X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    No this franchise has NEVER went out and spent big money on a DT in his prime name one damn occasion when we did??? and my point is we have all the money in the world to do it right now and make our team competitors right now....aren't you so sick of hearing, "Well the Broncos may win 3-5 games this year, obviously they are in no shape to make a big run"

WHY? Why not, I think this team is shaping up pretty damn nicely except for one GLARING hole and that is we have NO interior lineman so why the hell not go out and get 2 great ones immediately (we have PLENTY of cap room) and make us competitors NOW...what is wrong with that?? is it just okay to suck this year? That's wack as hell to me and I think especially with the lockout anything could happen and I'd never ever set up for a season to accept 3-5 wins that's just disgusting and not going hard after Mebane (mainly) and Jenkins is exactly what we'd be doing....saying it's okay to suck this year cuz we will get run over just like we have every damn year and I'm so sick of it
    Keep preachin' dude. I'm sick and tired of it too.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoCanuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Well a lot of people who frequent the FA & Draft section have been wanting Mebane for months. And it's not delusional to think we could have a solid team here. There's a surprise 10-6/11-5 team every single year, no reason why it can't be us.
    I did not say everyone was unaware of Mebane, but there certainly is at least a few. I have no reason to disagree with you about having a shot at being a solid team this year but the odds are against us. I'll cheer every week as I always do but look at our opponents this year and factor in that we are rebuilding and it becomes clear what the likely result is. Not trying to be a downer just saying...If we beat the Chargers I'll be pumped though

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Let bring back Keith Traylor again. I'm sure he's balloned up to 400 lbs. by now. I don't think he has actually retired yet.

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
    no we won't be awful for ever, but this guy could provide a MASSIVE boost to our defense. I say it would be wise to not let this guy get away.
    I agree, but the world won't end if we don't get him.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I really like this guy and want him but I don't know what the negotiations are at . I would spend a good dollar for him but I wouldn't pay him like snyder did Haynesworth. I wouldn't sink all my eggs in one basket. What happens if he gets hurt. I hope we get him and I am ruting for it but if it gets to be ridiculus I won't blame the front officee for pulling the plug cause its the smart move. We need to build a team imo and that is more than one player.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    It's funny, I would bet a lot of money many people that are so into Mebane never heard of him until other started posting. I personally got a little overly excited about this move despite not being super fimiliar with him but was at least aware of who he is. Honnestly I wish he'd just pick either Seattle or Denver so we can agonize over Cullen jenkins next. No matter who we pick up we're not a playoff team and it is delusional to think otherwise. We're building for 2012-2013 no matter what people want to think so there's no hurry to land a big fish just yet although it would be nice. Next year may be far deeper for DT. Too many people get too invested in things they have no control over....
    Well a lot of people who frequent the FA & Draft section have been wanting Mebane for months. And it's not delusional to think we could have a solid team here. There's a surprise 10-6/11-5 team every single year, no reason why it can't be us.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Humberg View Post
    Disagree (well, not about the name part)). You all act like this is Madden on single season mode. You know what? We don't have to get our answer at DT this year. It's a rebuilding phase that's going to last several years. So if the answer is not there, if you are going to have to over extend the books to make it happen, then it's probably better to be patient. We picked up some quality starters in the draft for our defense (and RT). We're looking for some reasonable FA's to fill some holes but we're not going to overspend.

Not doing this is what got us into this problem in the first place.
    No this franchise has NEVER went out and spent big money on a DT in his prime name one damn occasion when we did??? and my point is we have all the money in the world to do it right now and make our team competitors right now....aren't you so sick of hearing, "Well the Broncos may win 3-5 games this year, obviously they are in no shape to make a big run"

WHY? Why not, I think this team is shaping up pretty damn nicely except for one GLARING hole and that is we have NO interior lineman so why the hell not go out and get 2 great ones immediately (we have PLENTY of cap room) and make us competitors NOW...what is wrong with that?? is it just okay to suck this year? That's wack as hell to me and I think especially with the lockout anything could happen and I'd never ever set up for a season to accept 3-5 wins that's just disgusting and not going hard after Mebane (mainly) and Jenkins is exactly what we'd be doing....saying it's okay to suck this year cuz we will get run over just like we have every damn year and I'm so sick of it

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I agree, people act like if we don't get Mebane means the franchise will be awful forever.

