• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people overlook chemistry

that's why free agency winners become losers more times than not
    sigpic

Comment

I think the Eagles look like a SB contender. Asomugha and Babin are great guys that will quickly form a bond with the team. It's not like they will play QB, they will just take care of their assignments on defense. And as a bonus now they have DRC as the #3 CB. DeSean Jackson holding out is an obvious problem but, in my opinion, they can move the chains with Maclin, Avant, Cooper and Celek. Very talented roster.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        I think the Eagles look like a SB contender. Asomugha and Babin are great guys that will quickly form a bond with the team. It's not like they will play QB, they will just take care of their assignments on defense. And as a bonus now they have DRC as the #3 CB. DeSean Jackson holding out is an obvious problem but, in my opinion, they can move the chains with Maclin, Avant, Cooper and Celek. Very talented roster.
        i've heard this before with high priced FAs

then chemistry kills it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

then chemistry kills it
          It doesn't matter with Aso, he'll just do what he's been doing. Babin on the other hand is overrated. Not sure why the Eagles brought him back after he had a whopping 2.5 sacks before this year. He benefitted from the Titans defensive scheme. Jackson wants a new contract but I doubt he'll get it this year, they don't really need him as bad as he thinks they do, Maclin is a very talented WR and the Eagles are really high on Riley Cooper. Avant is a solid possession WR as well.

Comment

then chemistry kills it
            If your a guy like Haynesworth, then ya it does.

But what about the Jets? They sign FA's like mad and they seem to do pretty well. Same with the Pats.

Eagles aren't the Redskins/Raiders. They've got a much more competent FO & coaching staff.
            Last edited by RaiderFanSD; 07-30-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
              If your a guy like Haynesworth, then ya it does.

But what about the Jets? They sign FA's like mad and they seem to do pretty well. Same with the Pats.

Eagles aren't the Redskins/Raiders. They've got a much more competent FO & coaching staff.
              so wrong lol

LT was over the hill, not a splash signing, cro was traded to them, as was edwards

holmes was traded to them from pitt

bart scott was their only FA signing of any note

with the pats, randy moss was a trade, haynes and ocho trades

NE's biggest FA splash was adalius thomas in 2007, and i'm not even sure if he's still in the nfl lol
              sigpic

Comment

it's really amazing how fans consistently get trades and free agents mixed up lol
                sigpic

Comment

it's really amazing how fans consistently get trades and free agents mixed up lol
                  Essentially the same thing though in terms of new additions to a team right?

people overlook chemistry

that's why free agency winners become losers more times than not
                  Because you're mentioning chemistry as the main component for these teams failing. Trades/Fa or whatever they are, still new additions. Really doesn't make a difference how they came in.

I agree though, the best teams build through the draft, like Pitt, Balt, and NE. But when it's the Eagles, a team with a good coaching staff & FO, I don't think there will be a problem winning.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                    Essentially the same thing though in terms of new additions to a team right?

Because you're mentioning chemistry as the main component for these teams failing. Trades/Fa or whatever they are, still new additions. Really doesn't make a difference how they came in.

I agree though, the best teams build through the draft, like Pitt, Balt, and NE. But when it's the Eagles, a team with a good coaching staff & FO, I don't think there will be a problem winning.
                    actually it's not even remotely the same in terms of chemistry

because when you trade for someone, it's usually a person who isn't at the top of their game, so if it fails in terms of chemistry, you're not risking as much

they also don't get paid as much as a high priced FA

ask yourself why high priced FA's often don't work out on new teams?

there's a difference, and it's monetary, and it effects the chemistry factor

and it's pretty much proven by all the high priced FA offseason 'winners' that turn into 'losers'

no hungry dog factor in a high priced FA, and they fail
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X