No announcement yet.

Denver Broncos Can Help Their Cause By Adding These Undrafted Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gronkowski is an excellent inline blocker and cutting him would be silly. Not only that but he provides a large frame and a good set of hands when it comes to receiving the ball.

Don't think that Green won't be used a lot of ways as that "FB", his role will include blocking but look for him to be used a lot in the passing game as a pass catcher. He could be motioned to the line or receive the ball on the flats or something like that. His nice combination of speed and explosion make him a better lead blocker than someone like Grownkowski who is going to have problems running and getting in good positions to throw blocks. If you asked me what Greens weaknesses as a TE was I'd say it was probably route running and playing that H-Back role would really mask it.

Comment

How about ...

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      It's kind of dumb to to say someone is a blocking TE and someone is a receiving TE imo. I think if you have a guy that is clearly only good at receiving and struggles with blocking, Thomas for instance, you can't just put him in for receiving plays because teams will know we're passing. I expect us to use a lot of 2 TE sets with both Gronk and Quinn in. I also expect us to put Green and Thomas in for some 2 TE sets and I do expect us to run when both Green and Thomas are in as I do expect us to pass when both Gronk and Quinn are in.

Also another FA who might be a good pickup would be Deunta Williams but he'd only make even more of a logjam at the S position but more competition doesn't hurt. I think he could beat out Bruton and he can definitely beat out McCarthy.
      ... all four of them in Double Wing?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Well they told you wrong, he had 1 reception in Detroit and 40 receptions in 4 years of college, 29 of which came his senior season. He's a better blocker than Quinn, although Quinn is really good as well. Quinn might be a better receiver but he has proven as much as Gronkowski has so far. Anyone who told you he was a receiving TE was probably thinking of Rob Gronkowski

Gronk can't be put on PS since he's played in 14 games and you have to play less than 9 games. He has potential because he does have good enough speed to be a good receiving target. He's a big target as well and he's a smart guy overall. Also when he came out of college he was one of the strongest players in the draft and a premiere blocker. Personally I would go with 4 TEs and 0 FBs. Gronkowski played some FB for us last year and imo he did better than Larsen, he could do the same this year and Quinn can probably play it as well.
        K well that does change my stance on Gronk a bit but we need a real FB

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
          K well that does change my stance on Gronk a bit but we need a real FB
          I do agree, I'd certainly take Karney, Hynoski, Vickers, or Leach over him. Who wouldn't? Personally I think Gronk is too tall to play FB but he is extremely physical so if we can't get any of those guys we have a good option to fall back on

Comment

Working...
          X