Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoomTrooper
    replied
    Oh, super. Yet another missed opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Yeah... this guy is generally pretty spot on with breaking news super super early... heck he confirmed Nnamdi to the Jets last night, so he's always REALLY early with stuff.

I want to not believe him.... but I'm now figuring we're out of the race...

Leave a comment:

• KnowshonForSure
    replied
    Damn.............

Leave a comment:

• JAY6
    replied
    Seahawks & Broncos still in running for Mebane.
    4 minutes ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply
    http://twitter.com/#!/NaderNFLNetwor...66925783011328

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFan46
    replied
    Mebane Chooses Seattle

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tweet per incarceratedbob

**UPDATED FA NEWS**Source As we reported here at #IBN last night Mebane would choose either Seahawks or Denver today. Seattle is the winner!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I like it, we should also start extending some vets like Clady and Royal
    I've been hearing this, and I don't really agree with it. Clady is going to want a bunch of money, but we're not going to pay it because we're not sure how he's gonna be after his knee injury. I don't see any way that either side will agree. We're definitely not gonna give him big time money with so much risk, and he's not going to accept a small contract.

We're gonna have to wait on Clady. Maybe we can come to terms with something for Royal though.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Mr.Mackey said what?

Anyways.

I think it's a 50-50 chance between Denver and Seattle. Neither of the 2 are looking good at the moment, so instead of picking between playoff teams, he is picking between how has a better shot to make the playoffs.

Money is the key as well as location.

Throw him some money Denver, and prove to me that you do have the balls.
    If playoff chances are a factor then he stays in Seattle.

They won their division at 7-9 while the Broncos have to compete against the Chargers, Chiefs, and a resurgent Raiders team.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    League officials have announced that dead money is getting cleared off the books next Thursday. This is from the highest most credible source.

We. Have. Cap. Space.

Not sure what we're gonna do with it though.....

Leave a comment:

• fightinglee
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeliever View Post
    This is according to Lee Rasizer, a dependable, long time broncos beat writer.

He says that according to his sources, the Broncos aren't likely to get DTs Mebane or Jenkins. It isn't believed that Denver will land top free agent DTs Brandon Mebane or Cullen Jenkins, but only partially because of what's expected to be steep price tags. The Broncos have limited cap room and multiple needs and appear to be seeking value after many of the big-name players find new homes or re-sign with their clubs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15367581

This would explain why Denver has not signed any players as of yet. They are waiting for the big names to come off the board, while they then swoop in to pick up the crumbs....I believe that this will only get us rotational players...which is fine if we only needed rotational players. I do hope that this theory is wrong or all we will end up doing is fighting to stay out of last in the AFC West instead of contending for it.

(of course I understand that you do not build via free agency, but rather in the draft, but adding quality starters through free agency is also a valuable tool. At some point we must be prepared to do this.)
    So in other words we were never serious about being aggressive during FA. I mean, either that or our FO are stupid and didnt know our payroll. Its one or the other. For orton's 9 mil we could sign at least one star defensive player or RB.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Complete and total crap! John Fox took a Carolina team that was 1-15 and turned them into a Super Bowl team 2 years later, and he had MUCH less talent to work with there.

Fact is, this team is ready to compete and to compete now, this season. We simply need a few pieces and we are easily a 10 win team imo. Mebane would be an unbelievable signing and would improve our D immensly.

If Denver does not want to spend the money that's fine (though I don't understand where they are going to spend it because to my understanding, they HAVE to spend it as a part of the new CBA) but why go after guys like Daniel Muir and Derek Landri. We have UDFA's that will provide what these clowns provide.

I'm sorry but if the plan is to add a bunch of role players and not touch any of the big-time guys it is epic fail imo. That is what the UDFA class is for, and they come a heck of alot cheaper than the vets.

Bottom line is we need a RB to compliment Knowshon, we need a true FB, we need o-line depth, and we need another CB. I'm fine with low-budget signings here as we don't really need starters at these positions.

What we really need though is a Starting DT. Why can't we pay at least one starting DT and then sing a bunch of camp fodder for the other positions? I've heard Fox does not like to invest in DT's, he likes low budget rotational players. Well, Fox will learn very quickly that the AFC West is very different than the NFC South. When Darren McFadden and Jamal Charles are gashing us for 170 each time they play us he will realize that 285 lb DT's do not work in this division.

I don't care what they do at this point, I've come to grips with the fact they are tightwads, and refuse to spend money on what we really need. But all I want in life is 1 DT, a guy that has started in the league and is proven and not 35 years old. Just get me this and I'll be a happy man!

With the new CHEAP idea of filling a roster, this is the FA class I want;

RB Jason Snelling
    FB Mike Karney
    1 Guard
    1 Tackle
    DT Aubrayo Franklin
    1 CB

I really don't think this is too much to ask!
    I like it, we should also start extending some vets like Clady and Royal

Leave a comment:

• fightinglee
    replied
    Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
    Funny isnt it? How the Jets seem to have money to sign a bunch of players? Is that funny?

Isnt it funny how the same big market type teams all seem to have money? Even though a lof of them are supposedly over the cap? It will be sold like this. They "back loaded" a bunch of money to this player. They front loaded a bunch of money to that player. That is how they did it.

Bengals need to spend 60million, Bucs need to spend 50million. They sign anyone? What happens if they dont get to the floor? Draft picks get taken away? Fined?

What did they actually agree on with the CBA? Do we actually know?

The Broncos right now have a major QB controvery. Have two high priced QBs and a third one as well.

They will not trade turf magnet for anything less than a 2nd?

Mean while, they dont have the money fill their needs. They passedup on all of the DTs in the draft. They said they have "this plan."

Now, I see Broncos fans dealing with this somber situation by saying......well they werent going to win it this year anyway. So, who cares if they are doing stuff that makes no sense.
    What this man says is true. TRUE! ^^^^

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Mr.Mackey said what?

Anyways.

I think it's a 50-50 chance between Denver and Seattle. Neither of the 2 are looking good at the moment, so instead of picking between playoff teams, he is picking between how has a better shot to make the playoffs.

Money is the key as well as location.

Throw him some money Denver, and prove to me that you do have the balls.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
    Us fans have sided with the Mile High Report just because it makes a prettier picture out for the Broncos. But basically every sports writer in the world including our own DP says that we have cap issues. Maybe the fan written Mile High Report is wrong...?

Stop using the our FO doesn't want to spend argument because with the new CBA that doesn't work. Teams have to spend this year.
    Oh for the love of God....How many times is this lie going to be reported?

Leave a comment:

• Touch_30_Down
    replied
    Us fans have sided with the Mile High Report just because it makes a prettier picture out for the Broncos. But basically every sports writer in the world including our own DP says that we have cap issues. Maybe the fan written Mile High Report is wrong...?

Stop using the our FO doesn't want to spend argument because with the new CBA that doesn't work. Teams have to spend this year.

Leave a comment:

• b marsh = beast
    replied
    Originally posted by black sparkle View Post
    Seahawks did sign Alan Branch. Not sure if anything can be read into that.
    schefty and clayton both said it will have nothing to do with mebane

Leave a comment:

Working...
X