Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we're not going to sign any free agents....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we're not going to sign any free agents....

Anyone know if we are even trying to re sign him?

There's a thread in the GD with a title something along the lines of "We are trying to re-sign Marcus Thomas"

Comment

No news for me.

I would guess though that the second and third tier D-linemen are waiting for the elite guys to set the market. Teams also tend to whiff on their primary targets before settling for one lower on the list.

I think we'll see the "lesser" D-linemen start to get serious play in the coming days after Aubrayo Franklin, Cullen Jenkins, Brandon Mebane, Albert Haynesworth, Jason Babin, and Ray Edwards settle somewhere.

The second tier of guys probably includes Thomas, McDonald, Watson, Bannan, Harris, Bowen, Okoye, Ayodele, Bernard, and White.

DE is pretty shallow overall, but DT is pretty deep. We could still come out of this ok if we sign a couple of these guys *without* drastically overpaying. Free Agency is scaring me with all these nutty contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        Free Agency is scaring me with all these nutty contracts.
        I think it's just indicative of the new CBA. The nutty money has been shifted from rookies to veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          There's a thread in the GD with a title something along the lines of "We are trying to re-sign Marcus Thomas"
          On my phone, searching is tough, sorry for the useless thread.

Comment

BOY I hope we can resign him. He was one of my favorite players last year, he really beast up in some of those games. If he is resigned it may be my favorite move of the entire off season.
            I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Haynesworth to Patriots

for a 2013 5th round pick. I wished we would have taken a flyer on him. Don't see how he will fit with THEIR 3-4 defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I have been pushing for Haynesworth all offseason and I always get pooped on by posters. He is going to go beast mode, and I am going to be so bummed we didnt even try to get him.

Comment

CB Joseph to Houston

Per NFL network. Dang. i really wanted him. But this meens that Nnamdi will probably indeed go to the jets. Which i really dont want to happen. Revis and Nnamdi on one side. And denver plays the Jets this year too.

Comment

Don't rule out Baltimore and Tampa Bay just yet. Both should be able to offer more money

Comment

I live in Houston, needless to say I'm ecstatic
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Damnitt we should've got him ...wouldn't wna lose Fells tho!!! Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by broncooojohnson View Post
                          doin the happy dance~

now sign Danieal Manning to play SS and we all set.

Comment

Originally posted by broncooojohnson View Post
                            Nice.....I went to High School in Houston.(Jersey Villiage).....Dad is an H-town fan and still lives there.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Great pickup for Houston Joseph is very good CB in this league.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X