No announcement yet.

Jullius Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharpe is listed at 228 for his playing weight on most sites. But you really can't compare Sharpe to Thomas. Sharpe was only 6'2" and he was all muscle. He wanted to be a body builder before football if anyone remembers that and he only had like 4% body fat. He was one of the strongest men in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Actually I think you have it backwards, Clady is only an average run blocker right now, above average at best. He's a great pass blocker and people tend to think the same for run blocking but we actually were at our worse last year running to our left. Orlando Franklin is a superior run blocker to both him and even Harris, the only problem Franklin will have, is that he'll struggle getting to the second level so he's not going to ever pull to get outside on tosses and on zone stretches he's going to struggle getting to the 2nd level to block the LB should the run be going between him and the OG. Actually that would probably be the only time Thomas would struggle blocking because Franklin would pass the DE off to him.

Either way we have Quinn and Gronkowski, both of whom are great blockers so we can definitely come out in 2 TE sets and run the ball. Virgil Green could come in at FB in some 2 TE sets and be an option out of the backfield should we throw it on a playfake.

As far as him and YAC, he should be fine. He has pretty good agility for a guy his size and from playing basketball his legs are strong. His main problem is upper body strength right now but that'll get better as gets accustomed to NFL workouts. Although sometimes he does seem to lose focus on some balls. Here's a good video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKgTpd3EPDU
      Fanklins still a rookie and there is alot of growing pains for an ot expect like 6-8 sacks and a decent amount of holding
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I even got a couple dunks. Still elevating at 255.
        I guess that's his current weight.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          http://twitter.com/#!/Julius_Thomas

I guess that's his current weight.
          Awesome he gained the seven pounds even though every one argued about it. and so i was right on that the coaching staff is trying to get this kid to bulk up his upper body for more strength
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Awesome he gained the seven pounds even though every one argued about it. and so i was right on that the coaching staff is trying to get this kid to bulk up his upper body for more strength
            You are too full of yourself. Nobody said it would be bad for Thomas to gain weight, they just said that gaining and extra 5-10 pounds wouldn't make or break the kids career.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              You are too full of yourself. Nobody said it would be bad for Thomas to gain weight, they just said that gaining and extra 5-10 pounds wouldn't make or break the kids career.
              probably, he will probably up around 260 when season starts though.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                Fanklins still a rookie and there is alot of growing pains for an ot expect like 6-8 sacks and a decent amount of holding
                I'm not talking about sacks though, Thomas isn't going to be in the game to pass block. If he's in the game at all it'll be to catch the ball or to run block and Franklin will not have any trouble run blocking DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I'm not talking about sacks though, Thomas isn't going to be in the game to pass block. If he's in the game at all it'll be to catch the ball or to run block and Franklin will not have any trouble run blocking DEs.
                  yeah but that doesn't mean he wont have to do it. you don't want them to scheme him a WR, even if it is a chip a release thing
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

He's really fairly much in line with the TE's around him weight wise also.

Comment

Working...
                    X