X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Just to throw an example out there....

Suppose we play the Raiders week one, and lose 21-14, but Von Miller has two sacks, Tebow plays pretty well, Eric Decker has 83 yards and a TD, Rahim Moore has a pick, Knowshon has 100 yards, and Ayers got a sack and constant pressure.

Now then, suppose we play the Raiders week one, lose 21-14, Mario Haggan has three sacks, Von Miller makes one tackle, Rahim Moore gets burnt for 2 TD's, Andre Goodman has 2 INT's, Orton plays pretty well, Ayers does nothing, Knowshon has 3 YPC but McGahee tops 100, and newly signed DT Justin Bannan has a sack and tons of pressure.

What case makes you feel better?

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Well Mebane tweeted he's working out at liberty high school, so if he's chosen Seattle why wouldn't he be there?

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Time to go after Jenkins and re-sign Marcus Thomas, possibly Bannan too. Sucks he chose Seattle. That fluke playoff game must still be fresh in his head.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Although I completely agree with this... It would be nice not to spend an entire season getting completely embarrassed. Although draft > FA, they can be important individual pieces to compliment a team. For chrissakes, a quality DT is all I ask for... we didn't draft one, so the assumption should be that we planned to get someone in FA. There's still time, I know, but I think if we don't pick anyone up EFX have essentially given up on being competitive in anything but spirit this season.

Yes, we're rebuilding, but the attitude going into every season should be to win as many games as possible.
    I dunno, I think young promising rookies playing well in a season, even if you have a bad record, gives you hope. Last year we got torched and none of our rookies were doing squat until Tebow started, and we were all overjoyed even though we were losing.

The problem is we were getting embarrassed with 50 year old defenders dotting the landscape, giving us no hope for the future.

I doubt the Browns felt that embarrassed watching promising rookies and young players perform well for them last year, same goes for the Lions.

There's losing with no hope for the future (what we felt early in the season) and losing but coming away excited with the growing potential being witnessed on the field (what we felt when we were losing with Tebow).

Leave a comment:

• TheRob
    replied
    Not to get argumentative, but I just don't think that the situation is that grim.

We really don't "KNOW" how our guys will perform in a 4-3 under new coaching scheme and regime.

It's not as simple as "Get new DT, win SB"

Let the coaches have some time before we fire them.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Originally posted by MHS View Post
    Not to many get that idea. They assume EFX can build a whole team in one shortened offseason.
    No, I can tell you that most fans are just annoyed and po'd from the EFX not getting a dt. Considering we passed on one for the next 5 or so years and opted for a pass rushing LB. And then we didn't even bother to at least try to get the 2nd tier guys. that's what's pushing some of us over the edge, because we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Thinking they would have addressed the DT situation aggressively. Which they haven't thus far.

Leave a comment:

• one5beast
    replied
    im going to be mad if the best DT we get is Landri

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    You do know that draft > FA right?
    Although I completely agree with this... It would be nice not to spend an entire season getting completely embarrassed. Although draft > FA, they can be important individual pieces to compliment a team. For chrissakes, a quality DT is all I ask for... we didn't draft one, so the assumption should be that we planned to get someone in FA. There's still time, I know, but I think if we don't pick anyone up EFX have essentially given up on being competitive in anything but spirit this season.

Yes, we're rebuilding, but the attitude going into every season should be to win as many games as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Touch_30_Down
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    How did the Packers acquire Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk?
    It is funny because I drove that point in during draft season and everyone seemed to understand it. Couple months later everyone forgets and thinks we need to win right now. You need to be realistic to build a strong franchise and fans right now aren't being realistic at all, they are very short-sighted.

Leave a comment:

• MHS
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Not to many get that idea. They assume EFX can build a whole team in one shortened offseason.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Originally posted by mdkTebow View Post
    The front office is awesome. Hopefully we are still rebuilding three years from now, draft Luck, and he turns into a bust. Time to starting tracking high school players for the dynasty in 2020.
    How did the Packers acquire Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Well, if Mebane goes back to Seattle, good for them. No DT wants to play for us right now.. We just gotta hope that if Thomas re-signs, he can be really good in 2011.

We better draft a DT in 2012 in the 1st or 2nd. We should've drafted one this year...

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Isn't this being reported by the idiot who said Nnamdi signed with the Jets last night...

Not credible, at all, just taking an educated guess.
    Yeah it is which makes me hold out hope that it's not true. At first I thought he was pretty legit, but he kinda seems to be guessing and is constantly talking trash and propping himself up. He seems sorta like a d-bag.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by mdkTebow View Post
    The front office is awesome. Hopefully we are still rebuilding three years from now, draft Luck, and he turns into a bust. Time to starting tracking high school players for the dynasty in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• mdkTebow
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X