Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoCanuck
    replied
    It's funny when you look back and at the time you did not appreciate what you had. I really like the hiring of Fox but wow I miss Shanahan sometimes. Under him we had Cutler, Marshall, Hillis Doom, Champ. Wouldn't you trade who we've lost under MCD for our current roster? Shanny's problem was that he just couldn't get a good defence to save his life. Imagine Shanny with Mike Nolan as his DC instead of MCD running the show. Would have been something amazing.....

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    some how this is ortons fault with his hit to the cap

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    It's funny, I would bet a lot of money many people that are so into Mebane never heard of him until other started posting. I personally got a little overly excited about this move despite not being super fimiliar with him but was at least aware of who he is. Honnestly I wish he'd just pick either Seattle or Denver so we can agonize over Cullen jenkins next. No matter who we pick up we're not a playoff team and it is delusional to think otherwise. We're building for 2012-2013 no matter what people want to think so there's no hurry to land a big fish just yet although it would be nice. Next year may be far deeper for DT. Too many people get too invested in things they have no control over....
    Well actually, i was all for him since last year (as some others here too), but that was a great thing for us for him to fly under the radar, until now. Who knows, maybe EFX have a plan to land either or even both (which would be awesome), at the same time working on the numbers to do so. I believe that that's where the majority of the money should be allocated. At the same time, Mebane is young enough to invest in, and i have no doubt that EFX will be looking for a solid DT in next years draft.

Leave a comment:

• jaycuthroat
    replied
    hahahahahha

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    It's funny, I would bet a lot of money many people that are so into Mebane never heard of him until other started posting. I personally got a little overly excited about this move despite not being super fimiliar with him but was at least aware of who he is. Honnestly I wish he'd just pick either Seattle or Denver so we can agonize over Cullen jenkins next. No matter who we pick up we're not a playoff team and it is delusional to think otherwise. We're building for 2012-2013 no matter what people want to think so there's no hurry to land a big fish just yet although it would be nice. Next year may be far deeper for DT. Too many people get too invested in things they have no control over....
    While its highly unlikely that we even reach the playoffs this year you still have to realize there are surprise teams every year. Also its every football teams job to assume they are going to the superbowl or make their best attempt to get there. I wont be too upset if we dont get mebane as long as we get SOMEONE. Im not going to be happy going into the season with a career backup and practice squad players at DT.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Tripp View Post
    Hahaha, that is hilarious. The Rams and Cards both got better this offseason. It is very debatable with the Hawks, especially if they lose Mebane. Doesn't matter if they got Sidney Rice when Tarvaris Jackson stares down his WRs.

Doesn't matter how terrible the NFC West is if you can't hang with the teams in the division.
    The Seahawks still have a better defense than both of those teams and it'll keep them in the game. And it's debateable whether or not the Cards got better, I don't think they did since they still have not improved that horrendous group of people they call an o-line. I also doubt Jackson will have to throw a lot, if they give the ball to Forsett, he will win games for them especially with the revamped interior on their o-line.

Leave a comment:

• thenewera44
    replied
    So some of you that blathered on and on after the draft when they totally ignored the DL that sucks are now saying it isnt a big deal that they have the same DL that was 31st against the rush?

I am going to reiterate this point too. Just because it bears repeating. In a 4-3 base in todays NFL the front 4 are the pass rushers. OK? I will garuntee you if they rush Miller as a 5th rusher on a regular basis, it will be a disaster. I know some of you dont get it, but that is the way it is.

My question to you perpetual optimists is what now?

If this is true, it will be

Ayers Vickerson M Thomas Dumervil.

Leave a comment:

• White Dragon
    replied
    I'm going to be optimistic about it and I won't believe the Broncos are out of the picture until it's officially announced somewhere that's 100% credible.

Leave a comment:

• Luckyshot
    replied
    27 minutes ago - by Lee Rasizer - Broncos aren't likely to get DTs Mebane or Jenkins
    It isn't believed that Denver will ultimately land top free agent DTs Brandon Mebane or Cullen Jenkins, but only partially because of what's expected to be steep price tags. The Broncos have limited cap room and multiple needs and appear to be seeking value after many of the big-name players find new homes or re-sign with their clubs. Broncos RapidReports
    figure i add this in.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    lmfaoooooo funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Schefter didn't report it. Until he tells us where Mebane is going its not over.

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I agree, but the world won't end if we don't get him.
    with another year at 4-12 or worse is there really a difference?

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I really like this guy and want him but I don't know what the negotiations are at . I would spend a good dollar for him but I wouldn't pay him like snyder did Haynesworth. I wouldn't sink all my eggs in one basket. What happens if he gets hurt. I hope we get him and I am ruting for it but if it gets to be ridiculus I won't blame the front officee for pulling the plug cause its the smart move. We need to build a team imo and that is more than one player.
    You always ALWAYS especially for Interior lineman...really any lineman include a TON of injury clauses because they are very common...you protect yourself with injury clauses as simple as that

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrush_304
    replied

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I agree, but the world won't end if we don't get him.
    For the first 15min the forum will look like it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X