That being said I would really like us to sign him.
    no we won't be awful for ever, but this guy could provide a MASSIVE boost to our defense. I say it would be wise to not let this guy get away.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoCanuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
    I wouldn't say sick just yet, but it is getting nerve wrecking though. I really want us to land Mebane, but with all kinds of threads flooding the message boards about Mebane, it might get on people's nerves, the more this thing drags out. I just want this to be over by tomorrow(please) :thumb:
    It's funny, I would bet a lot of money many people that are so into Mebane never heard of him until other started posting. I personally got a little overly excited about this move despite not being super fimiliar with him but was at least aware of who he is. Honnestly I wish he'd just pick either Seattle or Denver so we can agonize over Cullen jenkins next. No matter who we pick up we're not a playoff team and it is delusional to think otherwise. We're building for 2012-2013 no matter what people want to think so there's no hurry to land a big fish just yet although it would be nice. Next year may be far deeper for DT. Too many people get too invested in things they have no control over....

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Ok I think that if this were true then we would have heard about it by another source by now....

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Arnie Stapleton....DAMNNN that's a nerdy ass name lmfaoooo!!

I hope to God this isn't true seriously...it sounds kinda sketch, but if it is....our FO just sucks...I mean sucks so bad, IDC WHAT EFFING PRICE MEBANE COSTS YOU GO FREAKIN GET HIM CUZ WE HAVE NO1 ON THE INTERIOR and EFX SIGNED UP FOR THIS WHEN THEY PASSED UP ON EVERY SINGLE GOOD DT IN THE DRAFT

Marvin Austin...Paea .... GO GET HIM EFX, IDC IF YOU SPEND 60mil$ if there is anyone to break the bank on it's this guy! What quality besides Jenkins is left after him?
    I agree this is beyond sketchy, I won't believe this until I see a legit source.

Leave a comment:

• ChampBailey24#1
    replied
    We need Membane

Nov, 14, 2010. After getting sacked by Aaron Curry, Derek Anderson gets a random chest bump from #92 Brandon Mebane, who seemingly comes out of nowhere and ...

because this guy is hilarious

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by Humberg View Post
    Disagree (well, not about the name part)). You all act like this is Madden on single season mode. You know what? We don't have to get our answer at DT this year. It's a rebuilding phase that's going to last several years. So if the answer is not there, if you are going to have to over extend the books to make it happen, then it's probably better to be patient. We picked up some quality starters in the draft for our defense (and RT). We're looking for some reasonable FA's to fill some holes but we're not going to overspend.

I agree, people act like if we don't get Mebane means the franchise will be awful forever.

That being said I would really like us to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    Haha good call brother, is it just me or are you sick of this whole mebane drama?
    I wouldn't say sick just yet, but it is getting nerve wrecking though. I really want us to land Mebane, but with all kinds of threads flooding the message boards about Mebane, it might get on people's nerves, the more this thing drags out. I just want this to be over by tomorrow(please) :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    replied
    Arnie Stapleton....DAMNNN that's a nerdy ass name lmfaoooo!!

I hope to God this isn't true seriously...it sounds kinda sketch, but if it is....our FO just sucks...I mean sucks so bad, IDC WHAT EFFING PRICE MEBANE COSTS YOU GO FREAKIN GET HIM CUZ WE HAVE NO1 ON THE INTERIOR and EFX SIGNED UP FOR THIS WHEN THEY PASSED UP ON EVERY SINGLE GOOD DT IN THE DRAFT

Marvin Austin...Paea .... GO GET HIM EFX, IDC IF YOU SPEND 60mil$ if there is anyone to break the bank on it's this guy! What quality besides Jenkins is left after him?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X