Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black sparkle
    replied
    Seahawks did sign Alan Branch. Not sure if anything can be read into that.

Leave a comment:

• b marsh = beast
    replied
    It'd better be 100 years for $eleventy billion otherwise I say we do whatever we can to sign him....

Im sure the redskins have considered that type of contract before

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHighHitMan7 View Post
    This team is not built for contention let alone to challenge teams that have rebuilt them selves over the past 3 years. The next two or three years will be hard to watch but I believe in the plan to make it matter in the 4th year. This is why if Orton is not the answer, they need to find out if Tebow can develop under fire. I would rather see them rebuild without throwing money away yearly.
    Complete and total crap! John Fox took a Carolina team that was 1-15 and turned them into a Super Bowl team 2 years later, and he had MUCH less talent to work with there.

Fact is, this team is ready to compete and to compete now, this season. We simply need a few pieces and we are easily a 10 win team imo. Mebane would be an unbelievable signing and would improve our D immensly.

If Denver does not want to spend the money that's fine (though I don't understand where they are going to spend it because to my understanding, they HAVE to spend it as a part of the new CBA) but why go after guys like Daniel Muir and Derek Landri. We have UDFA's that will provide what these clowns provide.

I'm sorry but if the plan is to add a bunch of role players and not touch any of the big-time guys it is epic fail imo. That is what the UDFA class is for, and they come a heck of alot cheaper than the vets.

Bottom line is we need a RB to compliment Knowshon, we need a true FB, we need o-line depth, and we need another CB. I'm fine with low-budget signings here as we don't really need starters at these positions.

What we really need though is a Starting DT. Why can't we pay at least one starting DT and then sing a bunch of camp fodder for the other positions? I've heard Fox does not like to invest in DT's, he likes low budget rotational players. Well, Fox will learn very quickly that the AFC West is very different than the NFC South. When Darren McFadden and Jamal Charles are gashing us for 170 each time they play us he will realize that 285 lb DT's do not work in this division.

I don't care what they do at this point, I've come to grips with the fact they are tightwads, and refuse to spend money on what we really need. But all I want in life is 1 DT, a guy that has started in the league and is proven and not 35 years old. Just get me this and I'll be a happy man!

With the new CHEAP idea of filling a roster, this is the FA class I want;

RB Jason Snelling
    FB Mike Karney
    1 Guard
    1 Tackle
    DT Aubrayo Franklin
    1 CB

I really don't think this is too much to ask!
    Last edited by KWHIT97; 07-29-2011, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    It'd better be 100 years for $eleventy billion otherwise I say we do whatever we can to sign him....

I'm just tired of getting run on every weekend. It's such a heartbreaking feeling, especially when we have to play against 2 really good running teams and one pretty good running team in our division.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    As it seems, he's Seattle's to lose. I want to know what's the current asking price for him.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFan46
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    -Clayton on twitter

Thread worthy? Dunno. But at least it's not another thread about the cap!

I'd give us a 40% chance to sign him at this point. It's not looking as good as I thought it was a couple days ago.
    I think my life threatening tweets are causing him to stay in Seattle... I'm so sorry Bronco Nation... I've let you all down...

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Clayton: Predicts Seahawks to keep Mebane, but should watch out for Denver

This is just a prediction but I think the Seahawks will keep Brandon MeBane, but they better watch out for Denver.
    -Clayton on twitter

Thread worthy? Dunno. But at least it's not another thread about the cap!

I'd give us a 40% chance to sign him at this point. It's not looking as good as I thought it was a couple days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bradshaw3001
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeliever View Post
    This is according to Lee Rasizer, a dependable, long time broncos beat writer.

He says that according to his sources, the Broncos aren't likely to get DTs Mebane or Jenkins. It isn't believed that Denver will land top free agent DTs Brandon Mebane or Cullen Jenkins, but only partially because of what's expected to be steep price tags. The Broncos have limited cap room and multiple needs and appear to be seeking value after many of the big-name players find new homes or re-sign with their clubs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15367581

This would explain why Denver has not signed any players as of yet. They are waiting for the big names to come off the board, while they then swoop in to pick up the crumbs....I believe that this will only get us rotational players...which is fine if we only needed rotational players. I do hope that this theory is wrong or all we will end up doing is fighting to stay out of last in the AFC West instead of contending for it.

