Mebane Officially Back with Seattle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick7 View Post
    We are going to have to outbid Seattle big time to steal him away.

A guy is not going to leave a team that made the playoffs for a team that won four games unless there's a big difference in the contract.
    Money talks. Besides, Seattle wasn't exactly lighting people up last year. Plus they downgraded at the QB position. They'll be lucky to hit .500 next season.

Comment

You guys are "Insane in the Mebane". J/K - sorry.

Comment

I swear reading the first page of this thread was like reading a beavis and butthead cartoon... the level of excitement was nice
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

If I'm EFX, I turn my FULL attention to getting this kid in. Give him what Cofield got from Washington or something similar, and get it done.

Then I add a cheap DT and maybe a CB like Richard Marshall and the defense is done. I would then turn my attention to Tyson Clabo, maybe a cheap Guard, and a RB/FB combo.

Get the darn ball rolling gentlemen! :thumb:

Comment

Break the bank on Mebane! Try to re-sign Marcus Thomas, Bannan, or hell even both if we can. If we let Mebane slip through our hands I am going to be upset.

Comment

Let's get him! Come on EFX!
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                We've been after Weddle, DeAngelo, and Charles Johnson, unfortunately, their teams gave them massive deals.

That said, overpay for Mebane, Xanders, NOW!
                Seattle will probably overpay for Mebane, so we gotta be hard to beat this time!

In other words, YES, overpay! PLEASE
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Disagree

Don't over pay. Go into the negotiation knowing your ceiling... If the other teams surpass that, wish the player the best of luck and move on. The best run teams in the league understand that it's all about value. Stick to your guns let the Chargers give Eric the largest contract ever to a player in his position and live with the consequences of that decision... We all know the contract doesn't match the player...

Anyway... Keep the strong long-term management approach to team building going EFX.

Comment

I think most teams are willing to overpay this year for their own players due to the lockout. They would rather have a guy who knows the system and has produced in it and are willing to pay extra for him.

Comment

Down side of big $$$$$

Some players slide until the next contract is coming. I don't know about this guy????
                      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Get Mebane/Jenkins and Branch n then J. Joseph

Or all three c'mon let's go!

Comment

Get him!

He could be doing that to Rivers several times a year! Also this! Stopping elite runningbacks on 4th and goal? Yes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh ya get it done EFX, wouldnt mind seeing stops like this from this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-Ir8MXxbU
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by fairweatherh8r View Post
                              Break the bank on Mebane! Try to re-sign Marcus Thomas, Bannan, or hell even both if we can. If we let Mebane slip through our hands I am going to be upset.
                              ^
                              Ya man I am with you on this he is young talented and worth 8mil a year imo
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Get it done EFX!! Break the bank if have too this guy best FA DT on market right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X