in training camp, I'm not sure if he is going to have the success that some of you think he will.

Comment

I'd love to have Locke. As for Tolliver, don't blame the QBs, blame the playcaller
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Well, this Henry Hynoski guy has got me all amped up, man this guy is friggin' [email protected]%*. I really, really hope that we can get this guy, And Noel Devine too.
              HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                I'll be honest...
                I was fairly high on Henry for a while but I mean I would echo some of John's concerns with his blocking technique. I'd also say he really isn't a great target out of the backfield, and when he runs with the ball he is really slow, which actually does hurt a power runner because you generally want that size with some sort of speed or burst. I see him being pretty one dimensional as some of his physical limitations won't let him contribute in other parts of our team like other guys would. So while I don't think it is a bad idea to give him a shot in training camp, I'm not sure if he is going to have the success that some of you think he will.
                I am a big fan of hynoski and if used properly IMO he should only have 100 yards rushing and say 175 yards receiving each and every year he plays. All while being involved with 90% of 1st and 2nd downs and maybe like 40% of 3rd downs.

Hillis wasn't really a FB. IMO he was more of a power runner, in how we used him. I don't want another Hillis, I would rather have a traditional FB. When I think of a traditional FB carrying the rock it's on short down traps or dives, once a blue moon. When I think of FB making a catch it is only after realizing he has no one to pass block and instead becomes a check down. I want the guy taking on the first would be run stopper and or the first would be QB rusher. I've seen Video of Hynoski whacking 3 people out of a running lane, quite impressively, to do that ya gotta keep your feet under you. Even if he launches and only takes out the 1st would be run stopper, mission accomplished.
                Last edited by marcus_miller; 06-18-2011, 04:57 PM.
                I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

I would add Charlie Gantt on the list of TEs. TE isn't even gonna come close to being signed since they drafted 2 but since you have TE on your list, you might as well add him. I am still shocked he didn't get drafted and I bet some team signs him as an UDFA. I think he was one of the most under rated players in the whole draft
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X