(of course I understand that you do not build via free agency, but rather in the draft, but adding quality starters through free agency is also a valuable tool. At some point we must be prepared to do this.)
    Mebane is one thing, but we don't want any part of Cullen Jenkins, even if we had the money.

Leave a comment:

• bronco311
    replied
    It is just irritating Every year Denver is always "On a Budget" or close to the cap, just once I would love to see us actually go after a big name free agent. I am so damn tired of the Broncos being the Kyle Orton of NFL Teams

Leave a comment:

• milehighireland
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeliever View Post
    This is according to Lee Rasizer, a dependable, long time broncos beat writer.

He says that according to his sources, the Broncos aren't likely to get DTs Mebane or Jenkins. It isn't believed that Denver will land top free agent DTs Brandon Mebane or Cullen Jenkins, but only partially because of what's expected to be steep price tags. The Broncos have limited cap room and multiple needs and appear to be seeking value after many of the big-name players find new homes or re-sign with their clubs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15367581

This would explain why Denver has not signed any players as of yet. They are waiting for the big names to come off the board, while they then swoop in to pick up the crumbs....I believe that this will only get us rotational players...which is fine if we only needed rotational players. I do hope that this theory is wrong or all we will end up doing is fighting to stay out of last in the AFC West instead of contending for it.

(of course I understand that you do not build via free agency, but rather in the draft, but adding quality starters through free agency is also a valuable tool. At some point we must be prepared to do this.)
    I really really wish some of these writers understood the new CBA. However i think that we won't splash out big due to being mean as hell more so than anything.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Atlanta just cut Jenkins, their #2 WR, and got nothing. What do you realistically think we could have got for a journeyman WR like Gaff?
    Jenkins was their #2 last season....They used a top 10 pick on their #2, that pushes Jenkins into more of the $ role. With no special teams and a high cap......Release was the only option....We have a way different situation.....we have no heir apparent to his spot and we have no one that has shown he can fill it. He also has a much smaller cap number, and for the record we did get nothing for him. Just a bad trade....Unless EFX is looking to just dump older players and throw in the towel on the season in hopes of getting a higher pick....IMO this is starting to look that way

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    You seriously like the Gaff trade? This trade baffles me....We gave up a starter and easily our 2nd best WR for a guy that might or might not make the team.....This trade made no sence

Atlanta just cut Jenkins, their #2 WR, and got nothing. What do you realistically think we could have got for a journeyman WR like Gaff?

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I still have a ton of faith in EFX...We had the best draft I've ever seen, I think we'll have alot of good starters outta this last one n the great draft alone gives me faith...also we haven't really lost anyone we needed...ya I would've liked Johnson but nottt at 72mil...everyone else besides Joseph n Branch I didn't want us to get ...the two guys we need to get are still out there n although I like our chances I wish we could've closed the deals quicker (Mebane and Jenkins) Id also like to add Snelling, forget McGahee

I also don't like that they've really fumbled this Orton deal ...I do not understand how they had a hard time selling Kyle Orton to MIA...n I jus wish this camp could've opened cleaner, a qb competition is not what we need...n if we get nothin for Orton what a screw up ...but Vince Young goin to Eagles may have pulled the leverage back in our favor

Also I like what I saw about the DE we got from Washington...their fans did not like losing him at all n he appears to be a victim of a scheme change...but obviously he could suck who knows

We need to close some deals n sell #8 ... n I hope I wake up to some good news! Night
    You seriously like the Gaff trade? This trade baffles me....We gave up a starter and easily our 2nd best WR for a guy that might or might not make the team.....This trade made no sence

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    This is typical Denver.....Even if we have cap money. We never go after players that will make a difference we sit back and get role players or broken down vets and hand them insane amounts of money. Same ole front office. Just sucks sitting back and watching KC and SD completely lap us in the talent department. Maybe EFX really don't want TT and are making a play for the #1 pick and are mailing a whole season in

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKing
    replied
    Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
    THEY NEED TO DEAL ORTON!!!!!! THEY CANT AFFORD TO HAVE A qb CONTROVERSY!!!!!!! THEY NEED TO FREE UP MONEY!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DONT HAVE A DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only the Fans and the Media believe there's a QB controversy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X